Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: 2016-2017 100 Runs/100 Days Challenge Dec 15-Mar 24 [marcag] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Marcel....just wanted to share some good news...after a bunch of snowshoe efforts, my control over my left leg seems to have improved. First I did a 90 min CT ride with a hard 30 min course ave 240W. Then today I can say I truly did a "real run" and it was off the bike....38 min, 6K on the treadmill most of if 6-7.5 mph 3-15% grades with some recovery at 5 mph....yay....maybe things are on the right track after I leave this horrendous 2016 year. Off for a snowshoe this afternoon on the golf course. Happy New Year to all 100/100 campers.

“The real purpose of running isn’t to win a race, it’s to test the limits of the human heart.” Bill Bowerman
Quote Reply
Re: 2016-2017 100 Runs/100 Days Challenge Dec 15-Mar 24 [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just hit 16 consecutive runs today, surpassing my record of 15 straight set last year. (Started a day late on the challenge this year.) This will provide a nice base to come for my 2017 races: EagleMan in June and Casco Bay SwimRun LC in August.

Thanks again Dev for setting this challenge up, and glad to hear your running is coming along.

Wishing everyone in the Challenge continued success in 2017.
Quote Reply
Re: 2016-2017 100 Runs/100 Days Challenge Dec 15-Mar 24 [BT_DreamChaser] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Does anyone have a plan they follow for this challenge ?
Last edited by: jans: Dec 31, 16 17:26
Quote Reply
Re: 2016-2017 100 Runs/100 Days Challenge Dec 15-Mar 24 [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
finally got to do my first run of the challenge. ice on the first day, and then i got sick twice in a row. now that i can breathe again, i am starting. though way behind. i had been planning on an unsupported trail race in 4 weeks, but now i feel like i am at square one. there is always another race at another time.

happy new year everyone!

and yeah to dev for your first real run!!!
Quote Reply
Re: 2016-2017 100 Runs/100 Days Challenge Dec 15-Mar 24 [jans] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Run often and run lots. Stay healthy. Have fun and get fast.

speedySTATES
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Love this challenge and the results of what consistent running does. Was able to PR a 10K race on Saturday. It does help that this time of year is perfect for running in South Florida, although this winter has been non existent. Congrats to everyone that does this challenge in cold weather.
Last edited by: dualsport: Jan 2, 17 13:55
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
joining the party late..... Bought a treadmill on dec 14 very excited to take part in the challenge. Hurt my back moving the treadmill from the store to the basement. 2 weeks off including a lot of sickness, cold, flu, kids sick, etc...

started on 28th!!!! heavy and out of shape! the game will be to see how to get as many run in while juggling 2 kids, a 3rd one arriving in a few weeks and returning to some level of acceptable fitness! The treadmill is the best invention ever! kids nap time = run time from now on! they nap, i run!

Jonathan Caron / Professional Coach / ironman champions / age group world champions
Jonnyo Coaching
Instargram
Quote Reply
Re: 2016-2017 100 Runs/100 Days Challenge Dec 15-Mar 24 [jonnyo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jonnyo wrote:
joining the party late..... Bought a treadmill on dec 14 very excited to take part in the challenge. Hurt my back moving the treadmill from the store to the basement. 2 weeks off including a lot of sickness, cold, flu, kids sick, etc...

started on 28th!!!! heavy and out of shape! the game will be to see how to get as many run in while juggling 2 kids, a 3rd one arriving in a few weeks and returning to some level of acceptable fitness! The treadmill is the best invention ever! kids nap time = run time from now on! they nap, i run!

Great you are aboard. I have had a treadmill (which I just moved this 300lb monster into my new man cave, but I got 4 young big boys to help me move it), and only used it for 10 minute bricks. But now, when the weather being crappy outside, I have come to an understanding with the beast and just turn up the music and try to pretend I am chasing
my competition in a race to reduce the boredom.

Glad your back is better. Bad backs are no fun.

