Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

3T Ventus vs Ventus II
Quote | Reply
Couldn't find too much information, so thought I'd ask here. Is there much of a difference between the 3T Ventus and Ventus II?
Quote Reply
Re: 3T Ventus vs Ventus II [gohmdoree] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
From old thread...
Couple things

First, old ventus had integrated brake levers, so no di2 unless you rigged something up yourself

Second, old ventus had a "tail" behind the stem that could interfere with some behind the stem cable routing

Third, the new ventus has a drop the brake hoods which I think many would NOT prefer, if given the choice

Personally, I'd probably take the original if you're running a mechanical groupset and ithe tail doesn't interfere with your cable routing.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ventus 1 is faster than Ventus 2. Ventus 2 is Di-2 ready and you can choose your own brake levers. Ventus 1 has integrated levers. Ventus 1 is not being made anymore so it's cheaper to buy. Honestly, if you want a thin bar, I would just go with the TriRig Alpha. It's far more adjustable than the Ventus series bars

Make Inside Out Sports your next online tri shop! http://www.insideoutsports.com/
Quote Reply
Re: 3T Ventus vs Ventus II [BryanD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for all the input. Am looking at the Tririg and Ventus, can get the Ventus 1 much cheaper from old stuck. Not doing Di2, and I think have room behind the stem on my P2.

Thanks guys.
Quote Reply
Re: 3T Ventus vs Ventus II [Runless] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Possible to take off the tail?

With a hacksaw yes, search the forums here there have been a couple people that have posted pictures of it.
Quote Reply
Re: 3T Ventus vs Ventus II [BoyWithACoin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
like this?

The part that was cut with the hacksaw is actually aluminum.

/kj

http://kjmcawesome.tumblr.com/
Quote Reply
Re: 3T Ventus vs Ventus II [Runless] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Other thing to consider is the brake levers built into the old ventus are minimal, so if you have a bike with already compromised braking due to aero brakes, you might not want the old Ventus.

Runless wrote:
From old thread...
Couple things

First, old ventus had integrated brake levers, so no di2 unless you rigged something up yourself

Second, old ventus had a "tail" behind the stem that could interfere with some behind the stem cable routing

Third, the new ventus has a drop the brake hoods which I think many would NOT prefer, if given the choice

Personally, I'd probably take the original if you're running a mechanical groupset and ithe tail doesn't interfere with your cable routing.

Kat Hunter reports on the San Dimas Stage Race from inside the GC winning team
Aeroweenie.com -Compendium of Aero Data and Knowledge
Freelance sports & outdoors writer Kathryn Hunter
Quote Reply
Re: 3T Ventus vs Ventus II [jackmott] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks what I have now is my stock 2011 P2 with DA brakes. Likes them better than the FSA ones that were on it.

Still considering this as an improvement over what I have. Price is right for the old stock.

And apologies, doing a search, saw a lot on this subject already.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Agreed on the braking concerns. I did one twisty descent on carbon tubulars (10 year old zipps) and that was enough to get me to buy some Flo wheels. But that's with a crap speed concept rear brake and a tririg omega front.

No more braking concerns w/ the Ventus levers and aluminum Flo rims. You'll probably come across some pics, but I recommend some grip tape on the base bar for climbing/descending. You'll lose a little skin of your palms, but it's worth it.

Recommend the original Ventus. Comfy pads and I don't know of anything proven to be faster.

/kj

http://kjmcawesome.tumblr.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
yeah if you plan to use DA brakes, you should be fine.

Just consider your terrain. Steep downhills, lots of rain? Might not want the Ventus 1.

Also make sure it fits you.

Kat Hunter reports on the San Dimas Stage Race from inside the GC winning team
Aeroweenie.com -Compendium of Aero Data and Knowledge
Freelance sports & outdoors writer Kathryn Hunter
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks Jack and everyone. Think I'm going to give it a go.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Anyone know what seems to be a fair market price?

I got the bar, looks great, had it installed, and realized its missing two very small pieces. In order to use the spacers, and keep them moving with the integrated stem, there seems to be two small nubs that fit in the stem and go into the spacer. Anyone know what this is or what it is called?

The place I purchased from online would not have, and I'm trying to explain to the distributor to find out.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thought I'd post a photo of the finished result. Were some minor scratches and chips, but overall, looks nice. A bit odd, since I had a longer stem on but the fit seems to be better than what I had.

after

before

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Had another question, noticed the bike shop ran the cable under the bar tape, and eventually into a hole that was midway on the aerobars. My problem with this is can't get my Garmin mount on there now. I'm wondering if there is a notice at the front or if they can drill one, and have it run the entire length. I have Dura Ace Shifters.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You could probably drill a hole, but that's always a little sketchy. Other extensions have holes that are further forward than the stock Ventus ones.

You should check out Zipp VukaShift extensions. They route the cable internally through the entire extension. The shape may also be an upgrade over straight extensions, both in terms of comfort and aerodynamics. I really like them with my Ventus I.

CodyBeals.com | Instagram | TikTok
ASICS | Ventum | Martin's | HED | VARLO | Shimano | 4iiii | Keystone Communications
Quote Reply