Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

58 Felt DA - bike box?
Quote | Reply
Hi there

I'm very nervous of taking off the rear derailleur or going much further than taking off wheels, pedals, and handlebars/cockpit. Can anyone recommend a decent bike box/bag that might give my pride and joy a fighting chance? I've been looking at the Evoc bike bag (I note a new version is due out imminently) and a BikeBoxAlan but suspect in both cases my big old bike might be a tight fit. Anyone able to share their experiences?
Quote Reply
Re: 58 Felt DA - bike box? [rubberbullet] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've got a Felt DA2. I use this box:

http://www.trisports.com/triall3sporu.html

I've travelled with my bike all over the U.S. and never had a problem. I basically have to remove the wheels and handlebars and I'm good to go. I've never had to remove anything else. The only real disadvantages are the box weighs around 30 pounds, so with you bike you're almost certainly to exceed the 50 lb. max before charges kick in with the airlines. The other issue is the box is large so you have to have a larger rental car to accommodate the box...like an SUV or a minivan.

Other than that it works great. The wheels get you through airports no problem and the sturdy box stands up to the airline gorillas.

Good luck.
Quote Reply