Dave Campbell | Facebook | @DaveECampbell | h2ofun@h2ofun.net

Boom Nutrition code 19F4Y3 $5 off 24 pack box | Bionic Runner | PowerCranks | Velotron | Spruzzamist

Lions don't lose sleep worrying about the sheep
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Great challenge, love it!
Quote Reply
Re: 2016-2017 100 Runs/100 Days Challenge Dec 15-Mar 24 [jonnyo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jonnyo wrote:

First of all welcome, secondly, aside from the treadmill being the best with kids, I literally got all my "longer training done" when my son was in the bike trailer or the ski pulk 18-20 years ago. Basically I'd do a 3ish hour outing with him each day of the weekend while he watched for a while and slept! Glad you are getting back in shape.

We're on day 20 today. By now everyone should be in a bit of a groove. Hopefully no injuries and if you feel any niggles, week 4 is a really good time to back down the volume and use the challenge "minimums" to your advantage. If you're already using the minimums and running every day, consider some days off and make up time in week 10-14 when your body is much stronger and fitter (and maybe you are 5-20 lbs lighter too....easier to increase mileage then).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Today's track workout was 10x800. I averaged between 2.28/2.29 for them all on about 1.40 of rest. A month ago I averaged 2.34 so it was a huge bump.

Last week was 3x2 miles averaging 10.35. With my first race of 2016 (the Phoenix Rock n Roll half) just a few weeks out, I'm right where I was want to be.

speedySTATES
Quote Reply
Re: 2016-2017 100 Runs/100 Days Challenge Dec 15-Mar 24 [fartleker] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
fartleker wrote:
Today's track workout was 10x800. I averaged between 2.28/2.29 for them all on about 1.40 of rest. A month ago I averaged 2.34 so it was a huge bump.

Last week was 3x2 miles averaging 10.35. With my first race of 2016 (the Phoenix Rock n Roll half) just a few weeks out, I'm right where I was want to be.

Hey, cool, I'm racing that one, too. I'll likely see you there. However, sounds like after the start I will see your rapidly receding form as you zoom away during the first mile, haha :-)

-Eric
Quote Reply
Re: 2016-2017 100 Runs/100 Days Challenge Dec 15-Mar 24 [EricTheBiking] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nice! We've been having great weather. Lots of mornings in the 40s and low wind. If it holds up next weekend, we are all in for a fast morning.

speedySTATES
Quote Reply
Re: 2016-2017 100 Runs/100 Days Challenge Dec 15-Mar 24 [fartleker] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
fartleker wrote:
Nice! We've been having great weather. Lots of mornings in the 40s and low wind. If it holds up next weekend, we are all in for a fast morning.

I'll take all the help I can get!! Plus weather in the 40's sounds AMAZING (just north of Salt Lake here, so it's been in the 20's a lot).

-E
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
fartleker wrote:

I look forward to the day I can run fast again, but right now, I'm in a rehab mode, but I am positively excited by the progress of my shuffles on the treadmill. I have now gotten to the point that shuffling on the treadmill at 5 mph is quite comfortable without any leg spasms or spine discomfort. The funny thing is that aside from aerobic load, incline makes no difference in motor control (steeper incline is better motor control), so most of the runs at 5-7 mph range, at zero to 15%. Most of it is at 4%.

