Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

70.3 Lima, Peru!!
Quote | Reply
Finally...
An IM event in my country
Hope you guys can come to Lima

Really nice food, nice places to visit, awesome people, course is excellent (mostly flat, side by the beach).

Many activities to do...

And the best part, a good excuse to go after the race to beautiful places like Cuzco (where is Machu Picchu and many other cool places), go to the beaches in the north, go to the jungle, etc etc

Weather is nice, by that time of the yesr is around 22c...

http://m.ironman.com/triathlon/events/americas/ironman-70.3/peru.aspx#axzz4jtcwr6rf
Last edited by: xtianspuma: Sep 6, 16 6:27
Quote Reply
Re: 70.3 Lima, Peru!! [xtianspuma] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I would love to come.

But are there any non-IM (non-WTC) olympic or 70.3 events in Peru that you would recommend?

thanks,
Greg @ dsw

Advanced Aero TopTube Storage for Road, Gravel, & Tri...ZeroSlip & Direct-mount, made in the USA.
DarkSpeedWorks.com.....Reviews.....Insta.....Facebook

--
Quote Reply
Re: 70.3 Lima, Peru!! [DarkSpeedWorks] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
DarkSpeedWorks wrote:
I would love to come.

But are there any non-IM (non-WTC) olympic or 70.3 events in Peru that you would recommend?

thanks,
Greg @ dsw

No olympic, but we hace a 70.3 in Paracas, which is just 2 hours by car from Lima, is held on November 5th, usually around 250 participants....calm sea, difficult bike specially because of the wind and flat run. It has +10 years of history.

http://www.triatlonparacas.com

There you can fin more information, but is mostly in spanish
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Interested. Never been south of Barbados. Late April is good timing too.

Wife is in, just need to get one of my spanish-speaking buddies to join in!

2016:
IMFL #12
http://www.bestbikesplit.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Good excuse to go back to Lima and drink Pisco Sour.
Quote Reply
Re: 70.3 Lima, Peru!! [jztelemark] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
And the worlds best Ceviche!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
They need more triathlon in South America for sure this is great!!
Quote Reply
Re: 70.3 Lima, Peru!! [eggplantOG] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just let you know guys...any question Im here to help..

Will hace 30 guys from my team competing
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi there xtianspuma - I'm already considering this race for next season and looking for information. Do you know if there are bike shops in Lima who will rent a triathlon bike for the race? I would be fine with riding my own bike, but finding a transport service is nearly as expensive as booking another flight! Thanks.
Quote Reply
Re: 70.3 Lima, Peru!! [jlliska] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jlliska wrote:
Hi there xtianspuma - I'm already considering this race for next season and looking for information. Do you know if there are bike shops in Lima who will rent a triathlon bike for the race? I would be fine with riding my own bike, but finding a transport service is nearly as expensive as booking another flight! Thanks.

I'm looking into 2018 races. IM 70.3 Peru looks awesome! Getting two bikes down there does seem daunting from northern New England (my husband races too with me) My concern would be if we did an extended trip, what would we do with the bikes after the race? An expensive bike transport service might be the best option. Any opinions?

Anyone hike Machu Picchu after the race? That is a dream vacation for me but wondering if a half iron race plus a huge 4 day hike is really feasible. We are middle-aged :-)

It doesn't sound like Lima will be as hot as IM Cartagena 70.3. Please correct me if I'm wrong!

Death is easy....peaceful. Life is harder.
Last edited by: 70Trigirl: Apr 21, 17 13:37
Quote Reply
Re: 70.3 Lima, Peru!! [70Trigirl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
As a fit 50 year old triathlete I hiked Machu Picchu two years ago. I was in a group of 12 and there were frequent rests to allow the slower people to catch up. Physically I did not find it overly challenging. It is the altitude that makes it challenging.

For me personally I think that a 70.3, a day to rest and then Machu Picchu would be feasible. It will depend on how you cope with altitude.

Machu Picchu is fantastic, a must do trip. If you are going during the busy season you need to book months in advance.
Quote Reply
Re: 70.3 Lima, Peru!! [Ironnerd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ironnerd wrote:
As a fit 50 year old triathlete I hiked Machu Picchu two years ago. I was in a group of 12 and there were frequent rests to allow the slower people to catch up. Physically I did not find it overly challenging. It is the altitude that makes it challenging.

For me personally I think that a 70.3, a day to rest and then Machu Picchu would be feasible. It will depend on how you cope with altitude.

Machu Picchu is fantastic, a must do trip. If you are going during the busy season you need to book months in advance.

Thanks for the input! Good to know it's feasible after a 70.3. We have both done fine skiing at altitude so hopefully that will hold true for Machu Picchu.

Did you like the race course? How were the temps there?

Death is easy....peaceful. Life is harder.
Quote Reply
Re: 70.3 Lima, Peru!! [70Trigirl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sorry I should have been clearer. I did not do the 70.3 when I hiked Machu Picchu . I just feel that I could do a 70.3 and then the hike.
Quote Reply