Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: 2016-2017 100 Runs/100 Days Challenge Dec 15-Mar 24 [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm 8 days in a row now, and finally starting to feel "better" running. Amazing how bad you feel after not running for a couple months, and packing on some extra weight.
Quote Reply
Re: 2016-2017 100 Runs/100 Days Challenge Dec 15-Mar 24 [nickwhite] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah the consistency is great. Just what I've been needing. I think this will lead to good things!
Quote Reply
Re: 2016-2017 100 Runs/100 Days Challenge Dec 15-Mar 24 [timotheus] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
13 miles in the rain today. Probably would have just sat around inside if not for this challenge. So, thanks?
Quote Reply
Re: 2016-2017 100 Runs/100 Days Challenge Dec 15-Mar 24 [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I had already committed to being primarily a runner for 2017 so the challenge is a natural fit for me. Much easier this time around without all of that silly swimming and biking to distract me.......

Anyways, hit run number 10 today and I feel darn good.

----------------------------
Jason
None of the secrets of success will work unless you do.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dev, I'm really stoked for you. Thanks for posting this. You're an inspiration!!!

Ian

Ian Murray
http://www.TriathlonTrainingSeries.com
I like the pursuit of mastery
Twitter - @TriCoachIan
Quote Reply
Re: 2016-2017 100 Runs/100 Days Challenge Dec 15-Mar 24 [ianpeace] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks Ian....you have to tell the story about how you did the Wildflower Mtn bike triathlon in the middle of the Wildflower long course and beat the cutoff for both races by having the longer T1 transition "ever" in the long course and squeezing the mountain bike full triathlon in during T1 of the Long course race. Talk about inspiration. Slowman should do a front page article on that!

In any case at this point I am looking forward to this 2016 year just ending....Glen Fry, Prince, Bowie and George Michael gone in one year. At least I am alive even though I have been in pain and discomfort much of the year. I got another treadmill shuffle in today and a CT ride and got out on the XC ski trails (flats) and did 2 hours of upper body/core work (double poling, not really moving the legs that much).

Merry Christmas....now everyone please stay alive and healthy (yes, I am traumatized by various musicians from my teens/early 20's popping off this year).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The new format is confusing and I can't find the 100 run challenge anymore

John Snyder @URNotAsCoolAsMe
Quote Reply
Re: 2016-2017 100 Runs/100 Days Challenge Dec 15-Mar 24 [Snyderman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Why are the user names with the same number of runs no longer listed like in the old log in alphabetical order?

Dave Campbell | Facebook | @DaveECampbell | h2ofun@h2ofun.net

Boom Nutrition code 19F4Y3 $5 off 24 pack box | Bionic Runner | PowerCranks | Velotron | Spruzzamist

Lions don't lose sleep worrying about the sheep
Quote Reply
Re: 2016-2017 100 Runs/100 Days Challenge Dec 15-Mar 24 [Snyderman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
All my runs have completely disappeared from the challenge, even though I can still see them listed in my workouts. (FWIW!, I have run everyday of the challenge, so I am at 12 runs).

Kinda seems like a bad idea to make this change to the workout log in the middle of the biggest challenge ST has all year....

Chicago Cubs - 2016 WORLD SERIES Champions!!!!

"If ever the time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin." - Samuel Adams
Quote Reply
Re: 2016-2017 100 Runs/100 Days Challenge Dec 15-Mar 24 [Power13] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Agree that it seems like a bad idea in the middle of a big challenge - although I was able to get my runs up to date in the new tracker and show up accurately in the new challenge. So I'm there but very few others in the challenge are there.

It also seems like a big change was made to move to a new log that has a lot of other features listed along the right side of the page that I don't think I'll ever use but lacks some very basic things like logging workouts with hr:min:secs or tracking workouts based on miles. Wouldn't it have been easier to just launch it when it was done?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I can't find it either. Both thumbs down.
Quote Reply
Re: 2016-2017 100 Runs/100 Days Challenge Dec 15-Mar 24 [h2ofun] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I believe there is a secondary sort on time (or maybe distance?). So, the bare minimalists like me (exactly 30 minute runs every time) end up on the bottom in a group with equal run numbers.

I think that's how it works.

