Quantcast
    MAIN INDEX RULES & LEGEND LOG IN  

Slowtwitch Forums: Triathlon Forum:
3T Wide Aero Clamp for 3T Aura Aero Bars

Ffejeroo

Oct 22, 12 14:07

Post #1 of 13 (2356 views)
3T Wide Aero Clamp for 3T Aura Aero Bars Quote | Reply

I'm in Toronto. I just got a P5 three with the Aura aero bar set-up. I find that it is too narrow for me. I looked on 3T's site and I've discovered that they have a "Wide Aero Clamp".

(See http://www.3tcycling.com/accessories/wide-aero-clamp and see http://www.echelonsports.com.au/shop/product.php?productid=17131&cat=327&page=1 for a diagram).

I've tried a few Cervelo/3T LBSs but they don't seem to be able to get them for me. The vast internet doesn't seem to point me to any either. I tried to email VINA (3T's North American distrubtor) but the e-mail leads to a broken link. Anyone got any suggestions as to how I can get these?

Thanks in advance.

Jeff

ericM40-44

Oct 22, 12 14:13

Post #2 of 13 (2349 views)
Re: 3T Wide Aero Clamp for 3T Aura Aero Bars [Ffejeroo] [In reply to] Quote | Reply

I have them, think I ordered them straight from 3T.

Zipp Vuka Wing extenders will work too, although you introduce an additional failure point and there is a thread on ST about a guy snapping one of his during a race.

hope this helps.

MattAune

Oct 22, 12 14:42

Post #3 of 13 (2332 views)
Re: 3T Wide Aero Clamp for 3T Aura Aero Bars [Ffejeroo] [In reply to] Quote | Reply

As Eric said, the Zipp wing extensions work great with 3T bars. I run them on my Brezza.

Significantly cheaper too. http://www.trisports.com/...-wing-extension.html

7summits

Oct 22, 12 14:57

Post #4 of 13 (2323 views)

Ffejeroo wrote:
I'm in Toronto. I just got a P5 three with the Aura aero bar set-up. I find that it is too narrow for me. I looked on 3T's site and I've discovered that they have a "Wide Aero Clamp".

(See http://www.3tcycling.com/accessories/wide-aero-clamp and see http://www.echelonsports.com.au/shop/product.php?productid=17131&cat=327&page=1 for a diagram).

I've tried a few Cervelo/3T LBSs but they don't seem to be able to get them for me. The vast internet doesn't seem to point me to any either. I tried to email VINA (3T's North American distrubtor) but the e-mail leads to a broken link. Anyone got any suggestions as to how I can get these?

Thanks in advance.

Jeff

Zipp Vuka Wings work, but mine did break on my Brezzas along with 3 other friends of mine running the same set up at various times over the Summer.

Use the 3T Wide Aero Clamps. Buy them direct from 3T.

Ffejeroo

Oct 22, 12 15:39

Post #5 of 13 (2301 views)
Re: 3T Wide Aero Clamp for 3T Aura Aero Bars [7summits] [In reply to] Quote | Reply

Thanks. Are you in the US? I had some difficulty with their web page because I am in Canada.

7summits

Oct 22, 12 15:41

Post #6 of 13 (2297 views)

Ffejeroo wrote:
Thanks. Are you in the US? I had some difficulty with their web page because I am in Canada.

Yes, I am in the US.

Ffejeroo

Oct 23, 12 8:14

Post #7 of 13 (2248 views)
Re: 3T Wide Aero Clamp for 3T Aura Aero Bars [7summits] [In reply to] Quote | Reply

Thanks for all your input. I managed to place the order with 3T ... hopefully it'll arrive soon.

Taugen

Oct 23, 12 9:55

Post #8 of 13 (2223 views)

I have always had the best customer service with VINA when I have ordered replacement parts for my 3T Ventus bars.

Contact Luke Short, at: l.short@usa.vittoria.com

He is a great guy to help get parts.

siberian

Oct 23, 12 12:50

Post #9 of 13 (2201 views)
Re: 3T Wide Aero Clamp for 3T Aura Aero Bars [Taugen] [In reply to] Quote | Reply

I'm running the same setup... 3T Aura with Zipp Vuka wing extenstions. So far so good. If I get the 3T wing extensions, what's so different about the design that would prevent the cracking from happening?

7summits

Oct 23, 12 13:37

Post #10 of 13 (2183 views)
Re: 3T Wide Aero Clamp for 3T Aura Aero Bars [siberian] [In reply to] Quote | Reply

siberian wrote:
I'm running the same setup... 3T Aura with Zipp Vuka wing extenstions. So far so good. If I get the 3T wing extensions, what's so different about the design that would prevent the cracking from happening?

The 3T Wide Aero Clamps are a 1 piece design and are much thicker. As you know with the Zipp Vuka Wing Extensions, you have to bolt the extensions to 3T clamp.

I am telling you from experience do not risk it. I have seen this setup break in the same exact spot with multiple people.

fastwiley

Oct 23, 12 14:23

Post #11 of 13 (2166 views)
Re: 3T Wide Aero Clamp for 3T Aura Aero Bars [ericM35-39] [In reply to] Quote | Reply

Happend to me as well-- but during a training ride. Trying to keep up with my buddy for 40 miles in the uprights sucked. Lucky for me the snapped bolts backed out without any issue.

(This post was edited by fastwiley on Oct 23, 12 14:30)

Ffejeroo

Oct 26, 12 17:52

Post #12 of 13 (2097 views)
Re: 3T Wide Aero Clamp for 3T Aura Aero Bars [fastwiley] [In reply to] Quote | Reply

Thanks to all who replied. I acquired the wide aero clamp from 3T's web site directly - it arrived within two business days. Great service by 3T.

Claudio

Nov 9, 12 10:29

Post #13 of 13 (1994 views)

and shipping costs have been canceled for orders of usd100 or more from 3T cycling web site, check yourself!

Current-aided swims
Do swims aided by a current, such as the NYC Tri and the past weekend's IM Chattanooga, diminish the achievement? Or are they just a local geographic expression of multisport?
Diminish the achievement
Just the local geography