Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: 2017/18 100/100 Run Challenge Airing of the Grievances Thread [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My grievance? Running is dumb.

And I'm in for 2017.

"My greatest purpose in life is to serve as a bad example"

gbassett.com
Quote Reply
Re: 2017/18 100/100 Run Challenge Airing of the Grievances Thread [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I missed where the start date was posted. What is it?

To defy the laws of tradition is a crusade only of the brave.

Reach high, think big, work hard, have fun.
Quote Reply
Re: 2017/18 100/100 Run Challenge Airing of the Grievances Thread [Number2] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
December 15. It's always December 15

devashish_paul wrote:
The reason we start on Dec 15th is so that it ends on March 24th. Starting on Dec 15th is "early enough" that the novelty is high and people are motivated right through the holidays...basically the first 2 weeks everyone is super motivated. If I started on Dec 1st, a lot of people will already fall off the bandwagon during holiday eating season. With the start only 1 week before, pretty well everyone makes it through Xmas and New Years trying to get the runs in around family and friends and partying. It's an awesome balance.

Second reason is for many of us who live up North, ending first week of March is "too early"....there is still an entire month of winter. The last 2-3 weeks of the challenge is another phase where many put in a "final push" as they can see the end of the tunnel. This brings them to end of March just in time for a month or two of specificity before race season.

So there is some logic to the seamingly random dates. This is actually the 11th year this is going on, so between the community, myself and some vocal folks for better or worse, we've honed in on the format. Now if you have any other questions about the challenge there is the annual airing of the grievances thread to get all the complaints out of the system.

As for the whole "Body Is A Temple" thing? Well, many ancient deities often enjoyed offerings of Sweets and Intoxicants
Quote Reply
Re: 2017/18 100/100 Run Challenge Airing of the Grievances Thread [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My one and only grievance is if the strava integration isn't up by the time this starts. It's 2017/18 and I have to manually enter workouts?


Quote Reply
Re: 2017/18 100/100 Run Challenge Airing of the Grievances Thread [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My grievance is you are letting Dave and Frank via proxy ruin the forum. Which means that the website won’t exist. Which means no airing of grievances.
Quote Reply
Re: 2017/18 100/100 Run Challenge Airing of the Grievances Thread [ajthomas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ajthomas wrote:
My grievance is you are letting Dave and Frank via proxy ruin the forum. Which means that the website won’t exist. Which means no airing of grievances.

Don't worry, Dave will run 150 times in 100 days and tell all of you how much you suck at running and wait till you get to 60. You heard it on the grievance thread first. My grievance is that slowman does not just get us over it, and put it in Forum rules and then instead of telling us that we suck at running and are not 60, Dave can just insert a C code pointer to that on the Forum rules.
Quote Reply
Re: 2017/18 100/100 Run Challenge Airing of the Grievances Thread [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Grievance

who gives a rat's hiney about strava integrate with garmin we all wear one anyway that way it automatically uploads and I don't have to log what I am going to do anyway given spring marathon.

If I have to log by hand then I have to see all the boys standings competing to see whose is bigger. I have enough of that in my life

This is taper week for tomorrow's marathon (Tucson) and I am very ready to be whiney.
Quote Reply
Re: 2017/18 100/100 Run Challenge Airing of the Grievances Thread [meuf] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
meuf wrote:
Grievance

who gives a rat's hiney about strava integrate with garmin we all wear one anyway that way it automatically uploads and I don't have to log what I am going to do anyway given spring marathon.

Garmin integrates with strava ergo...garmin will be integrated with ST. Quit ye'r bitchin' !
Quote Reply
Re: 2017/18 100/100 Run Challenge Airing of the Grievances Thread [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
How the hell am I supposed to participate if my PT won't let me run more than 5 minutes. I should be allowed to bring a doctors note and have my PT running count!
Quote Reply
Re: 2017/18 100/100 Run Challenge Airing of the Grievances Thread [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Are there new rules yet for 2017?

