Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
2017 Shiv is now on Specialized web page
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: 2017 Shiv is now on Specialized web page [swimfan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Really thought they would of brought a new model by 2017 ! it's getting long in the tooth.

Jonathan, fellow triathlete
Quote Reply
Re: 2017 Shiv is now on Specialized web page [JODIRT] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
But they got new colors :)

On a serious note "If" there is a new model, that will be probably announced during Kona week and it will be labelled as 2018 model.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Kind of expected a new one by now. It's nearly 5 years old.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
just put some flo wheels on it, and everyone here will love the shiv like it was brand new.

no sponsors | no races | nothing to see here
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I like that the S-Works module has a 'new & special' fork

FORK Specialized FACT FUCI Aero carbon
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Cervelo delayed. Looks like the new Shiv is delayed. I guess I'll stick with my 2011 Cervelo P2 another year!

Make Inside Out Sports your next online tri shop! http://www.insideoutsports.com/
Quote Reply
Re: 2017 Shiv is now on Specialized web page [BryanD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
All these delayed superbikes are making it a drag for those of us waiting for those used 2011 P2s to hit the market.

Quote Reply
Re: 2017 Shiv is now on Specialized web page [Marlin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Haha! I'll never get rid of my P2. It will stay on the trainer and be my backup bike!

Make Inside Out Sports your next online tri shop! http://www.insideoutsports.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Anybody care to comment on the Shiv Sport? At a MSRP of $2200 it looks like a decent enough entry level bike (if it fits), even though it's an old frame and 10-speed Tiagra. A IA16 and P2 seem to be the logical next step up, but retail for quite a bit more.

Pain is temporary.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I still think that is about the ugliest bike I've ever seen......

Pink? Maybe. Maybe not. You decide.
Quote Reply
Re: 2017 Shiv is now on Specialized web page [japarker24] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
japarker24 wrote:
I still think that is about the ugliest bike I've ever seen......

http://ventumracing.com/
Quote Reply
Re: 2017 Shiv is now on Specialized web page [Mugen_EP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Totally forgot about the Ventum!

Pink? Maybe. Maybe not. You decide.
Quote Reply
Re: 2017 Shiv is now on Specialized web page [joelcox] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
joelcox wrote:
Anybody care to comment on the Shiv Sport? At a MSRP of $2200 it looks like a decent enough entry level bike (if it fits), even though it's an old frame and 10-speed Tiagra. A IA16 and P2 seem to be the logical next step up, but retail for quite a bit more.

I don't think you'd have much difficulty finding a leftover P2 for about the same price, and it will have 11-spd 105 hardware.

I'm a Shiv rider myself (Expert) and love the bike, but I'd be peeved to spend that much on a MY2017 bike and have it not come with something compatible with the modern family of 11spd drivetrains
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
joelcox wrote:

Am I missing something here? It's $300 cheaper to buy a fully built bike vs. buying just the frameset? Not to mention, asking someone to pay $800 to upgrade to 105 is pretty crazy. You can get a 105 mini group for way less than that. Oh I guess you get Turbo Pros too... đŸ™„

[edited for autocorrect stupidity]

tweets.
Last edited by: siegfried08: Jul 25, 16 14:25
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've been riding a 2017 Expert for about 2 weeks now. :)

Pete Githens
Reading, PA
Quote Reply
Re: 2017 Shiv is now on Specialized web page [FlyingScot] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for pitching in Scot. This is probably the case in the US (at least from what I've seen online), but triathlon bikes aren't stocked much here and thus aren't discounted as heavily. I'll scope out some bike shops this week to see if I can find an IA or P2 at this price point.

Pain is temporary.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Not sure where you live but from your post if you are outside North America I am going to take a punt and say you won't be able to get a hold of a 2017 Shiv. I won't guarantee it but Spec doesn't list the 2017 Shiv models on their international site while they do list the 2017 crux etc. Historically Spec has done this for one of two reasons. 1) Very limited frame runs such as the Allez Sprint 2) They are just getting rid of old frame stock and don't want to build new frames. I suspect with the Shiv this second reason applies. Its the same thing they did when they phased out the Transition for the Shiv. It also implies that a new Tri bike is on its way, but they took 2-3 years to phase out the Transition so the launch may not be imminent.
Quote Reply
Re: 2017 Shiv is now on Specialized web page [siegfried08] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If we're comparing outdated frames, for the money of a Tiagra 10sp equipped Shiv you can get a mostly Ultegra Felt B12. Still, neither are that bad of a deal, IMO. With the Shiv you're basically getting the same frame, albeit probably with lower grade carbon layup, as the top of the line Shiv's no? Only other difference I'm seeing is no drinking straw, does that mean the bladder is just not included or is there no fuelselage?
Quote Reply
Re: 2017 Shiv is now on Specialized web page [scott8888] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for your insight Scott. I reached out to my local Specialized distributor/HQ to see whether these will actually be sold here in the Netherlands.

Pain is temporary.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
man, you guys...

Still happily riding my Spec Transition

if you can read this
YOU'RE DRAFTING!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ah, didn't know you were Nederlands, I would imagine that complicates things!
Quote Reply
Re: 2017 Shiv is now on Specialized web page [scott8888] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just got confirmation from a LBS that they won't be carrying this model here. Bummer.

Pain is temporary.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Really hard to understand why anyone would not buy the base model and then upgrade.

2 K for the bike (less on sale)
1 K for wheels like Hed Jet 6 or 6/9.
900 for a good rotor P2max PM
1 K for ultegra DI2.

Why would anyone do anything different and pay more?
Quote Reply
Re: 2017 Shiv is now on Specialized web page [BryanD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BryanD wrote:
Haha! I'll never get rid of my P2. It will stay on the trainer and be my backup bike!
Yep. Older bikes that were great to begin with but are perceived as merely adequate due to being lower tier models, and didn't cost much in the first place, don't have the best resale value. You are better off holding onto it and using it than selling it and replacing. I got a 2008 Soloist and don't intend to sell it.
Quote Reply

Prev Next