Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

3D printed BTA Storage
Quote | Reply
Hi All,

I realize this is a long shot. I need some help tracking down a picture of a pro triathlete's bike. I believe it was a Specialized Shiv (athlete's bike). The pro had a 3D printed dry storage unit between the aerobars of his bike. I used to have this pic saved but you know new computers and all...

Anyway, I was wondering if we crowd sourced this if anyone could help me find that pic. I can't 3D print but do have experience with composites and want to re-create this for my own use.
Quote Reply
Re: 3D printed BTA Storage [GreenBoy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Any particular reason you don't want to just build something that makes sense for you and your bike?
Quote Reply
Re: 3D printed BTA Storage [chicanery] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I ended up finding it! I think this will work for my bike. I just needed to have a second look at the shape!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I find this interesting, could you please share the TriRig article?
Quote Reply
Re: 3D printed BTA Storage [alfonso132] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
reverse image search will get you there.
Quote Reply
Re: 3D printed BTA Storage [alfonso132] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I did some digging and...

Here's the TriRig article: http://www.tririg.com/...lized_Shiv&num=2
Here's a Slowtwitch article with a caption and a better picture: http://www.slowtwitch.com/...12_-_day_3_3149.html

Obviously, this is an old design/idea. It's also one that didn't make it to he final version of the production bike. However, I've been carrying 'dry' goods up front for a while now and want to tidy things up a bit. A version of this I think will do the trick.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm going to hugely, hugely recommend against any shape similar to this. *Especially* anything you can't hide with your arms.
Quote Reply
Re: 3D printed BTA Storage [chicanery] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Quote Reply