Travis Rassat
Vector Cycle Works
Noblesville, IN
BikeFit Instructor | FMS | F.I.S.T. | IBFI
Toughman Triathlon Series Ambassador
Quote Reply
Re: 2016-2017 100 Runs/100 Days Challenge Dec 15-Mar 24 [Travis R] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Travis R wrote:
I believe there is a secondary sort on time (or maybe distance?). So, the bare minimalists like me (exactly 30 minute runs every time) end up on the bottom in a group with equal run numbers.

I think that's how it works.

Everybody should now be in the run challenge (it's marked "100/100 for 2016/17" -- it doesn't say anything about running per se).

The secondary sorting is kinda undefined at this point. I could put whatever secondary sort in there that we think is most relevant.

And sorry, I haven't been following this thread very closely. I've been spending all my time on the new training log one.

-Eric
Quote Reply
Re: 2016-2017 100 Runs/100 Days Challenge Dec 15-Mar 24 [EricTheBiking] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
EricTheBiking wrote:
The secondary sorting is kinda undefined at this point. I could put whatever secondary sort in there that we think is most relevant.

I just posted the same to the training log thread -- I'm fairly certain the secondary sort for the old training log was by distance, which always made sense to me.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This is a great challenge and I'm excited to be a part of it. Unfortunately I was just informed that 6 of my runs didn't count because they were under 30 min. However, each run was only 2-3 minutes under the 30 minute minimum. I could've easily run the extra time if I'd known, but I'm new to the forum and didn't even know their were rules when I signed up. Can I make up these 6 runs to have them count by running the difference? Like 6 runs times 3 minutes = 18 minute run, so that those runs can count towards my goal? Or, can I just run an extra 18 minutes and then go back and adjust those runs to the 30 minutes? Appreciate your considering, and either way, it's a great challenge and I'm grateful to be a part of it. I've run 12 of the last 13 days and have never felt better.
Quote Reply
Re: 2016-2017 100 Runs/100 Days Challenge Dec 15-Mar 24 [ronaulbach] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ronaulbach wrote:
This is a great challenge and I'm excited to be a part of it. Unfortunately I was just informed that 6 of my runs didn't count because they were under 30 min. However, each run was only 2-3 minutes under the 30 minute minimum. I could've easily run the extra time if I'd known, but I'm new to the forum and didn't even know their were rules when I signed up. Can I make up these 6 runs to have them count by running the difference? Like 6 runs times 3 minutes = 18 minute run, so that those runs can count towards my goal? Or, can I just run an extra 18 minutes and then go back and adjust those runs to the 30 minutes? Appreciate your considering, and either way, it's a great challenge and I'm grateful to be a part of it. I've run 12 of the last 13 days and have never felt better.

Rules are rules. The goal is 100 run in 100 days, not 100 days of running.

Now, by the rules, if you wait at least an hour between runs, you can do more than one a day, as long as each is at least 30 minutes.

Unless you use one rule for back to back, if one is at least 15 minutes, you can run the next day, at least 45, and count them on each day for a minimum of 30.

Boom Nutrition code 19F4Y3 $5 off 24 pack box | Bionic Runner | PowerCranks | Velotron | Spruzzamist

Quote Reply
Re: 2016-2017 100 Runs/100 Days Challenge Dec 15-Mar 24 [ronaulbach] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ronaulbach wrote:

Sorry the rules are in the first post of this thread since the first day. The Front page article provided a link to the first post of this thread. So sorry if you missed that. Having said that, nothing is stopping anyone from going and editing any fiction they want to enter in the log. At the end of the day it is all honor system. If you did not actually do what is counted in the rules, do you want to do edits just because you missed the rules or do you want to suck it up and live with it?

To me that would be like saying, "Well I arrived late for the start of my wave and started 200m behind everyone so before the turnaround buoy I cut out 100m before the turn to equalize the 200m extra I did because I was stuck on shore and did not get up to the in water start line on time.

Sorry if it sounds a bit hard nosed. It's really up to you if you want to play with the rules that apply to everyone or if you want to apply your own house rules to yourself but still be in the challenge spreadsheet with everyone else playing with the same rules. I realize it kind of sucks, but if we let you go, then every day someone will come asking for a waiver.

