Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

ADIDAS Ultra Boost
Quote | Reply
What are your thoughts about this shoe. Go......
Quote Reply
Re: ADIDAS Ultra Boost [Tfeen375] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I absolutely love mine !

Don't look like there built for big mileage though but we'll see ?

LG
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
i've got a pair of energy boosts. pretty comfy ride, but the outsole seems problematic - doesn't grip teh ground well, and showing some noticeable wear at around 150 miles. (i've got a pair of brooks glycerin's with similar mileage whose outsoles are holding up noticeably better).
i got mine on sale for $120, usually $160. right now my guess is that for the miles i get out of it, compared to either, say, a brooks launch or a nike pegasus or an ascis nimbus, the miles/cost ratio isn't going to be good even at the $120.
Quote Reply
Re: ADIDAS Ultra Boost [Bob Loblaw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've been running energy boosts as well for the last few years for all seasons. I will admit that traction is not the best in wet conditions but they were still manageable. Biggest thing for me is that I'm getting high mileage out of the last few pairs I've been using, over 1700km so far and still going strong. I would imagine it would be the same for the ultra boosts as well
Quote Reply
Re: ADIDAS Ultra Boost [walie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Same here, tons of miles on my two pair I've had. The upper dies long before the sole does. The boost material is amazing stuff. Comfy on long runs & light enough of a shoe to use for some faster sessions/tempo runs. Traction can be less than ideal though on wet or even low snow conditions than other shoes I've used in the past. But it is still a super shoe--maybe a bit overpriced though.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Expensive, and a bit heavy; but love the boost midsole material, and the outsole rubber (while thin) is realy high quality and holds up well.

I find that they give me a bit more spring in my running form during brick workouts, and the boost material doesn't waterlog.

I just wish there was a light racing flat version (the Boost Adios at 8oz isn't a true flat IMO).

ECMGN Therapy Silicon Valley:
Depression, Neurocognitive problems, Dementias (Testing and Evaluation), Trauma and PTSD, Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
Quote Reply
Re: ADIDAS Ultra Boost [Titanflexr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm hoping Adidas uses the PRIME KNIT material in a version of Adios Adistar Boost model. Something with a seamless sock liner. It would weigh in around 8 oz. for size 9, but they are slow to roll out the Prime Knit models. Love the responsiveness of the shoes Adidas puts out, but they are missing the boat in the sockless environment. Also, they tend to be made for narrow feet. If they had options with wider toe boxes I think they'd gain a lot of business, since not everyone has skinny feet.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I really like boost shoes but passed on the ultra boost because of the sole. I read several reviews regarding this construction and associated durability issues. I do have and have had several pairs of boost shoes with more traditional out soles that hold up pretty good - energy boost, energy boost 2 esm, supernova glide, adizero bostons and the addios. Won't buy the ultra boost until is has some traditional rubber contact points on "normal" out soles. I have some "tech fit" boosts I wear for everyday shoes and their out sole stuff is similar looking to the boost ultra.
Quote Reply
Re: ADIDAS Ultra Boost [Titanflexr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The Takumi Sen 3 has some boost in the forefoot.
Quote Reply