Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
2016 Tour de France STAGE 18 Discussion Thread......*spoilers* The Uphill ITT
Quote | Reply
My shortest analysis yet - Froome wins.

/race

Chicago Cubs - 2016 WORLD SERIES Champions!!!!

"If ever the time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin." - Samuel Adams
Quote Reply
Re: 2016 Tour de France STAGE 18 Discussion Thread......*spoilers* The Uphill ITT [Power13] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dumoulin again for this stage
Quote Reply
Re: 2016 Tour de France STAGE 18 Discussion Thread......*spoilers* The Uphill ITT [Power13] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah, but I want your analysis on positions 2-5. Where do Porte, Mollema, Yates, Quintana end up at after tomorrow in the GC. My prediction is that Porte moves into 2nd, Yates at 3rd in the GC after tomorrow. A bit of a stretch, but that's what I am going with.

Power13 wrote:

/race

Quote Reply
Re: 2016 Tour de France STAGE 18 Discussion Thread......*spoilers* The Uphill ITT [echappist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I hope so but I think maybe a bit too climb-y for him. I'm thinking top 5. After today, and his uphill-ish TT shape in general (think Col d'Eze) I'm thinking maybe Porte. Wishful thinking maybe.

Will be interesting what the equipment choices will be. There are some flat and downhill stretches, quite different from the Giro chrono scalata. Time schedule expects a 33kmh average.
Quote Reply
Re: 2016 Tour de France STAGE 18 Discussion Thread......*spoilers* The Uphill ITT [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
Yeah, but I want your analysis on positions 2-5

OK, gonna be a little bold here....

Quintana moves up to 2nd overall

Mollema moves down to third.

Bardet to 4th

Yates to 5th

Porte has a bad day and Valverde overtakes him for 6th.

Chicago Cubs - 2016 WORLD SERIES Champions!!!!

"If ever the time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin." - Samuel Adams
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Road bikes or TT bikes? I think the climbers will be on road bikes.

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace." Jimi Hendrix
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Power13 wrote:
Quote:
Yeah, but I want your analysis on positions 2-5

OK, gonna be a little bold here....

Quintana moves up to 2nd overall

Mollema moves down to third.

Bardet to 4th

Yates to 5th

Porte has a bad day and Valverde overtakes him for 6th.

....and here I was thinking that Quintana had already started his taper for Rio!!!
Quote Reply
Re: 2016 Tour de France STAGE 18 Discussion Thread......*spoilers* The Uphill ITT [Nova] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Maybe road bikes but with clip on aerobars and rear discs. These guys have been whining that they should lower or eliminate the minimum bike weight, so they should be able to come up with a UCI-illegal road bike weight wise and slap on some "heavy' aero wheels and bars to get to 6.8kg. Most teams have that extra superlight frame without paint and all that jazz, no? A Lightweight (or rebadged DT Swiss) disc weighs only 780 grams. Unless they're more worried about the rotating weight?
Last edited by: snaaijert: Jul 20, 16 14:59
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Froome shows everyone who's the boss (again) and wins the stage.

Mollema and Yates lose some time, but stay in 2nd and 3rd (although they might swap positions).

Quintana is sick, tired, or just doesn't give a hoot. He drops down to 6th. Porte moves up to 4th, sparking a gazillion tweets about "where would Richie be if he hadn't had the flat?"

"Human existence is based upon two pillars: Compassion and knowledge. Compassion without knowledge is ineffective; Knowledge without compassion is inhuman." Victor Weisskopf.
Quote Reply
Re: 2016 Tour de France STAGE 18 Discussion Thread......*spoilers* The Uphill ITT [snaaijert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
snaaijert wrote:
Maybe road bikes but with clip on aerobars and rear discs. These guys have been whining that they should lower or eliminate the minimum bike weight, so they should be able to come up with a UCI-illegal road bike weight wise and slap on some "heavy' aero wheels and bars to get to 6.8kg. Most teams have that extra superlight frame without paint and all that jazz, no? A Lightweight (or rebadged DT Swiss) disc weighs only 780 grams. Unless they're more worried about the rotating weight?

Also technically the minimum 6.8 kilo bike weight hurts a light rider more than heavy one. A 56 kilo rider, the 6.8 kilos is 12.14% of the rider weight. For a 75 kilo rider it is 9.06%. In a game of small percentages, guys like Quintana and Yates are penalized. Froome is 71 kilos (I find that hard to believe but that is what google gave me). Doumoulin apparently the same!

The weight limit is silly. They should just say you have to use production commercially available gear that the public can buy (which inherently means it has to pass safety standards before going to the market). I believe this is what FIS uses as the criteria for XC skiing competition.