By the way, thanks for playing with us, and I really do appreciate you participating and I'm sorry you missed the first rules. 30 minutes has always been the threshold. We've joked around that Mo Farah could win the olympics 10,000m and do a victory lap and even that would not count for the 30 min minimum....he'd have to out and do another victory lap or 2 to get over the top!
Last edited by: devashish_paul: Dec 27, 16 18:44
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
devashish_paul wrote:
ronaulbach wrote:

Sorry the rules are in the first post of this thread since the first day. The Front page article provided a link to the first post of this thread. So sorry if you missed that. Having said that, nothing is stopping anyone from going and editing any fiction they want to enter in the log. At the end of the day it is all honor system. If you did not actually do what is counted in the rules, do you want to do edits just because you missed the rules or do you want to suck it up and live with it?

To me that would be like saying, "Well I arrived late for the start of my wave and started 200m behind everyone so before the turnaround buoy I cut out 100m before the turn to equalize the 200m extra I did because I was stuck on shore and did not get up to the in water start line on time.

Sorry if it sounds a bit hard nosed. It's really up to you if you want to play with the rules that apply to everyone or if you want to apply your own house rules to yourself but still be in the challenge spreadsheet with everyone else playing with the same rules. I realize it kind of sucks, but if we let you go, then every day someone will come asking for a waiver.

By the way, thanks for playing with us, and I really do appreciate you participating and I'm sorry you missed the first rules. 30 minutes has always been the threshold. We've joked around that Mo Farah could win the olympics 10,000m and do a victory lap and even that would not count for the 30 min minimum....he'd have to out and do another victory lap or 2 to get over the top!

Best example of this I was thinking was a lesson most of us learned in school. Remember the test that the teacher said read all the instructions before you start.
Well most did not since they were all working hard on each question, but a few somehow got done so fast turning the test into the teacher. When the majority got
to the bottom of the test, it said, ignore the questions, just sign your name and turn it in.

I never forgot that learning experience.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm not editing my old runs as "fiction" or creating my own rules. It was a simple question, I'm new here and signed up not even realizing there were rules or this thread. I'll catch up with two a days, no worries.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ronaulbach wrote:
I'm not editing my old runs as "fiction" or creating my own rules. It was a simple question, I'm new here and signed up not even realizing there were rules or this thread. I'll catch up with two a days, no worries.

Sorry if I came across a bit over the top on this. After 10 years of having the challenge around here, something like this always comes up, so the simple thing is to ask everyone to look at the rules. Every year, for around a month before the challenge starts we also have an "airiing of the grievances thread" which is part joke, part discussion. We've had many minor tweaks of the rules through this medium without hopefully changing the spirit of things, but once the challenge starts then we've never had any waivers and stuck with the rules. I don't know how many times many of us have done extra laps around the parking lot at work to make the 30 minutes, or told family that we'll be 3-5 min late for XYZ event just to make the minimum. There have been 1000's of instances of athletes who have gone out of their way to make the minimum. I've had overall race winners at the local winter tri going out and jogging an extra 12-13 minutes to "make the minimum". So you can see why things get a bit inflexible on this front.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm in. Came in late so had to retroactively log my workouts.

Damn, some of you are keeners! I ran every day and am at barely half the number of the leaders.
Quote Reply
Re: 2016-2017 100 Runs/100 Days Challenge Dec 15-Mar 24 [Kula] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Kula wrote:
I just posted the same to the training log thread -- I'm fairly certain the secondary sort for the old training log was by distance, which always made sense to me.

This is in place now for the 100 runs challenge. :-)

-Eric
Quote Reply
Re: 2016-2017 100 Runs/100 Days Challenge Dec 15-Mar 24 [EricTheBiking] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
EricTheBiking wrote:
Kula wrote:

This is in place now for the 100 runs challenge. :-)
-Eric

Just saw that. Thanks! And duration with seconds, too.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks for adding the seconds back in.

I was on a roll to start off the challenge but ended up sick and had to take most of yesterday (only one run in the am) and all of today off. I'm hoping the day of complete rest will get me back on my feet tomorrow. It stinks to watch my name slide down the leaderboard...
Quote Reply
Re: 2016-2017 100 Runs/100 Days Challenge Dec 15-Mar 24 [TheKoz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for doing the new log. I haven't explored much but it seems to be working well, even for the likes of me; just guessing, but I think that I have the IT skills that are commensurate with... probably my old dog.

I'm happy to have gotten off to a good start - need to get in a bunch, including some two-a-days, while I have some time away from work. I'm bound to miss a few days along the way. Good luck to all.
Quote Reply

Prev Next