Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

520 Battery Alert for SRM
Quote | Reply
I got an alert the other day on my 520 telling me my power meter battery level was low on my SRM. My initial reaction was it was BS as my SRM is less than a year old and didn't get much use this year. It's a DA9000 SRM which they say is good for 3000 hours. I didn't think Garmin was able to read battery level from an SRM. Am I wrong in thinking this?

blog
Quote Reply
Re: 520 Battery Alert for SRM [stevej] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm pretty sure my Garmin 800 and 1000 do not report the battery levels on my SRMs. I could be poorly informed/mistaken on that or the 520 could be different.

Do you have or know someone with a PCVI or PC7? Those will capture battery level from the PM and display it in the SRM software in the dialogue box that appears after your download a ride.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
would love to hear replies on this too?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Latest version of srms firmware do transmit battery data, go to sensor details page and if yours is compatible it will show battery status and it is saved to the fit file and voltage is displayed in fitfilerepair tool
Last edited by: neilridley: Dec 30, 15 13:22
Quote Reply
Re: 520 Battery Alert for SRM [neilridley] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I saw that on the 520.... my battery status says NEW. I opened up the fit file in the fit file repair tool but I can't find the voltage reading anywhere in Access. Where can I find it? What's the voltage range supposed to be?

Edit: found it. It only reported the battery voltage 4 times and all are showing 3.51.

blog
Last edited by: stevej: Dec 31, 15 10:10
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Does anyone know what the different battery indication levels that the Garmin will display? For example, what battery level is below "New". What will the indication be that its time to send the SRM for service to have the battery replaced?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Slightly different but related.

My 510 gave me a low battery warning on my Power2max.I didn't know that was a feature and had to look online and here to confirm this was the case.

Once confirmed I ordered some batteries and waited for the battery to die. The message would pop up more often as I kept riding. It took about 10 hours for the battery to finally stop.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have a 3 year old SRM and 520. No information available from my SRM to 520.

Looking for a place to swim? check out http://swimradar.com
Mountain Bike and Adventure Guiding - http://fivestaradventure.com
Quote Reply
Re: 520 Battery Alert for SRM [shannond] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I had alzo gotten low battery alerts for my DA9000 SRM prchased in January of 2014 but did not see any of the extended sensor details on my Garmin Edge 520. Called SRM and was informed they had updated the firmware following the release of the Garmin Edge 520. Got my SRM back in mid December and it now reports the additional sensor data. Sure would be nice if SRM would release a utility and firmware updateso that we could install ourselves.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Last edited by: ms6073: Jan 3, 16 6:36
Quote Reply
Re: 520 Battery Alert for SRM [ms6073] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Do you know what the firmware level is? Can you dig into the details of your SRM on the 520 to check what it says? I bought my DA9000 in September of 2014. After some water damage, I had to send mine in late December early January 2015 to get repaired. The 520 didn't come out until July. So I'm curious if there is a newer firmware version than mine.

blog
Quote Reply
Re: 520 Battery Alert for SRM [shannond] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
shannond wrote:
I have a 3 year old SRM and 520. No information available from my SRM to 520.

SRM actually disabled the power reporting function on some units, and mine can't even send info to a PC-7

I get battery alerts for my SRM on my Edge 500 and have basically been ignoring them
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just sent my second DA9000 SRM for a battery replacement after 1 year of use and nowhere near 3k hours. The first was replaced without any question. Still waiting to get the second one back. FWIW both were purchased through Trek via Project One. I'm not sure if there's any correlation.

Regardless, I wasn't I aware of that battery feature on any Garmin head unit, but it sure would be handy! I never received a low battery alert on my 1000.

Toro Performance
Quote Reply
Re: 520 Battery Alert for SRM [jlentzke] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It depends on srm firmware, wether US service center can do it i dont know
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
stevej wrote:
Can you dig into the details of your SRM on the 520 to check what it says?
Garmin 520 sensor details indicates 2.003 and was updated by SRM's US Service Center in Colorado Springs.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Quote Reply
Re: 520 Battery Alert for SRM [ms6073] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
bringing this one back, has anyone seen battery life on a 820 garmin?

Follow me on Twitter @CK21TRHC
I use what I love: ISM, Blue70, Trek, FLO
Quote Reply