Dev
Quote Reply
Re: 2016 Tour de France STAGE 18 Discussion Thread......*spoilers* The Uphill ITT [Alvin Tostig] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think the same on Froome. Also betting Porte has a good showing. He's been the only one to put up much of a defense and had that flat not happened... *FIRST*
Quote Reply
Re: 2016 Tour de France STAGE 18 Discussion Thread......*spoilers* The Uphill ITT [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I read that Froome's tdf weight is 67kgs?

http://www.teamsky.com/teamsky/home/article/59618#42jixR32TXd723e0.97
Quote Reply
Re: 2016 Tour de France STAGE 18 Discussion Thread......*spoilers* The Uphill ITT [fulla] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
fulla wrote:
I read that Froome's tdf weight is 67kgs?

http://www.teamsky.com/teamsky/home/article/59618#42jixR32TXd723e0.97

what, his manly frame looks bigger?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
devashish_paul wrote:
Yeah, but I want your analysis on positions 2-5. Where do Porte, Mollema, Yates, Quintana end up at after tomorrow in the GC. My prediction is that Porte moves into 2nd, Yates at 3rd in the GC after tomorrow. A bit of a stretch, but that's what I am going with.

Power13 wrote:

/race

Porte moves up, Mollema down, Quintana down, Yate stays about the same

Froome, Yates, Mollema, Porte, Quintana after the stage
Quote Reply
Re: 2016 Tour de France STAGE 18 Discussion Thread......*spoilers* The Uphill ITT [echappist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
As expected, a variee approach to equipment. Those going for the time limit are on road bikes but for the eatly starting specalists its also mixed: Coppel on a roadframe but with disc and clip ons, Jon Izaguirre full TT bike but 60-ish wheels, Nelson Oliveira roadbike no clipons shallow wheels.

Sagan not even wearing an Evade, 0 aerof****s given.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
echappist wrote:
devashish_paul wrote:

Power13 wrote:

/race

Porte moves up, Mollema down, Quintana down, Yate stays about the same

Froome, Yates, Mollema, Porte, Quintana after the stage

I see a cross between TT bikes and road bikes from the early starters. I even see shallow rims. Seems with the weight minimum, it would make sense to go with a 6.8 kilo TT set up? Some ar e on road bikes with clip ons, some with no clip ons....or maybe some of the early riders don't care and would just rather ride what they are used to, and that seems like a good enough reason to go with a non optimized set up.
Quote Reply
Re: 2016 Tour de France STAGE 18 Discussion Thread......*spoilers* The Uphill ITT [snaaijert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
snaaijert wrote:
As expected, a variee approach to equipment. Those going for the time limit are on road bikes but for the eatly starting specalists its also mixed: Coppel on a roadframe but with disc and clip ons, Jon Izaguirre full TT bike but 60-ish wheels, Nelson Oliveira roadbike no clipons shallow wheels.

Sagan not even wearing an Evade, 0 aerof****s given.

I missed that.....Sagan not even an Evade? In any case, I would imagine he is going to go into as much "taper as possible" before Paris?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yeah think I saw that correctly, just saw a glimpse of him rolling off the ramp. I really don't get why an Oliveira wears the normal Catlike roadhelmet though.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
snaaijert wrote:
Yeah think I saw that correctly, just saw a glimpse of him rolling off the ramp. I really don't get why an Oliveira wears the normal Catlike roadhelmet though.

It will be interesting to see what the final 15 GC guys are on.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
inb4 TJ has a good/great TT and everybody jump on his bandwagon again hahahah

The entire event (IM) is like "death by 1000 cuts" and the best race is minimizing all those cuts and losing less blood than the other guy. - Dev
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yeah I saw a GCN video which showed BMC on roadbikes shallow wheels clipons, Mollema on roadbike (emonda) clipons and disc (lightweight) and 60 front, Froome TT bike with medium wheels. Movistar and Orica "have yet to decide". Movistar at least can glean something from Izaguirre and Oliveira who both rode competitively, maybe that was the reason they had such contrasting setups, to see which would be best for Quintana.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The Tour is over after today (if its not already). Froome wins. Porte rides wells, gets into podium position. Quintana forgets its a time trial and just sits on someone's wheel all day admiring the view.
Quote Reply
Re: 2016 Tour de France STAGE 18 Discussion Thread......*spoilers* The Uphill ITT [Alvin Tostig] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Froome gets greedy trying to take more time and goes over the fence on the chicane exit (as a few other rides have done already), loses 2+min collecting himself. Becomes a race again.
Quote Reply
Re: 2016 Tour de France STAGE 18 Discussion Thread......*spoilers* The Uphill ITT [tpero] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TomD looking aero as F!@#$

The entire event (IM) is like "death by 1000 cuts" and the best race is minimizing all those cuts and losing less blood than the other guy. - Dev
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hot corner!

Quote Reply

Prev Next