Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
2016 Olympic Women's Marathon Winner Tests Positive for EPO
Quote | Reply
Not a shock, but sad anyway.

Lots of links and posts on Letsrun.com
Quote Reply
Re: 2016 Olympic Women's Marathon Winner Tests Positive for EPO [Halvard] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: 2016 Olympic Women's Marathon Winner Tests Positive for EPO [Halvard] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Goddam, letsrun is a cesspool. I realize that's not the story here, but that whole damned site seems to be about who can get the most snarky one-liner. And usually there's the same 1-liner by multiple people as everyone races to use a popular meme (like "EPO doesn't work on Kenyans"). So there are about 50 of those between every substantive post. At least here that's like 1:1 instead of 50:1.

But yeah, track is looking worse and worse as time goes on. Even in cycling, the historical endurance-doping poster-child, straight-up EPO and anabolic steroid usage seems pushed into the margins, like maybe micro-dosing and slip-ups by stupid continental pros. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying cycling is clean by any stretch, just that there's enough testing that you can no longer get away with flat-out loading up to the gills with the really good stuff. Track I'm not so sure.
Last edited by: trail: Apr 7, 17 7:06
Quote Reply
Re: 2016 Olympic Women's Marathon Winner Tests Positive for EPO [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
And triathlon? Ha! We will be the next cycling, the next track, the next....

Im just going to start looking at 6-10th place in races and assume they will be the eventual winner in 5-10 years.

Yes, pretty cynical view.

https://twitter.com/mungub
Quote Reply
Re: 2016 Olympic Women's Marathon Winner Tests Positive for EPO [mungub50] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Say what you want, that dude was fast.
Quote Reply
Re: 2016 Olympic Women's Marathon Winner Tests Positive for EPO [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The line "EPO doesn't work on Kenyans" is from an Italian coach Canova trying to explain why you will never find EPO in Kenya.
That line is coming back to him now.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Halvard wrote:
The line "EPO doesn't work on Kenyans" is from an Italian coach Canova trying to explain why you will never find EPO in Kenya.

Yes, it's almost as rich as, "What am I on? I'm on my bike, bustin' my ass 6 hours a day."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Halvard wrote:

Yeah, but it's become a meme. The first crack is fine. But it was repeated like 5-6 times in that thread.

Also the line is pretty absurd at face value. It's not like we needed to find a Kenyan test positive before dismissing that. Absurd on multiple levels, e.g. it sure sounds like de fact admission of having attempted to dope Kenyans with EPO.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: 2016 Olympic Women's Marathon Winner Tests Positive for EPO [jkhayc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am just wondering what the drugs are that the agencies DONT know about yet. You know there are a few rogue chemists who changed a few molecules on something and created PE's that aren't "illegal"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It's a good thing Gwen joined Nike if she wants to win then.
Quote Reply
Re: 2016 Olympic Women's Marathon Winner Tests Positive for EPO [AlwaysCurious] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
AlwaysCurious wrote:
Halvard wrote:

Yes, it's almost as rich as, "What am I on? I'm on my bike, bustin' my ass 6 hours a day."

that was such a great ad. that kind of stuff made him. that and all the drugs. ;-)

Quote Reply
Re: 2016 Olympic Women's Marathon Winner Tests Positive for EPO [LuchaLibre] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
LuchaLibre wrote:
I am just wondering what the drugs are that the agencies DONT know about yet. You know there are a few rogue chemists who changed a few molecules on something and created PE's that aren't "illegal"
They know about most of them. They just don't know how to reliably test for them.
Quote Reply
Re: 2016 Olympic Women's Marathon Winner Tests Positive for EPO [NordicSkier] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
:'( sad, but true. What a hard life to live, constantly living in fear for a test to go the wrong way and end your reputation and career, when all they do is religiously abuse their bodies day in and out for perfection. Hell of a gamble with life.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Not surprised. Unfortunately becoming quite calloused to it. There is not a single top level athletic result where I have confidence that it is clean. In any sport.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
But she gets to keep the Olympic Gold Medal? That sucks.

29 years and counting
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Why does it take so long for somebody to test positive? It can’t take that long to process the blood work can it? I’m sure it is more complicated than my simple brain wants to make it.