I vote to simplify the rules to a 30 minute Run minimum. Forget the 15 min plus a 45 minute run the next day = two 30 minute run nonsense. I think this rule was abused a bit, and not necessarily on purpose, but due to lack of understanding.
Quote Reply
Re: 2017/18 100/100 Run Challenge Airing of the Grievances Thread [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
48/100 last year...not sure how that happened :-) At least its something i can realistically beat this year :)

I edit my posts, a lot.
Last edited by: ferdia: Dec 9, 17 6:32
Quote Reply
Re: 2017/18 100/100 Run Challenge Airing of the Grievances Thread [BT_DreamChaser] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That is one rule change that would simplify things. Who runs 15 minutes anyways, kinda like a 30 minute bike ride.
Quote Reply
Re: 2017/18 100/100 Run Challenge Airing of the Grievances Thread [dualsport] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Get your grievances out of the way people. We start running on Friday! The 25% price hike on my zero dollar subscription to ST and the ST log is unbearable though.
Quote Reply
Re: 2017/18 100/100 Run Challenge Airing of the Grievances Thread [dualsport] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sometimes I do a 15 minute 2 miler off my 30 minute bike ride - something is better than nothing, right?

"It's good enough for who it's for" - Grandpa Wayne
Quote Reply
Re: 2017/18 100/100 Run Challenge Airing of the Grievances Thread [BT_DreamChaser] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BT_DreamChaser wrote:
I vote to simplify the rules to a 30 minute Run minimum. Forget the 15 min plus a 45 minute run the next day = two 30 minute run nonsense. I think this rule was abused a bit, and not necessarily on purpose, but due to lack of understanding.

+1

I still play by these rules. Not that I hold it against anyone using those new rules, but KISS (Keep It Simple Slowtwitch).
Quote Reply
Re: 2017/18 100/100 Run Challenge Airing of the Grievances Thread [dualsport] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
dualsport wrote:
That is one rule change that would simplify things. Who runs 15 minutes anyways, kinda like a 30 minute bike ride.

Any-one who runs 2.5 miles or bikes 12.5 miles. BTW - a fair number of sprint tri's or du's are that distance.
Quote Reply
Re: 2017/18 100/100 Run Challenge Airing of the Grievances Thread [B.McMaster] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
B.McMaster wrote:
dualsport wrote:
That is one rule change that would simplify things. Who runs 15 minutes anyways, kinda like a 30 minute bike ride.


Any-one who runs 2.5 miles or bikes 12.5 miles. BTW - a fair number of sprint tri's or du's are that distance.


Yes, but this is a 100 day Run Challenge and not a brick or race challenge.
Quote Reply
Re: 2017/18 100/100 Run Challenge Airing of the Grievances Thread [dualsport] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
dualsport wrote:
B.McMaster wrote:
dualsport wrote:
That is one rule change that would simplify things. Who runs 15 minutes anyways, kinda like a 30 minute bike ride.


Any-one who runs 2.5 miles or bikes 12.5 miles. BTW - a fair number of sprint tri's or du's are that distance.


Yes, but this is a 100 day Run Challenge and not a brick or race challenge.

Agree. I was just answering your question on who runs for 15 minutes or rides for 30. Lots of people.
Quote Reply
Re: 2017/18 100/100 Run Challenge Airing of the Grievances Thread [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have searched, I promise. Is the sticky up yet?
Quote Reply
Re: 2017/18 100/100 Run Challenge Airing of the Grievances Thread [Sean H] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I wish someone would dig up the photo of the pull buoy engulfed in flames labeled ZERO SWIMS IN 100 DAYS

Mighta useta be me!

_____________________________________
The trouble is
You think you have time.
Quote Reply
Re: 2017/18 100/100 Run Challenge Airing of the Grievances Thread [Kula] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I agree. Would like to see this rule gone!
Quote Reply
Re: 2017/18 100/100 Run Challenge Airing of the Grievances Thread [dualsport] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sadly, I ride 30 minutes, fairly often. It's what I have time for and my knees have been bothering me. I make sure I run at least twenty, not 15 :)
Quote Reply
Re: 2017/18 100/100 Run Challenge Airing of the Grievances Thread [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Grievance # 98. Where is the consolidated list of rules for the GD challenge?
Quote Reply
Re: 2017/18 100/100 Run Challenge Airing of the Grievances Thread [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
devashish_paul wrote:
Get your grievances out of the way people. We start running on Friday! The 25% price hike on my zero dollar subscription to ST and the ST log is unbearable though.

Last day for grievances. Everyone should be grieving about how badly I'm going to crush them in this challenge. (this thread needs some good trash talk)

Strava I Instagram
Quote Reply
Re: 2017/18 100/100 Run Challenge Airing of the Grievances Thread [Vermej1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Vermej1 wrote:
Grievance # 98. Where is the consolidated list of rules for the GD challenge?

Rules?



As for the whole "Body Is A Temple" thing? Well, many ancient deities often enjoyed offerings of Sweets and Intoxicants
Quote Reply

Prev Next