Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: 70.3 Worlds 2017, Chattanooga Information [C W] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
C W wrote:
endurathonrd wrote:
No, one transition, same as I use for the other events. Still plan on swim starting and finishing at Ross's Landing, a lil ride up and over a mountain, then the run will take all the "fun" parts of the full and do it twice. Im shooting for 5000 feet of gain on the bike and around 1200 feet on the run. And it could be hot...

Hope to have the schedule pretty well worked out in the coming weeks as the World Champs crew gets together in Tampa and then in Chattanooga. I know there are a lot of questions about check in. Be patient, its coming!

Brian

Heck yea.

Lookout or Signal Mountain?

I highly doubt it will be Signal Mountain, but if anyone could pull it off it is Brian. My guess would be a combination of two mountains to get 5000 feet of gain. I'm guessing a Sand Mountain and Lookout Mountain climb. I’m not even going to guess on the run. That’s a lot of elevation gain for the immediate area.
Quote Reply
Re: 70.3 Worlds 2017, Chattanooga Information [Power13] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Power13 wrote:
natethomas wrote:
The Muskoka 70.3 course has nearly 5k of climbing and I raced a disc there, netting the 2nd fastest bike split in my AG. If I qualify for Chattanooga I plan on racing a disc.

Not that it is the height of reliability, but the Muskoka 70.3 site says 832m / 2700ft of climbing.

http://www.ironman.com/...0elevation%20map.pdf

I guess I was a bit off - just looked back and around 4,200 ft per my Garmin: https://connect.garmin.com/...n/activity/373223165

Blog: http://262toboylstonstreet.blogspot.com/
https://twitter.com/NateThomasTri
Coaching: https://bybtricoaching.com/ - accepting athletes for 2023
Quote Reply
Re: 70.3 Worlds 2017, Chattanooga Information [jbholcom] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
then the run will take all the "fun" parts of the full and do it twice.

Based on this you are almost certainly doing two loops through North Shore. My guess is the run will head immediately across the bridge and then loop around the Frasier/Riverview area which is beyond hilly. That loop section for the full is around 6 miles so would work out perfect for the 70.3.
Quote Reply
Re: 70.3 Worlds 2017, Chattanooga Information [endurathonrd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Evening Brian, I know it's hard to predict the future! However, what are the chances that it'll be a non-wetsuit swim in September??

It's only impossible if you stop to think about it.
Quote Reply
Re: 70.3 Worlds 2017, Chattanooga Information [Mooks] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Mooks wrote:
what are the chances that it'll be a non-wetsuit swim in September??

99.99% chance it will be NON wetsuit. The Full there at the end of September has historically been non wetsuit.

It's a Championship race, it should be non wetsuit.

Proud Member of Chris McDonald's 2018 Big Sexy Race Team "That which doesn't kill me, will only make me stronger"
Blog-Twitter-Instagram-Race Reports - 2018 Races: IM Florida 70.3, IM Raleigh 70.3, IM 70.3 World Championships - South Africa, IM North Carolina 70.3
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Brian, just wondering if you have any news regarding athlete check-in? Would like to get flights booked but need to know this info first.
Quote Reply
Re: 70.3 Worlds 2017, Chattanooga Information [luker08] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
We just landed in Chattanooga and have a few days of meetings and site visits so I hope to dial that schedule in a bit. Tentatively athlete check in will be Wed, Thur and Fri, but a lot of folks have to look at that schedule before its finalized!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Great. Thanks Brian. So hopefully have that all confirmed by next week then you're thinking?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Brian, any updates on scheduling for the weekend? Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: 70.3 Worlds 2017, Chattanooga Information [anthonypat] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
anthonypat wrote:

bumping this thread.

anyone else waiting for the event schedule to book flights? ....still waiting on our end

website/blog | Instagram
Quote Reply
Re: 70.3 Worlds 2017, Chattanooga Information [chanthony] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
chanthony wrote:
anthonypat wrote:

bumping this thread.

anyone else waiting for the event schedule to book flights? ....still waiting on our end

What specific event schedule item would require you to hold off on scheduling this trip? Women's race is Saturday and Men's race is Sunday.

