Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

2018 IRONMAN Opening - Master List
Quote | Reply
Is there a master list with dates and times of 2018 Ironman event openings? I'm looking for something that doesn't require me clicking on each event.
Quote Reply
Re: 2018 IRONMAN Opening - Master List [LifeTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
LifeTri wrote:
Is there a master list with dates and times of 2018 Ironman event openings? I'm looking for something that doesn't require me clicking on each event.

Once upon a time, WTC had a link to the next year's events and registration openings, but that ship sailed. For the most part, next year's races are roughly the same weekend as this year, and open up for registration immediately or within a few days after the 2017 event. E.g., IM Germany opened up and IM Bolton should open soon.

Sorry I can't be more helpful, but I am curious as to what you are looking for since the first half of 2018 races are already posted and open; and most people have a good idea which one or ones they intend to do next year.
Quote Reply
Re: 2018 IRONMAN Opening - Master List [HuffNPuff] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I just got the impression that these things filled up in minutes. I was successful in signing up for IM Gulf Coast 70.3 just now.

I essentially was just looking for a master list so that I could plan out my season better and be Johnny on the Spot for when these events become posted.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
LifeTri wrote:
I just got the impression that these things filled up in minutes. I was successful in signing up for IM Gulf Coast 70.3 just now.

I essentially was just looking for a master list so that I could plan out my season better and be Johnny on the Spot for when these events become posted.

Aside from Oceanside, (U.S.) 70.3 races don't fill up immediately. In fact, most don't sell out nowadays.

For full distance races, the same holds true now that supply is close to meeting demand.

Pink? Maybe. Maybe not. You decide.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
LifeTri wrote:

Gulf Coast will not sell out. I raced it this year and registered AT THE EXPO the day before.
Quote Reply
Re: 2018 IRONMAN Opening - Master List [japarker24] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Exactly, and the current situation provides far more flexibility for athletes than in the past.

As for full distance, you still have to be Johnny-on-the-spot for Ironman Arizona in the U.S. Also, for 2018, IM Austria sold out in 2 days, and Challenge Roth took about 20-30 seconds if you were lucky enough to get a spot.
Quote Reply
Re: 2018 IRONMAN Opening - Master List [japarker24] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tremblant 70.3 sold out in less than 20min
Quote Reply
Re: 2018 IRONMAN Opening - Master List [Trauma] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Trauma wrote:
Tremblant 70.3 sold out in less than 20min

Aside from Oceanside, (U.S.) 70.3 races don't fill up immediately. In fact, most don't sell out nowadays

Pink? Maybe. Maybe not. You decide.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
See page 16 of the 2017 Athletes Guide http://www.ironman.com/~/media/10c448f9c472453989c96a133a45c50b/2017%20ironman%20arizona%20athlete%20guide%20reduced%20size%202.pdf
Quote Reply