Quantcast
    MAIN INDEX RULES & LEGEND LOG IN  

Slowtwitch Forums: Triathlon Forum:
3T Wide Aero Clamp for 3T Aura Aero Bars

 

   


Ffejeroo

Oct 22, 12 14:07

Post #1 of 13 (1924 views)
3T Wide Aero Clamp for 3T Aura Aero Bars Quote | Reply

I'm in Toronto. I just got a P5 three with the Aura aero bar set-up. I find that it is too narrow for me. I looked on 3T's site and I've discovered that they have a "Wide Aero Clamp".

(See http://www.3tcycling.com/accessories/wide-aero-clamp and see http://www.echelonsports.com.au/shop/product.php?productid=17131&cat=327&page=1 for a diagram).

I've tried a few Cervelo/3T LBSs but they don't seem to be able to get them for me. The vast internet doesn't seem to point me to any either. I tried to email VINA (3T's North American distrubtor) but the e-mail leads to a broken link. Anyone got any suggestions as to how I can get these?

Thanks in advance.

Jeff


ericM40-44

Oct 22, 12 14:13

Post #2 of 13 (1917 views)
Re: 3T Wide Aero Clamp for 3T Aura Aero Bars [Ffejeroo] [In reply to] Quote | Reply

I have them, think I ordered them straight from 3T.

Zipp Vuka Wing extenders will work too, although you introduce an additional failure point and there is a thread on ST about a guy snapping one of his during a race.

hope this helps.


MattAune

Oct 22, 12 14:42

Post #3 of 13 (1900 views)
Re: 3T Wide Aero Clamp for 3T Aura Aero Bars [Ffejeroo] [In reply to] Quote | Reply

As Eric said, the Zipp wing extensions work great with 3T bars. I run them on my Brezza.

Significantly cheaper too. http://www.trisports.com/...-wing-extension.html


7summits

Oct 22, 12 14:57

Post #4 of 13 (1891 views)
Re: 3T Wide Aero Clamp for 3T Aura Aero Bars [Ffejeroo] [In reply to] Quote | Reply

Ffejeroo wrote:
I'm in Toronto. I just got a P5 three with the Aura aero bar set-up. I find that it is too narrow for me. I looked on 3T's site and I've discovered that they have a "Wide Aero Clamp".

(See http://www.3tcycling.com/accessories/wide-aero-clamp and see http://www.echelonsports.com.au/shop/product.php?productid=17131&cat=327&page=1 for a diagram).

I've tried a few Cervelo/3T LBSs but they don't seem to be able to get them for me. The vast internet doesn't seem to point me to any either. I tried to email VINA (3T's North American distrubtor) but the e-mail leads to a broken link. Anyone got any suggestions as to how I can get these?

Thanks in advance.

Jeff

Zipp Vuka Wings work, but mine did break on my Brezzas along with 3 other friends of mine running the same set up at various times over the Summer.

Use the 3T Wide Aero Clamps. Buy them direct from 3T.


Ffejeroo

Oct 22, 12 15:39

Post #5 of 13 (1869 views)
Re: 3T Wide Aero Clamp for 3T Aura Aero Bars [7summits] [In reply to] Quote | Reply

Thanks. Are you in the US? I had some difficulty with their web page because I am in Canada.


7summits

Oct 22, 12 15:41

Post #6 of 13 (1865 views)
Re: 3T Wide Aero Clamp for 3T Aura Aero Bars [Ffejeroo] [In reply to] Quote | Reply

Ffejeroo wrote:
Thanks. Are you in the US? I had some difficulty with their web page because I am in Canada.

Yes, I am in the US.


Ffejeroo

Oct 23, 12 8:14

Post #7 of 13 (1816 views)
Re: 3T Wide Aero Clamp for 3T Aura Aero Bars [7summits] [In reply to] Quote | Reply

Thanks for all your input. I managed to place the order with 3T ... hopefully it'll arrive soon.


Taugen

Oct 23, 12 9:55

Post #8 of 13 (1791 views)
Re: 3T Wide Aero Clamp for 3T Aura Aero Bars [Ffejeroo] [In reply to] Quote | Reply

I have always had the best customer service with VINA when I have ordered replacement parts for my 3T Ventus bars.

Contact Luke Short, at: l.short@usa.vittoria.com

He is a great guy to help get parts.


__________________________________________________
2014 Team Zoot Texas Captain
Sponsors: Zoot Sports, Ceepo, Garmin, Smith Optics, FuelBelt, Bonk Breaker, Lake Cycling, TriggerPoint, Speedfil, Tri On The Run


siberian

Oct 23, 12 12:50

Post #9 of 13 (1769 views)
Re: 3T Wide Aero Clamp for 3T Aura Aero Bars [Taugen] [In reply to] Quote | Reply

I'm running the same setup... 3T Aura with Zipp Vuka wing extenstions. So far so good. If I get the 3T wing extensions, what's so different about the design that would prevent the cracking from happening?


7summits

Oct 23, 12 13:37

Post #10 of 13 (1751 views)
Re: 3T Wide Aero Clamp for 3T Aura Aero Bars [siberian] [In reply to] Quote | Reply

siberian wrote:
I'm running the same setup... 3T Aura with Zipp Vuka wing extenstions. So far so good. If I get the 3T wing extensions, what's so different about the design that would prevent the cracking from happening?

The 3T Wide Aero Clamps are a 1 piece design and are much thicker. As you know with the Zipp Vuka Wing Extensions, you have to bolt the extensions to 3T clamp.

I am telling you from experience do not risk it. I have seen this setup break in the same exact spot with multiple people.


fastwiley

Oct 23, 12 14:23

Post #11 of 13 (1734 views)
Re: 3T Wide Aero Clamp for 3T Aura Aero Bars [ericM35-39] [In reply to] Quote | Reply

Happend to me as well-- but during a training ride. Trying to keep up with my buddy for 40 miles in the uprights sucked. Lucky for me the snapped bolts backed out without any issue.


(This post was edited by fastwiley on Oct 23, 12 14:30)


Ffejeroo

Oct 26, 12 17:52

Post #12 of 13 (1665 views)
Re: 3T Wide Aero Clamp for 3T Aura Aero Bars [fastwiley] [In reply to] Quote | Reply

Thanks to all who replied. I acquired the wide aero clamp from 3T's web site directly - it arrived within two business days. Great service by 3T.


Claudio

Nov 9, 12 10:29

Post #13 of 13 (1562 views)
Re: 3T Wide Aero Clamp for 3T Aura Aero Bars [Ffejeroo] [In reply to] Quote | Reply

  
and shipping costs have been canceled for orders of usd100 or more from 3T cycling web site, check yourself!

   
 
 
 



USAT membership
If you're a USAT annual member, do you usually benefit financially in race registrations, versus buying just 1-day memberships? (meaning you enter on average at least 4 USAT races per year.)
Yes
No
Not USAT annual member
Not U.S. athlete