Last night I was cursing the guys who made the rules for the challenge. I got a 20 min run in before work (first day at a new company, so I ran out of time in the morning), so around 10 pm it was bugging me that I only did 20 min, so I went down to the treadmill, put on my vibrams (better coordination with those) and shuffled out another 15 min. The first part was so slow (barely past powerwalk speed and I am unsure if both legs were even off the ground on each stride), that I only gave myself credit for 10 more minutes. But this is progress. I am hoping that mid way through the challenge i can venture to going outside, but I don't want to mess with a good things right now and just work with what's working. I've found myself getting out of hand and competitive with the number on the "screen" and jacking up the speed to 8 mph a few times for 10 seconds or so and then realizing that my cardio will do all kinds of things that my running chassis is not yet ready for and then dialed back to 5- 6mph range. I might target 25/25 for the last 25 days hopefully at more of a regular pace for me. Currently at 15/22, but a month ago, did not think that I'd even get 15 in over 100 days, but after a year of hobbling progress has been decent..
Quote Reply
Re: 2016-2017 100 Runs/100 Days Challenge Dec 15-Mar 24 [EricTheBiking] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Apparently I'm not very tech smart - but how do you change the view in the 100/100 challenge to see the secondary sort by distance? I can't see the ranking anyway except by count of runs. Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: 2016-2017 100 Runs/100 Days Challenge Dec 15-Mar 24 [HoustonTri(er)] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
HoustonTri(er) wrote:
Apparently I'm not very tech smart - but how do you change the view in the 100/100 challenge to see the secondary sort by distance? I can't see the ranking anyway except by count of runs. Thanks

For the next few months go ahead and blame the log :-)

The secondary sort means that it's count of runs and then distance, so you'll only see it break down by distance order AFTER the count of runs matches. Does that make sense?

Full on sorting on whatever in the leaderboards is coming but it's behind some other stuff so it'll be a while.

Thank you!

-Eric
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
got it - and at least that means I'm not just incompetent and couldn't figure out how to switch views.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Glad to hear the rehab is progressing, dev...and congrats on the new gig. Will it involve less international travel? I still hope to one day meet up with you overseas for a run and / or beer.

Crawled my way on to the first page of results today after banging out another double-run day. Lunch run was cold @ 12*F, but not bad once you got going.

Chicago Cubs - 2016 WORLD SERIES Champions!!!!

"If ever the time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin." - Samuel Adams
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
yes it would be nice if the 100/100 would list by total distance and not number of runs. pretty sure that is how it used to be...
Quote Reply
Re: 2016-2017 100 Runs/100 Days Challenge Dec 15-Mar 24 [synthetic] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
synthetic wrote:
yes it would be nice if the 100/100 would list by total distance and not number of runs. pretty sure that is how it used to be...

Except, that is not the challenge. I guess you could make a new one.

Boom Nutrition code 19F4Y3 $5 off 24 pack box | Bionic Runner | PowerCranks | Velotron | Spruzzamist

Quote Reply
Re: 2016-2017 100 Runs/100 Days Challenge Dec 15-Mar 24 [synthetic] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Pretty sure the challenge results/standings are posted exactly as they have been every year I have participated.
Quote Reply
Re: 2016-2017 100 Runs/100 Days Challenge Dec 15-Mar 24 [TheKoz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TheKoz wrote:
Pretty sure the challenge results/standings are posted exactly as they have been every year I have participated.

Makes sense

I sure feel you guys pushing hard

Quote Reply
Re: 2016-2017 100 Runs/100 Days Challenge Dec 15-Mar 24 [TheKoz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You used to be able to change the order of the challenge metrics so you could compare rankings by run count, distance, Aerobic Points etc. and although yes the run challenge is 100/100 people will have different priorities depending on their training plan and it can be interesting to compare different metrics. For instance I'm at the end of a marathon training plan so multiple runs of 30 mins each day to "up" my run count numbers does me no good.
Quote Reply
Re: 2016-2017 100 Runs/100 Days Challenge Dec 15-Mar 24 [HoustonTri(er)] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
HoustonTri(er) wrote:
You used to be able to change the order of the challenge metrics so you could compare rankings by run count, distance, Aerobic Points etc. and although yes the run challenge is 100/100 people will have different priorities depending on their training plan and it can be interesting to compare different metrics. For instance I'm at the end of a marathon training plan so multiple runs of 30 mins each day to "up" my run count numbers does me no good.

This feature is coming soon to a leaderboard near you. :-)

-Eric
Quote Reply

Prev Next