Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

2018 Race 70.3 Signup: IM Raleigh vs. IM Eagleman vs. IM Syracuse
Quote | Reply
Hey all!
Looking to sign up for my first 70.3 next Spring/Summer 2018. Once they are available to sign up for, anyone know typically when registration is open? I've signed up for notifications in the meantime.

Curious to hear some opinions and how you'd rank these 3 when compared. I've read separate race reports but would love a comparison, thoughts. I live in Long Island, NY. So, I'd pick an event that's driving distance and then do a quick family vacation afterwards (Daughter will be ~1 year old then). Driving to NC is a bit longer, but we can pit stop in MD with some family.
It seems like Raleigh is tougher but enjoyable/scenic. Eagleman is flat/hot and somewhat boring? I've been to OCMD plenty of times so I know that heat can be brrrrutal. I don't know much about IM Cuse.
Strengths/Weaknesses aren't really a factor for me in deciding, but run is strong, biking is good, swimming is decent (working on it!)
Fitness: Currently swim/bike/run 3x each a week..I've done several half marathons, few sprints/olympics, former D1 athlete--Well, ok, 10 years ago.. :)

For what it's worth, I'm not opposed to doing non-IM event, heard Rev3Quassy is great, but from a location+vacation standpoint these are the ones I thought of...Other races are an option.

Thanks in Advance!
Quote Reply
Re: 2018 Race 70.3 Signup: IM Raleigh vs. IM Eagleman vs. IM Syracuse [RunMikeSwim] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I vote for Raleigh, my favorite 70.3, good venue, honest race, and nice to finish downtown.
Last edited by: mike s: Aug 7, 17 16:24
Quote Reply
Re: 2018 Race 70.3 Signup: IM Raleigh vs. IM Eagleman vs. IM Syracuse [RunMikeSwim] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm a little partial to quassy because I live in CT. But it really is nice, and my kids played for the rest of the day after it was over. I've done quassy twice now and considering again for next year. It is a hilly run and ride though.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Done a few HIMs. I live 1 hr from the start of Raleigh.....and I've never considered it. It has the knack for occurring on the very first hot/humid day we have here, each year. Therefore, you can't train for it (unless you live in FL). If they'd move this race to mid-May.......I'd do it every year. I wChoo 70.3. If they were two weeks apart, I'd do both.

Honestly....if you can wait until August, I'd come to NC and do Lake Logan. It's a great venue and a real bike course.
Quote Reply