Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

50 Y/O/ Last Tri Bike recoomendations/Fit Question
Quote | Reply
Hi all, 50 Year Old MOP'er here contemplating buying one last Tri Bike that will hopefully serve me well until I hang up IM's for good. Been doing IM since 2008 and recently completed my 9th (IMMT) and will be doing Chattanooga soon as my 10th. Started out on a 56 Felt S32 for a few years and then upgraded to a 56 2011 Cervelo P3 when they had that good for the consumer bad for the bike shop 1000$ off deal. Been pretty happy with it but have my eyes on a 2017/18 QR PRSix. I figure maybe 3-6 years of IM's left in me still as I still love the training and lifestyle. Maybe longer if I'm lucky. My question to you is that at about 5500$ that it will cost for a PRSIX Ultegra DI2 without race wheels, is there any other bikes in that price range that are comparable?? Secondly as someone who is pretty comfortable and fit on a 56 in both Felt and Cervelo probably going to be fit to a 54 on a QR?? I'm 5'11 average legs and torso.Average aggressiveness fit. Sorry do not have fit numbers as its been a while since I've had a full fit. There are no QR dealers within a 3 hour drive near me(SW Burbs of Chicago) and may be making this purchase on line thru one of ST's common posters. Thanks in advance for all your insight and suggestions.

Steve
Quote Reply
Re: 50 Y/O/ Last Tri Bike recoomendations/Fit Question [steve1128] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Premier Tactical? $5,500 with race wheels, uppity chain, and travel case.
Quote Reply
Re: 50 Y/O/ Last Tri Bike recoomendations/Fit Question [steve1128] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
x2 on the Premier....Big Time! You even get the case, race wheels and money towards a fit. What's not to like?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Wait for interbike and see if the disc brake triathlon bikes come out

Dave Campbell | Facebook | @DaveECampbell | h2ofun@h2ofun.net

Boom Nutrition code 19F4Y3 $5 off 24 pack box | Bionic Runner | PowerCranks | Velotron | Spruzzamist

Lions don't lose sleep worrying about the sheep
Quote Reply
Re: 50 Y/O/ Last Tri Bike recoomendations/Fit Question [h2ofun] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
h2ofun wrote:
Wait for interbike and see if the disc brake triathlon bikes come out
Why?
Quote Reply
Re: 50 Y/O/ Last Tri Bike recoomendations/Fit Question [exxxviii] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks guys, Checked out the premier....pretty cool and looks like good bang for the buck. Still leaning towards the PRSIX but doing lots of research.
Quote Reply