Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

70.3 Bahrain 2016
Quote | Reply
One of the final races of the year this weekend! Any predictions? I believe Patrik Nilsson will have a great race and quite possibly win! Does anyone know if the pro-list on the IM website is up to date? Seems quite thin if that is the case.
Hope they don't cancel the swim again!

Terrible Tuesday’s Triathlon
Quote Reply
Re: 70.3 Bahrain 2016 [oscaro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Patrik will certainly have decent chances although I am voting for him for the IM distance for next year. Breakthrough by winning a more high profile would be on the cards.

Btw - will the race be broadcasted live?
Quote Reply
Re: 70.3 Bahrain 2016 [Financier] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Financier wrote:
Patrik will certainly have decent chances although I am voting for him for the IM distance for next year. Breakthrough by winning a more high profile would be on the cards.

Btw - will the race be broadcasted live?
Agree IM distance is definitely his best, think he will be a real contender in Kona as he has shown he handles heat well and can deliver sub-8 even on tough days.
Not sure where it broadcasts but will post here when i find out.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Check out the photos the Hoff posted today: https://www.strava.com/activities/796070598

that probably answers who will win.

wovebike.com | Wove on instagram
Quote Reply
Re: 70.3 Bahrain 2016 [milesthedog] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
A bit strange though that Frodo isn't listed as starting on Saturday? Neither is Ryf or many other from the 13...

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm assuming many of their seasons were finished after Kona, so this is simply part of their Bahrain 13 Endurance "duties". Shake hands with Skeikh Nasser, tell him to have a great race, go on pre-race ride with him and collect your pay cheque that is all but pocket change to him......NEXT!
Quote Reply
Re: 70.3 Bahrain 2016 [CgyTriGuy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah I thought as much, kind of sucks though. Would have thought that Ryf would at least try and defend her title.
Oh well I guess it will be even more exiting when Patrik actually goes toe-to-toe with the big guys in Kona.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: 70.3 Bahrain 2016 [Thomas Gerlach] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thomas Gerlach wrote:
milesthedog wrote:
Check out the photos the Hoff posted today: https://www.strava.com/activities/796070598

I don't get it. What does that activity have to do with who will win?
"Frodissimo"
Quote Reply
Re: 70.3 Bahrain 2016 [mstange22] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mstange22 wrote:
Thomas Gerlach wrote:
milesthedog wrote:

I don't get it. What does that activity have to do with who will win?

"Frodissimo"

Frodo is on a road bike in that picture and is not even on the start list.

Save: $50 on Speed Hound Recovery Boots | $20 on Air Relax| $100 on Normatec| 15% on Most Absorbable Magnesium

Blogs: Best CHEAP Zwift / Bike Trainer Desk | Theragun G3 vs $140 Bivi Percussive Massager | Normatec Pulse 2.0 vs Normatec Pulse | Speed Hound vs Normatec | Air Relax vs Normatec | Q1 2018 Blood Test Results | | Why HED JET+ Is The BEST value wheelset
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Do you think they're just in Bahrain for sponsorship requisites? If they are there to race and just not on the start list (it's not indicative of who's racing by what appears to be an incomplete start list and by Frodo warming up on a road bike), I think it's fair to say that Frodo or Gomez, especially Gomez, are strong contenders. Seeing Frodo and Gomez in Bahrain doing a warm up ride with the Hoff is exciting for us lay people.

wovebike.com | Wove on instagram
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
milesthedog wrote:
Do you think they're just in Bahrain for sponsorship requisites? If they are there to race and just not on the start list (it's not indicative of who's racing by what appears to be an incomplete start list and by Frodo warming up on a road bike), I think it's fair to say that Frodo or Gomez, especially Gomez, are strong contenders. Seeing Frodo and Gomez in Bahrain doing a warm up ride with the Hoff is exciting for us lay people.

Which is why I brought it up. There is no indication that either athlete is on the start list. Given that registration is closed for pros they can't just sign up. They can't win if they can't compete.

http://www.ironman.com/...%20for%20website.pdf

Save: $50 on Speed Hound Recovery Boots | $20 on Air Relax| $100 on Normatec| 15% on Most Absorbable Magnesium

Blogs: Best CHEAP Zwift / Bike Trainer Desk | Theragun G3 vs $140 Bivi Percussive Massager | Normatec Pulse 2.0 vs Normatec Pulse | Speed Hound vs Normatec | Air Relax vs Normatec | Q1 2018 Blood Test Results | | Why HED JET+ Is The BEST value wheelset
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Even without a proper "build", I have no doubt she could still race this weekend and take the win given how weak the field is she'd clean house no problem. Jodie Cunnama (Imagine how excited SHE is to have a new last name!) is already crying on Twitter that she's sick, so I'm guessing she's out of the mix....or worried about getting blown over by a helicopter.....or maybe that whole "I just got married thing" hit her hard.

So that leaves is with what, Caroline Steffen? No Sara Gross either, who ever is going to waive the 5Q flags down there?

...and I'm out.
Quote Reply
Re: 70.3 Bahrain 2016 [CgyTriGuy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
CgyTriGuy wrote:
Even without a proper "build", I have no doubt she could still race this weekend and take the win given how weak the field is she'd clean house no problem. Jodie Cunnama (Imagine how excited SHE is to have a new last name!) is already crying on Twitter that she's sick, so I'm guessing she's out of the mix....or worried about getting blown over by a helicopter.....or maybe that whole "I just got married thing" hit her hard.

So that leaves is with what, Caroline Steffen? No Sara Gross either, who ever is going to waive the 5Q flags down there?

...and I'm out.

Kirsty Jahn is insanely talented . She is just coming back from getting hit by car though and having some very serious injuries.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
oscaro wrote:
A bit strange though that Frodo isn't listed as starting on Saturday? Neither is Ryf or many other from the 13...
Ryf (swim), Frodo (bike) and Gomez (run) are registered as a relay team.

Sylvan Smyth | http://www.sportstats.asia | sylvan@sportstats.asia | Starvas
Last edited by: sylvan: Dec 7, 16 15:39
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
......and she's hot, and she's Canadian, AND SHE WON THE KONA BEER MILE LAST YEAR! Ok, she's my #WCW
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Cool! Two Okies representing in the ladies race! Amanda & Jessica. Both with podium potential. That's men's field is stacked!

CC
Quote Reply