Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

700x25 Tubular recommendations
Quote | Reply
I picked up some Gatorskins on sale at PBK and now remember why I hate these tires. Anyone using the new Michelin Pro Race 4 tubular? I like the way the Vittorias ride, however I DO NOT like that they don't hold air very well and need to be inflated prior to every ride. Was running Zipp Tangente before I made the switch to 25mm tires.
Quote Reply
Re: 700x25 Tubular recommendations [itspat] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
To race on or to train on?
Quote Reply
Re: 700x25 Tubular recommendations [GreenPlease] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Training.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
itspat wrote:
I picked up some Gatorskins on sale at PBK and now remember why I hate these tires. Anyone using the new Michelin Pro Race 4 tubular? I like the way the Vittorias ride, however I DO NOT like that they don't hold air very well and need to be inflated prior to every ride. Was running Zipp Tangente before I made the switch to 25mm tires.

part of the reason you enjoy the ride quality of the vittorias is that they have latex inner tubes; since they lose 1-2psi/hour, there's no way around topping them off before each ride.

if that is something you will absolutely not consider, then you need to write off any tire with a latex tube.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Short story is that latex tubes will ride better but you'll have to check your tire pressure every time before you ride. You can try something with a thinner and more compliant casing and a butyl tube such as the Continental GP4000s tubular but they won't last as long. Maybe try the new Specialized Armadillos. The new ones have the gripton compound and have gotten very good reviews.
Quote Reply
Re: 700x25 Tubular recommendations [GreenPlease] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Does anyone know if the new Michelin Pro 4 Tubular has a removable valve?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
http://forums.roadbikereview.com/wheels-tires/michelin-pro4-tubulars-321504.html

Yes. They will lose air overnight.
Yes. They have removable valve cores.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
i'm not familiar with these. but they list them in fat sizes

http://www.schwalbetires.com/bike_tires/racing_tires/ONE
Quote Reply