Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

920XT Frozen
Quote | Reply
My 920xt screen has frozen. I have tried to power it off and then on and the screen doesn't change. The buttons still make all their normal beeps when pressed but it seems that the screen is just not registering anything. the time hasn't changed or anything else, it is simply froze.

What else can I do to regain proper function of the watch?
Quote Reply
Re: 920XT Frozen [HonestYP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mine froze after i pressed the lap button after finishing my interval at yesterday`s run. i pressed the power button for 15 seconds then it restarted itself but the lap i did prior to pressing was not saved. did you press the button that long too but still did not get anything to happen?

"Pain is NOT temporary,you remember every bit of it"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Have you tried some of these steps: https://the5krunner.com/...reboot-garmin-920xt/

You might just have a dead screen. :(
Quote Reply
Re: 920XT Frozen [dennism] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thankfully the 15seconds on the power button was the trick I needed. I had restarted it a couple of time and held the power button down for 10 secs but evidently I wasn't counting long enough.

Everything is back to normal and didn't lose any data either! Thanks for the help.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Oddly enough, mine froze this evening. The 15 sec. trick worked, but I did lose my indoor ride in the history section. I'm pretty sure it downloaded to connect, though.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
HonestYP wrote:
Thankfully the 15seconds on the power button was the trick I needed. I had restarted it a couple of time and held the power button down for 10 secs but evidently I wasn't counting long enough.

Everything is back to normal and didn't lose any data either! Thanks for the help.

After 2 years of no dramas, mine has just starting freezing after a firmware update...
Quote Reply
Re: 920XT Frozen [zedzded] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
i just updated mine this week - hopefully ours was just one of those random issues that pop up from time to time. i think with my case, i just pressed the lap button then pressed the screen toggle buttons to go to another window, i may have pressed too quickly for the watch to keep up :) it has been more than year since mine froze during a workout.

"Pain is NOT temporary,you remember every bit of it"
Quote Reply