Hillary Trout
San Luis Obispo, CA

Your trip is short. Make the most of it.
https://www.slogoing.net/
Quote Reply
Re: 2016 Olympic Women's Marathon Winner Tests Positive for EPO [rhayden] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
rhayden wrote:
Not surprised. Unfortunately becoming quite calloused to it. There is not a single top level athletic result where I have confidence that it is clean. In any sport.

I'm guessing the NASCAR guys are clean. Although there was one a few years ago that got caught being drunk on the track.
Quote Reply
Re: 2016 Olympic Women's Marathon Winner Tests Positive for EPO [rhayden] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
rhayden wrote:

^^ Sadly this. Gold medal marathon runner caught cheating...ho hum!! The only thing that surprises me now is the number of people who think Usain Bolt won clean, that think Mo Farah won clean, that think fill in your favorite Olympic medalist won clean.
Quote Reply
Re: 2016 Olympic Women's Marathon Winner Tests Positive for EPO [B.McMaster] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In NASCAR the cheating goes on under the hood.
Quote Reply
Re: 2016 Olympic Women's Marathon Winner Tests Positive for EPO [SLOgoing] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Why does it take so long for somebody to test positive?

It takes a long time to find the right people to try and bribe so the result disappears.

It's not easy.
Last edited by: Sanuk: Nov 9, 17 13:59
Quote Reply
Re: 2016 Olympic Women's Marathon Winner Tests Positive for EPO [SLOgoing] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Because Kenya (and other African countries) have no national doping control systems and hence DO NOT test their athletes out of competition. Or just recently STARTED the practice when being told by the Olympics that unless you conduct OOC drug testing, you can't race in the Olympics. I seem to recall this being a big issue for Rio, that none of the Kenyan track athletes has a single OOC drug test prior to the games.

It's really disturbing that the Abbott Marathon Majors has decided that in order to preserve their race integrity and sponsorships, they will conduct their own OOC tests, which is how Sumgong got caught. Not because Athletics Kenya, not because of WADA, but because of race directors said if you want to win money at our races, you gotta play by our rules, and that rule is OOC drug testing.

Sumgong tried to explain her EPO positive was treatment for an ectopic pregnancy. Wow, what a huge stretch. Considering she could not name the doctor who treated her and the hospital has no record of her admittance, obviously a huge lie. Buh Bye doper.

Make me sick she gets to keep her Rio medal and Amy and Shalane got hosed by dopers.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Halvard wrote:
Not a shock, but sad anyway.

Lots of links and posts on Letsrun.com

From the linked forum "The EPO was in very small amounts in tainted burgers.". Made me chuckle.

I can't get excited about professional sports any more. I always used to prefer playing sports than watching them anyway, but it seems like every sport is full of this kind of stuff.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote:
Goddam, letsrun is a cesspool.

I dare you to go post something on there but start it with a comment about how you are a triathlete !

They are non to fond of triathlon over there. At least from what I read following the Rossi trial.

"I think I've cracked the code. double letters are cheaters except for perfect squares (a, d, i, p and y). So Leddy isn't a cheater... "
Quote Reply
Re: 2016 Olympic Women's Marathon Winner Tests Positive for EPO [sto] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
sto wrote:
Because Kenya (and other African countries) have no national doping control systems and hence DO NOT test their athletes out of competition. Or just recently STARTED the practice when being told by the Olympics that unless you conduct OOC drug testing, you can't race in the Olympics. I seem to recall this being a big issue for Rio, that none of the Kenyan track athletes has a single OOC drug test prior to the games.

It's really disturbing that the Abbott Marathon Majors has decided that in order to preserve their race integrity and sponsorships, they will conduct their own OOC tests, which is how Sumgong got caught. Not because Athletics Kenya, not because of WADA, but because of race directors said if you want to win money at our races, you gotta play by our rules, and that rule is OOC drug testing.

Sumgong tried to explain her EPO positive was treatment for an ectopic pregnancy. Wow, what a huge stretch. Considering she could not name the doctor who treated her and the hospital has no record of her admittance, obviously a huge lie. Buh Bye doper.

Make me sick she gets to keep her Rio medal and Amy and Shalane got hosed by dopers.

Because *our* world class athletes race clean, right?

----------------------------------
"Go yell at an M&M"
Quote Reply

Prev Next