Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

6'1.5 friend looking to get on a P2 - 58 or 56...
Quote | Reply
I am shorter so I have no idea. He is 6'1.5 with a 32 inch inseam. I was thinking 58 for him but could possibly see a 56 working. Of course he has to get fitted but I just want to push him in the right direction. Is he squarely in a 58 or is it possible a 56 could fit him….Thnkas.
Quote Reply
Re: 6'1.5 friend looking to get on a P2 - 58 or 56... [rinconryder] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Guessing a 58. I'm 6' 2" and ride a p2 58. Plenty of room for saddle to move down for me if needed. Obviously get fitted but I would think 58 would probably be the starting point
Quote Reply
Re: 6'1.5 friend looking to get on a P2 - 58 or 56... [rinconryder] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
i'm 6-1 with long arms and had to ride the 56 because I could not get the bars low enough on the 58. I had to beat the seat all the way back on the rails to make it uci legal but overall it was a nice bike for me
Quote Reply
Re: 6'1.5 friend looking to get on a P2 - 58 or 56... [jroden] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
i'm 6'1.5", just got a 2014 p2 56cm, fits great, i did have to get a slightly longer stem though
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
6'1" and I ride a 56. 33 inch inseam though.

Sounds like he is longer in the torso so maybe a 58 would fit. I'd guess he would be fine on a 56 but could make the 58 work. If I had to bet, I would swing to the 56.

What size road bike does he ride? I would go down a size if you know that.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm 6, 1 and ride a new p3 size 56, my fit said old p3 would have been size 58.
Quote Reply
Re: 6'1.5 friend looking to get on a P2 - 58 or 56... [jroden] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jroden wrote:
i'm 6-1 with long arms and had to ride the 56 because I could not get the bars low enough on the 58. I had to beat the seat all the way back on the rails to make it uci legal but overall it was a nice bike for me

Thank the new and (un)improved higher stack geometry for that. I'm 5'10" and ride the Classic P3 in a 56, to give me the reach I wanted for my seat tube angle, without too much of a stack penalty. I have -17 stem slammed onto the headset and very low stack bars to achieve this. I'd be scuppered on the new frame.

Funny how much of a difference these geometry changes have made.

My thought whenever I see a thread like this is - what seat tube angle do they like to ride? Because that makes a helluva difference to reach, you can frame up or down a size based on this alone I reckon, for a similar front end.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have a friend that is taller than that and he is on a 54, with aduros on it no less. I am 5-9 and on a 48, as is another 5-9 fellow I know and another considering it. so, he should probably wait until fitted and is happy with that fit before deciding which size to get, after weighing the options he might want to implement in future(more or less drop and more or less reach)

I seriously doubt his actual inseam is 32 at that height. folks quote inseam length all the time incorrectly. it is not your high water pants length
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm 6'1", and ride a 56. As someone else said, you can probably make the reach work on either, but the stock bars on their lowest setting are barely low enough for me on the 56, and that problem would be worse on the 58 b/c it's a taller bike.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks everyone for the replies and rinconryder for getting the post out.

After being fit on both the 56 and the 58 the 58 won out. Fits very comfortable and the stack and reach are both good. I probably could have went with either but in the end the 58 just worked for my geometry and needs. The Retul fitting has me totally dialed in and it feels great.
Quote Reply