Login required to post replies

2017 felt b14 fitting
Quote | Reply
  Hi guys.
I am going back to triathlon.
Queation about fit.
Think buying a 2017 felt b14 51cm.
I am 5/6, 29 inseam.
Felt web saying i am a 54cm seems to me a bit weird.
I did ride before a 49cm Quintanaroo cd1.
Felt 50cm it is a 650cc wheels and i am not a fan. Next size up it is a 51cm.
Not sure if will be to big.
I am looking to get a good deal on ebay or something.
Any advice will be appreciated.
Thank you
Quote Reply
Re: 2017 felt b14 fitting [loganvass] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
A 54 sounds too big for you. I am 5'8" with a 30" inseam and I ride a 51cm DA. I test rode a 54cm B16 an it was definitely too big. I would highly recommend paying to get a professional fit in which they can specify what size to buy and then set it up properly for you once you do. Look for a place with RETUL or something similar. A lot of places will give you a thumb drive with all of your info or at the very least a printout. Best of luck.

"4 wheels move the body, 2 wheels move the soul"
Last edited by: warwicke36: Aug 28, 17 12:11
Quote Reply
Re: 2017 felt b14 fitting [warwicke36] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
warwicke36 wrote:
A 54 sounds too big for you. I am 5'8" with a 30" inseam and I ride a 51cm DA. I test rode a 54cm B16 an it was definitely too big. I would highly recommend paying to get a professional fit in which they can specify what size to buy and then set it up properly for you once you do. Look for a place with RETUL or something similar. A lot of places will give you a thumb drive with all of your info or at the very least a printout. Best of luck.

I cant find any help where I am live now. every bike shop around tells me they can fit pretty much in any size but I dont want to spend 2000 on a bike there.
I had my quintana fit me by a bike shop but they fit just by looking.
Quote Reply
Re: 2017 felt b14 fitting [loganvass] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
loganvass wrote:
Hi guys.
I am going back to triathlon.
Queation about fit.
Think buying a 2017 felt b14 51cm.
I am 5/6, 29 inseam.
Felt web saying i am a 54cm seems to me a bit weird.
I did ride before a 49cm Quintanaroo cd1.
Felt 50cm it is a 650cc wheels and i am not a fan. Next size up it is a 51cm.
Not sure if will be to big.
I am looking to get a good deal on ebay or something.
Any advice will be appreciated.
Thank you
The B14s are big, but the 2018 models will all use a -17 stem which offsets the tall frame stack a bit.

Sign unseen and just with what you've provided, I'd guess the 51 will work pretty well.

Felt has no stock on 2017 B14s, so you're going to have to find a shop that still has one in stock. We are out in that size.

Trent Nix
Owned and operated Tri Shop
F.I.S.T. Advanced Certified Fitter | Retul Master Certified Fitter (back when those were things)
Quote Reply