Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: 70.3 Worlds 2017, Chattanooga Information [sciguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I haven't done this course before and I'm not familiar with the area, so those that are please corret me if I'm wrong.

But by tracking the elevation profile along with the actual satellite imagery of the run course itself, it appears that the elevations drops/climbs shown just before mile 4, and at mile 6, 10, and 12 are associated with bridge crossings over the river. These elevation maps are generated using ground topography, not road elevation. So the elevation losses/gains at those points are likely coming down off the floodplain/bluff to the actual river water elevation, then back up the bluff. The actual road elevation is probably relatively consistent at these points connecting the higher elevations on either side of the river. So that makes the elevation gain for the run significantly less than it appears on the elevation profile (~300 ft less).
Quote Reply
Re: 70.3 Worlds 2017, Chattanooga Information [BGNole97] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
We are working on new elevation profiles now along with the course videos. I have about 10 garmin files for each and we will be working on the most accurate profiles we can. Stay tuned for those...

Brian
Quote Reply
Re: 70.3 Worlds 2017, Chattanooga Information [endurathonrd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Excellent! It's much appreciated.
Quote Reply
Re: 70.3 Worlds 2017, Chattanooga Information [tie3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Minor edit. I recommend some Chamois Butt'r to assist with the process.

tie3 wrote:
I would think so. You need to book through the official travel agent to get one of those hotels. And you need to bend over, grab your ankles, and book the "minimum" nights.
In Reply To:
Quote Reply
Re: 70.3 Worlds 2017, Chattanooga Information [Mooks] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
There has been some talk on a seperate thread about lack of coverage (aside from Kona) at Ironman branded / WTC events (specifically mentions 2017 Worlds). I'm guessing they are assuming based on history that there will be minimal coverage at Worlds this year. I guess probably a good assumption but was wondering if anyone had some inside scoop on what if any type coverage there will be?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Will there be qualification slots for 2018 70.3 WC's in South Africa at Chattanooga?

wovebike.com | Wove on instagram
Quote Reply
Re: 70.3 Worlds 2017, Chattanooga Information [milesthedog] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
milesthedog wrote:
Will there be qualification slots for 2018 70.3 WC's in South Africa at Chattanooga?

bump.

wovebike.com | Wove on instagram
Quote Reply
Re: 70.3 Worlds 2017, Chattanooga Information [milesthedog] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
milesthedog wrote:

I think you only get slots if you win your age group, but i could be wrong...

Brent

DFRU - Detta Family Racing Unit...the kids like it and we all get out and after it...gotta keep the fam involved!
Quote Reply
Re: 70.3 Worlds 2017, Chattanooga Information [endurathonrd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
https://www.strava.com/segments/1800666

is this the climb? looks tough if so.
Quote Reply
Re: 70.3 Worlds 2017, Chattanooga Information [DBF] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
From the course map, we ride the first 1.5 or so miles then carry on South rather than back up the rest of the climb in the Strava segment.

Will be a decent climb at about 7% for a fair distance...glad I am 63kilos!

"Only those who risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Elliot | Cycle2Tri.com
Sponsors: SciCon | | Every Man Jack
Quote Reply
Re: 70.3 Worlds 2017, Chattanooga Information [CPT Chaos] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ouch that climb looks brutal. But it does look like the rest of the course profile isn't that bad.

Maybe it will be worth knocking off a couple lbs...
Quote Reply
Re: 70.3 Worlds 2017, Chattanooga Information [noofus] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: 70.3 Worlds 2017, Chattanooga Information [JDelong] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ah, not quite as bad. disc probably still worth it. might only be 15 minutes or thereabouts.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
anyone think it will be wet-suit legal?

Chris

Follow me on Twitter @CK21TRHC
I use what I love: ISM, Blue70, Trek, FLO
Quote Reply
Re: 70.3 Worlds 2017, Chattanooga Information [ck21trhc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ck21trhc wrote:

Chris

No unless hell freezes over.