What I do: http://app.strava.com/athletes/345699
Quote Reply
Re: 70.3 Worlds 2017, Chattanooga Information [Printer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The packet pickup dates for both men and women is holding me back. Girlfriend is racing Saturday so we are tentatively planning Thursday through Monday.

Any info helps

website/blog | Instagram
Quote Reply
Re: 70.3 Worlds 2017, Chattanooga Information [chanthony] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tenatively we have packet pickup hours as Wednesday afternoon through Friday morning, open to all. Men and Woman will have same amount of hours to check in, so women only on Wed morning and men only Friday afternoon. All awards on Monday mid day.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
endurathonrd wrote:
Tenatively we have packet pickup hours as Wednesday afternoon through Friday morning, open to all. Men and Woman will have same amount of hours to check in, so women only on Wed morning and men only Friday afternoon. All awards on Monday mid day.

Damn.... I bet not many women will be sticking around that long.

blog
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
endurathonrd wrote:

Thank you Brian!

Just keep pedaling!
Quote Reply
Re: 70.3 Worlds 2017, Chattanooga Information [stevej] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
stevej wrote:
endurathonrd wrote:

Probably only those that podium...that's a SHITTY time to do awards. Why not give them out later on Sunday?
Quote Reply
Re: 70.3 Worlds 2017, Chattanooga Information [d00d] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
d00d wrote:
stevej wrote:
endurathonrd wrote:

Probably only those that podium...that's a SHITTY time to do awards. Why not give them out later on Sunday?

Guarantee more revenue for the city

USAT Level II- Ironman U Certified Coach
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
endurathonrd wrote:

I can't believe your post is more than a half hour old and no one has asked you about course maps yet.

Sad!

Proud Member of Chris McDonald's 2018 Big Sexy Race Team "That which doesn't kill me, will only make me stronger"
Blog-Twitter-Instagram-Race Reports - 2018 Races: IM Florida 70.3, IM Raleigh 70.3, IM 70.3 World Championships - South Africa, IM North Carolina 70.3
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
endurathonrd wrote:

Mid-day, like.. "Expect to stay the night Monday, because you won't be able to make it to the airport in time to leave Monday"?

Trying to figure out flight, hotel, and work vacation days as soon as possible.

Alex Arman

Strava
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
When is bike check in going to be for age group men? After the racing on Saturday?

http://www.savagesentiments.blogspot.com/
http://www.tricoachmartin.com/
https://www.facebook.com/teameverymanjack
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
endurathonrd wrote:

So friday would be a day exclusively male packet pickup? The usual 9-5 pm hours? Trying to figure out travel in. Thanks.
Quote Reply
Re: 70.3 Worlds 2017, Chattanooga Information [anthonypat] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
All tentative! Could change. Published schedule should be up before Chatt 70.3 next month.

Women's bike/gear check in on Friday afternoon. Men's bike/gear check in during the women's race on Saturday afternoon. Separate transition for male, female, and pros.

Female only packet pickup Wednesday morning, male only packet pickup Friday afternoon. Wednesday afternoon, all day Thursday, and Friday morning, open to both male and female. Men and women will have the same number of hours to pick up packets.

Award banquet 11-1 on Monday.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thank you, much appteciated!

Very excited to see the brutal course in store.

Alex Arman

Strava
Quote Reply
Re: 70.3 Worlds 2017, Chattanooga Information [doublea334] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: 70.3 Worlds 2017, Chattanooga Information [stevej] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
First half of swim - up current .... ouch

Bike climb early on should split things up nicely.

Run course is going to be impossible to find rhythm.

Initial verdict... Proper World Championship course!

Alex Arman

Strava
Quote Reply

Prev Next