Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

70.3 WC 2016 Speculation
Quote | Reply
I know the 2015 location has just been announced, but I was wondering if anybody had any insight or inside info on the 2016 location? Fairly random guess, but I expect it to be an Asia-Pacific location, and with the majority of the races in that region being East coast Australia, I'll go out on a limb and say the WC will be at the Gold Coast. If anybody has reason to believe otherwise let's hear it!

Tim Russell, Pro Triathlete

Instagram- @timbikerun
Quote Reply
Re: 70.3 WC 2016 Speculation [Timbikerun] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I was told secondhand that Andrew Messick said they were shooting for that region in '16. Not quite corroboration, but helps support your notion at least:)

Quote | Reply
irontri wrote:
I was told secondhand that Andrew Messick said they were shooting for that region in '16. Not quite corroboration, but helps support your notion at least:)

I don't think that is some super secret information. In fact, IIRC, it is public knowledge that WTC is looking at Asia Pacific (Australia/New Zealand) for the 2016 70.3 WC. It only seems logical after so many years in the US, then Canada in 2014 and Europe in 2015............

Pink? Maybe. Maybe not. You decide.
Quote Reply
Re: 70.3 WC 2016 Speculation [Timbikerun] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Far more likely to be Sunshine Coast than Gold Coast. There is no established WTC race on the GC though there is the Sunshine Coast 70.3 which started last year and is on in September. The timing works well for a WC race given it's at the end of the US/European summer and 4 weeks out from Kona.
Quote Reply