Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

70.3 Augusta Sold Out
Quote | Reply
I guess it won't be long until we have to sit on our computers hitting F5 if we want to sign up for this race. I have to think the early package deal with IMFL was the reason this race filled up sooner than last year.
Quote Reply
Re: 70.3 Augusta Sold Out [Fenster] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
it was open for 6 months. that was not a fast sellout.
Quote Reply
Re: 70.3 Augusta Sold Out [winchester] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
winchester wrote:

x2.

Pink? Maybe. Maybe not. You decide.
Quote Reply
Re: 70.3 Augusta Sold Out [winchester] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
winchester wrote:

Faster than normal. This race is typically still open in July and early August.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
and it probably has the largest cap of any 70.3. Incredible that all the local half distance races can't attract more than 300 people, but Augusta and Raleigh sell out at 2500+.
Quote Reply
Re: 70.3 Augusta Sold Out [deh20] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What is even more amazing is that IMChatt is the same day and it still sold out.

Recipe for a fast sell out: M dot and 1.2 mile swim that you can float to the finish in 30 mins.....
Quote Reply
Re: 70.3 Augusta Sold Out [bwain] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That swim is like being on a conveyor belt. It was a nice race, but I just don't see the draw to finding a race that's as easy as possible.
Quote Reply
Re: 70.3 Augusta Sold Out [31CapeHorn] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Foundation slots also sold out
Quote Reply
Re: 70.3 Augusta Sold Out [31CapeHorn] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
31CapeHorn wrote:
That swim is like being on a conveyor belt. It was a nice race, but I just don't see the draw to finding a race that's as easy as possible.

Didn't realize how fast this swim was until I looked up some results. That's insane!
Quote Reply
Re: 70.3 Augusta Sold Out [apbadger] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
And that is the reason why the race sells out with around 3,400 slots. It is the largest 70.3 of all.

Pink? Maybe. Maybe not. You decide.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've done the race before. Easy swim, yes, but I believe the "faster" sellout despite the IMChatt ... is the package deal with IMFL. Its the sole reason Im signed up. I didnt get in Chatt so it was IMFL opportunity without the lines or computer campout lol
Quote Reply
Re: 70.3 Augusta Sold Out [Michael Jones] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think the milder weather the last 2 years contributes to the earlier sellouts. People start looking for a race, see fast times and relatively good weather and go with it. I suspect a couple of years of hot temps would keep the race open longer. With that said it is a very popular race for folks in the Southeast and Gulf Coast. You hit alot of high population areas if you draw a circle with a with a radius of 6-7 hour drive to Augusta. Plus, the timing is good for those looking for a HIM as prep for IMFL.

I have not done it but know alot of people that have and all have good things to say about the race.

Randy
http://www.gulfcoasttriteam.com
Quote Reply