Genetics load the gun, lifestyle pulls the trigger.
Quote Reply
Re: 70.3 Worlds 2017, Chattanooga Information [ck21trhc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ck21trhc wrote:

Chris

Yeah, extremely unlikely. The full IM, at the end of September, has not been wetsuit legal ever.
Quote Reply
Re: 70.3 Worlds 2017, Chattanooga Information [eye3md] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Athlete Guide?
Quote Reply
Re: 70.3 Worlds 2017, Chattanooga Information [Y-Tri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Y-Tri wrote:
Athlete Guide?

Guessing we will need to wait until August for the guide. While I get that for most races the previous year's athlete guide can be helpful, this is a case where it is certainly not in any way useful.
Quote Reply
Re: 70.3 Worlds 2017, Chattanooga Information [noofus] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I just qualified at Eagleman and I'm trying to figure out flights - a later 'window' would make it much easier for not only myself but lots of folks flying in on that Friday.

Is there anyone considering flying into Atlanta? Looking at flights, it looks like I can save over $200 by flying into ATL, and then driving to Chattanooga. Jet Blue flies into ATL and their bike fees aren't bad.

Also, any chance of having the swim access open on Saturday afternoon after the women finish? If not, any local pools that are recommended?

Blog: http://262toboylstonstreet.blogspot.com/
https://twitter.com/NateThomasTri
Coaching: https://bybtricoaching.com/ - accepting athletes for 2023
Quote Reply
Re: 70.3 Worlds 2017, Chattanooga Information [natethomas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I looked at all the options and came to the conclusion that Atlanta is the best as I can fly nonstop on SW (and the round trip was less than $200!)

Seems all options either have connections or involve a long drive to Chat. Not the easiest place to get to for sure!

"Only those who risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Elliot | Cycle2Tri.com
Quote Reply
Re: 70.3 Worlds 2017, Chattanooga Information [wbattaile] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Has anyone needed to contact them with regards to registration issues? My last name was misspelled in the registration link email and Active won't allow me to register. Their system kicks me out because my USAT member name doesn't match the name they auto-populated. Active says they can't fix it. I sent an email to worldchampionship70.3@ironman.com about it last week but have yet to hear anything back. Does anyone know what the typical response time is?
Quote Reply
Re: 70.3 Worlds 2017, Chattanooga Information [natethomas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
natethomas wrote:
I just qualified at Eagleman and I'm trying to figure out flights - a later 'window' would make it much easier for not only myself but lots of folks flying in on that Friday.

Is there anyone considering flying into Atlanta? Looking at flights, it looks like I can save over $200 by flying into ATL, and then driving to Chattanooga. Jet Blue flies into ATL and their bike fees aren't bad.

Also, any chance of having the swim access open on Saturday afternoon after the women finish? If not, any local pools that are recommended?

Usually, flying into Atlanta is not a big deal but the traffic leaving Atl (heading north to Chattanooga) can be horrendous. Did you check flying into Nashville Or Knoxville? May be too expensive but figured its worth checking

As far as pools are concerned, there are two in downtown Chattanooga. One is at the local Y and the other is a 25 yd pool at a Gold's Gym. If you are staying at any of the hotels, in downtown Chattanooga, these are both very easy to walk to. Another option is to drive out to Chickamaugua (?spelling) Dam. There is a nice protected area you can swim. A lot of families go there on weekends to swim so it is safe
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
CPT Chaos wrote:
I looked at all the options and came to the conclusion that Atlanta is the best as I can fly nonstop on SW (and the round trip was less than $200!)

Seems all options either have connections or involve a long drive to Chat. Not the easiest place to get to for sure!

CPT Chaos, I know SW flies in/out of Nashville. Have you also checked there? It is not a bad drive to Chatt from Nashville
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The fact that SW doesn't fly to Chatt hurts our options for sure.

I decided to fly into Chatt (connect via ATL) and not rent a car (will just uber from the airport). It was barely anymore money for the extra flight from ATL to CHATT.

blog
Quote Reply
Re: 70.3 Worlds 2017, Chattanooga Information [eye3md] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes, but no direct flight so the trip was actually longer than the Atlanta one.

Quote Reply

Prev Next