Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

3T zefiro and use for long distance: any users here?
Quote | Reply
The story: I am pretty much done trying to turn my SLC into a TT bike using the flippable post+HED clip lite/Cobb wrist relief combo. After several tries I am now convinced that I can personally not do it, just not enough clearance up front. At this point I would gladly get myself a serving of tri bike but I would rather delay this purchase by several years. So my last attempt will be to stick a 3T Zefiro in there using a regular seat angle (no more flippation of the seat post for me, BTW is anybody interested in buying/trading it, I might be a seller soon). At least even if that doesnt work I'll have a pretty, overpriced handlebar.

Now I think this set up would work for shorter distance tris. My concern is, would it work for Ironman distances. I am mostly concerned about the pads on the bars, it's hard to imagine staying on theses for extended periods of time. Granted, I am looking at hilly courses, so I'll have some relief, but still.

So does anybody has any feedback to provide about that? Any experience with these bars is greatly appreciated.
Last edited by: Baboonator: Oct 14, 10 14:37
Quote Reply
Re: 3T zefiro and use for long distance: any users here? [Baboonator] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The Zefiros are excellent base bars.
It is a great all around tri bike with the drop bar/aero bar option.
I relocated the mounts on top instead of below, switched the PI wing to straight extensions.
Used Profile clamps & pads.
Very easy to switch back to the PI Wing extensions since no cables involved.
The ergonomics of the base bar are very good, at least for my hands. Flat portion & drop.
Its shaped well to integrate with Dura sti's, no valleys that create wrist discomfort..
Worked very well & had the space to grab the base bar near the stem (below the pads) for long seated climbs.

The Profile Cobra drop base bar is another alternative.

Last edited by: campled: Oct 14, 10 16:27
Quote Reply
Re: 3T zefiro and use for long distance: any users here? [campled] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That's a sweet setup, similar to mine actually (OK, I dont have a S3!) but that's exactly what I want to get away from.

I have the HED cliplite and the flippable post too, but that setup does not give me enough clearance, I am all crouched up, I always tend to ride to the very tip of my saddle and my knees touch the front end. So I want to leave the seat angle as a road angle and put my arms on the top of the handlebar. Introduce the Zefiro with the silicone/whatever-that-is-made-of pads for my foerarms. Did you ever try to ride aero with your forearms on these pads? How did you like it?
Quote Reply
Re: 3T zefiro and use for long distance: any users here? [campled] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Campled, I have been looking at doing exactly this with my Zefiro bars and some Profile clamps and pads. I was a nervous though because I wasn't sure if the Zefiro clamps and bolt were designed to handle it, because with the PI Wing there is never any twisting force, but with the alternative set up there is all the leverage from the elbows on the pads.

So I was just curious to know how you had got on with it.

I'm building mine on a Cervelo P3 SL that I just picked up off Ebay. Would be great with electronic shifting too so you can shift from the both positions. Also with a second seat post clamp and saddle, you can go from road to TT in a couple of minutes.
Last edited by: SuperTed: Aug 31, 15 8:59
Quote Reply
Re: 3T zefiro and use for long distance: any users here? [SuperTed] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SuperTed it worked well.
Very secure & Zefiro aluminum clamps can take it.
Quote Reply