Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

AMA supercross on fox now
Quote | Reply
I know its a motorsport but there among the fittest athletes around so I figured It belongs on here too.
Enjoy!
Fox 7-10pm eastern
Quote Reply
Re: AMA supercross on fox now [Dirt fighter] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Many of those guys are avid cyclists, and Eli Tomac (who has been doing very well lately) is the son of MTB legend John Tomac. Good stuff!

Travis Rassat
Vector Cycle Works
Noblesville, IN
BikeFit Instructor | FMS | F.I.S.T. | IBFI
Toughman Triathlon Series Ambassador
Quote Reply
Re: AMA supercross on fox now [Travis R] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Travis R wrote:
Many of those guys are avid cyclists, and Eli Tomac (who has been doing very well lately) is the son of MTB legend John Tomac. Good stuff!
Yes.. cycling is a huge component of the training regimen.
Glad to see Tomac nailing the starts!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
These are my Sunday trainer rides. Tape the race and go to town 4x7min per heat 1min rest (ff thru commercials), then 4x5 min per semi/Lcq. Then 15 min @ 4 min 85%, 1min 95% with last lap all out 3 min rest, same now 20 min. Great sweat going.
Raced for 20 yrs then found tri, don't miss the cost of mx or the broken bones but still got the itch.

"There are no problems in life, just many leadership and learning opportunities." SED
Quote Reply
Re: AMA supercross on fox now [mxblues98] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mxblues98 wrote:
These are my Sunday trainer rides. Tape the race and go to town 4x7min per heat 1min rest (ff thru commercials), then 4x5 min per semi/Lcq. Then 15 min @ 4 min 85%, 1min 95% with last lap all out 3 min rest, same now 20 min. Great sweat going.
Raced for 20 yrs then found tri, don't miss the cost of mx or the broken bones but still got the itch.
Lol, thats a great idea for training. I try and picture doing laps in my head towards the end of a hard interval. It always picks me up.
I hung it up when I turned 40 a couple years ago and got bit by the tri bug . I still ride some but no racing. Triathlon is definatly pocket change compared to moto. My son is still racing , he is working on getting his pro license this year. I still have the itch too. Ive been thinking about a run for a +40 title next year at lorettas . With all this triathlon training , by then I should have a very good base for 20+2 lol. For now its all sprint triathlon for me.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I quit 15 years away. The itch never goes away.
Quote Reply
Re: AMA supercross on fox now [argmac] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
argmac wrote:
I quit 15 years away. The itch never goes away.

My last year was '99. (I was old then). I was thinking the other day that a 300 XC-W would be fun. But, then I realized I can't ride my tri bike let alone the 1190 RC8R in the garage. Pinched nerves in the neck :-( [neck surgery is looming].

I'm more of an outdoor MX fan, SX isn't the same to me - "old school" I guess.

Funny thing, some guys (even really fast ones) never itched when they hung up their helmets. For me; as they say, "the desire is there, but..."

Where's that body from 30 years ago???

I saw this on a white board in a window box at my daughters middle school...
List of what life owes you:
1. __________
2. __________
3. __________
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I quit in 2000. Around 97 I literally had my pro application and my college applications to decide between. I knew I wasn't fast enough to make a living. My dad and my uncle raced pro in the 70s for a while, so it was in the family. At the time, Nick Wey and Kelly Smith were the fast guys in Michigan. I couldn't compare. Meanwhile, the second tier fast guys I was competitive with ended up with pretty bad pro careers. Clearly, I made the right decision.

My only supercross race was as an amateur on an 80cc at Pontiac, but raced a lot of the local arenacross or fair races. I'd always take a place like Red Bud over those, though.

I don't really care to race any longer. Motorcycles will always be in my life, though. I was riding on my own by age 4. Charter Life Member of AMA. I'm happy riding my Ducati down the street or taking one of the old Huskies into the trails now.
Last edited by: dhr: Mar 19, 17 9:27
Quote Reply
Re: AMA supercross on fox now [dhr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I did get into trials a few years back before my daughters were born.

I'd like to do that again. Great fun. You can have a blast in a small yard with some logs without driving the neighbors crazy.
Quote Reply
Re: AMA supercross on fox now [manofthewoods] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sorry about the neck injury. However I believe coming back after so many years is pretty dangerous. Your body is no longer going to be able to keep up with the instructions coming from your brain. And being on the safe side is quite difficult with all that nerve wrecking sensations and the adrenaline pumping...
Quote Reply
Re: AMA supercross on fox now [argmac] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Detroit track layout is sick tonight. Gonna be some good racing!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
2018 is turning into a great season. Tonight in Oakland was epic. These guys are so talented it’s amazing!
Quote Reply
Re: AMA supercross on fox now [JD21] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Justin Barcia has some sick bikes!
Quote Reply
Re: AMA supercross on fox now [JD21] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JD21 wrote:
2018 is turning into a great season. Tonight in Oakland was epic. These guys are so talented it’s amazing!
My hr was pegged just watching on the couch. Track was insane tonight. 49% airtime UNREAL!!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
With our involvement with the top teams, (Blu Cru just came on board with us ) we provided extra transmitter to LITPro, so you might see more data coming from the booth besides mph and which lines the riders are taking.
Quote Reply
Re: AMA supercross on fox now [ErickBar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Barcia is sponsored by Scott. He just got a new Foil with Zipp 858 and Sram. As for Oakland, my main man got knocked down and road around with Reed and the back of the pack. What a disappointment not to try and charge back to the top 10.

Bowers crash was bad.

As for Litpro, not worth the money but if you are fighting for a .5 second and getting them for free, great. Two riders can take the same line and have different speed, just ask Marvin to look at his Litpro data in the whoops. If you are a B/C rider at the local arenacross or mx track forget it. I'll put my $500 towards suspension or a weekend camp with Mashburn's at Underground MX.
Quote Reply