Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: 70.3 worlds men's race thread [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nice top tube riding by Ben Kanute on the descent. Motos keeping a big gap in front of him!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
devashish_paul wrote:
Nice top tube riding by Ben Kanute on the descent. Motos keeping a big gap in front of him!

They just said that it appears he has 4 minutes on the chase pack.

Javi just got caught.

And they said Sebi is 30s behind this group. WOooooooooo
Last edited by: TulkasTri: Sep 10, 17 6:00
Quote Reply
Re: 70.3 worlds men's race thread [TulkasTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TulkasTri wrote:
devashish_paul wrote:

They just said that it appears he has 4 minutes on the chase pack.

Javi just got caught.

And they said Sebi is 30s behind this group. WOooooooooo

Sebi must have hit this downhill <30 seconds behind Javier. Game is on:

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sebi is now in 2nd place.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
OK, Sebi just rode through everyone and now in 2nd behind Kanute. I assume he won't just sit around with these guys and try to put a buffer on Javier.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TulkasTri wrote:

I think all these guys are able to hang on Kienle because the camera moto is behind and diagonally off Kienle, but at 20m back the first guy is getting a piece of draft of Kienle and the massive draft from the moto giving us the coverage. Yes, I am complaining that the camera giving us the coverage is allowing the rest of the guys to hang onto him. Get that camera out of there.....I don't need the visual, I want Sebi to get his fair gap.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Whats happening to Gomez? Seems like he's going backwards now only going from the Twitter feed.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Clavel at least is coming through to take a pull here and there. The rest of those guys seem content to let him and Sebi (and the moto) tow them into T2. Feel bad for Sebi - he's racing his race but it doesn't look like it's paying off, which I guess isn't a big surprise here.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Looks like a draft fest again in the second chase pack.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
devashish_paul wrote:
TulkasTri wrote:

I think all these guys are able to hang on Kienle because the camera moto is behind and diagonally off Kienle, but at 20m back the first guy is getting a piece of draft of Kienle and the massive draft from the moto giving us the coverage. Yes, I am complaining that the camera giving us the coverage is allowing the rest of the guys to hang onto him. Get that camera out of there.....I don't need the visual, I want Sebi to get his fair gap.

Concur.

Kind of would like to see old work horse Reinaldo Colucci get a podium, but that's a longshot with Seb, Javier and Tim in the same group at T2.

EDIT: see Colucci's been popped off the back of the group.

Advocating for research & treatment for Myalgic Encephalomyelitis (ME).
http://www.meaction.net/about/what-is-me/

"Suck it up, Buttercup"
(me, to myself, every day)
Last edited by: Scotttriguy: Sep 10, 17 6:48
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Did you guys just see that? Sebi seemed pretty upset at either Gomez or the moto, Gomez just passed Sebi and Appo
Quote Reply
Re: 70.3 worlds men's race thread [Scotttriguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I wonder how much the first 30miles will affect SK on the run. To make up 3-4 mins in such a short space of time may have burnt quite a few matches.
Quote Reply
Re: 70.3 worlds men's race thread [Alfredo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Looks like Sebi just gave up giving everyone the tow. Maybe he was saying "if you clowns are just going to stay in my draft, I'm not going to do the work for you anymore."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Someone is claiming Tim Don ran a 28:04 10k (uhhh okay)

That little interaction between Keinle and Gomez was interesting.... how many times has someone told Gomez to get going?

Kanute is winning by a lot yet they are barely discussing him. I think he comes into t2 with a 5 minute gap...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
devashish_paul wrote:
TulkasTri wrote:

Hardly think anyone is getting a significant draft from the motos. Yes, they are getting a draft from the riders ahead, but a moto to the side is not helping them

Terrible Tuesday’s Triathlon
Quote Reply
Re: 70.3 worlds men's race thread [ClayDavis] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
On the blog they noted that the Chase group was asking the spotters where sebi was before he caught them. Looks like their strategy was to take it easy and wait for sebi so they could hopefully hold his wheel when he caught them.

I kind of hope he doesn't pull them anymore and Kanute gets an insurmountable lead into T2.
Quote Reply
Re: 70.3 worlds men's race thread [Scotttriguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Scotttriguy wrote:
devashish_paul wrote:
TulkasTri wrote:

Concur.

Kind of would like to see old work horse Reinaldo Colucci get a podium, but that's a longshot with Seb, Javier and Tim in the same group at T2.

EDIT: see Colucci's been popped off the back of the group.

If you watch the coverage of a break in the TdF or Vuelta, the camera's almost never show from side/behind/diagonal behind until the rider is way up and clear of the chasers. It is always from way up in the front of the break with zoom. This way the chasers can't latch onto the effort of the guy making the break. The draft from the video camera moto is probably 4-5x larger than from the rider. Overall though it's been pretty good so far.
Quote Reply
Re: 70.3 worlds men's race thread [Alfredo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Looks like Gomez and a few others are running a 50mm rim up front. Interesting, as the same was true for a lot of the top tour riders in the last TT in the TdF. Crowie also always ran a 50 up front. Is the penalty of a 50 over an 80 just not significant?
Quote Reply
Re: 70.3 worlds men's race thread [ajthomas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think SK is just frustrated at the way things are panning out.

This is what happens when you give up 4 mins on the swim.
Quote Reply
Re: 70.3 worlds men's race thread [ajthomas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ajthomas wrote:
Someone is claiming Tim Don ran a 28:04 10k (uhhh okay)

That little interaction between Keinle and Gomez was interesting.... how many times has someone told Gomez to get going?

Kanute is winning by a lot yet they are barely discussing him. I think he comes into t2 with a 5 minute gap...

I've heard that enough times to believe it - some road race. Who knows about accuracy, but he can run.

Aaron Bales
Lansing Triathlon Team
Quote Reply
Re: 70.3 worlds men's race thread [Adman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Adman wrote:

This is also what happens when the motos allow the other guys to stay closer to Kienle. if the motos cover him from way up front after he makes the pass with zoom rather than sit beside/behind him then they would never have a chance to be anywhere close in the first place.
Quote Reply
Re: 70.3 worlds men's race thread [MI_Mumps] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
28:56 in Manchester.

Fairly accurate course. This was back in 2010.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
devashish_paul wrote:
Adman wrote:

This is also what happens when the motos allow the other guys to stay closer to Kienle. if the motos cover him from way up front after he makes the pass with zoom rather than sit beside/behind him then they would never have a chance to be anywhere close in the first place.

Being a relatively crap swimmer means you put yourself in that situation in the first place.
Quote Reply
Re: 70.3 worlds men's race thread [Adman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So assuming Kanute didn't destroy his legs on the bike, he's a decent runner and that 3:30 min lead is pretty big over 13.1. He should be able to hold on to the lead for most of the run.
Last edited by: sp1ke: Sep 10, 17 7:15
Quote Reply
70.3 worlds men's race thread [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The coverage is pretty good, but it's crying out for a live leaderboard.

Not just for us but the commentators. They're not able to discuss the actual race much as they simply don't know what's going on.
Quote Reply

Prev Next