Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: 2016-2017 100 Runs/100 Days Challenge Dec 15-Mar 24 [RayP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just going to ask this here, instead of creating a thread. When I'm logged into Garmin Connect and go to CALENDAR, and then do the weekly or month view it will should each day.... but it only shows the weekly totals to the right. Is there a way to get it to populate what you did each day in its respective square on the calendar? Maybe I'm just blind, but I don't see anything to click to enable to view it that way and/or weekly totals.
Quote Reply
Re: 2016-2017 100 Runs/100 Days Challenge Dec 15-Mar 24 [mstange22] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mstange22 wrote:
h2ofun wrote:
Stupid challenge. I never run in the rain. But because of this challenge, I ran for an hour in the rain this morning. Needed the hour so I can do just 15 minutes
on the treadmill tomorrow.

So if I get this right, I would not put in 60 today and 15 tomorrow, I would wait until tomorrow, make sure I get my 15 minute run in,
then put in 37.5 for yesterday, and 37.5 for today, assuming it is tomorrow?

You didn't need the hour. 45 + 15 works. The rules say that it should be the 15 min run followed by the 45 min run the next day, but I guess it really doesn't matter.

I would just log it as 45 for today and 30 for tomorrow. Or just run 30 minutes tomorrow.

Seems to me does not matter the order. 2 times a work you can span 4 days.
Since I try to run long 3 days a week, I plan to span 2 days a week so I just do 2 15 minute brick days. Will just have to do one 30 minute treadmill day for the 7th, or a quickie outside

Dave Campbell | Facebook | @DaveECampbell | h2ofun@h2ofun.net

Boom Nutrition code 19F4Y3 $5 off 24 pack box | Bionic Runner | PowerCranks | Velotron | Spruzzamist

Lions don't lose sleep worrying about the sheep
Quote Reply
Re: 2016-2017 100 Runs/100 Days Challenge Dec 15-Mar 24 [h2ofun] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
h2ofun wrote:
mstange22 wrote:
h2ofun wrote:
Stupid challenge. I never run in the rain. But because of this challenge, I ran for an hour in the rain this morning. Needed the hour so I can do just 15 minutes
on the treadmill tomorrow.

So if I get this right, I would not put in 60 today and 15 tomorrow, I would wait until tomorrow, make sure I get my 15 minute run in,
then put in 37.5 for yesterday, and 37.5 for today, assuming it is tomorrow?

You didn't need the hour. 45 + 15 works. The rules say that it should be the 15 min run followed by the 45 min run the next day, but I guess it really doesn't matter.

I would just log it as 45 for today and 30 for tomorrow. Or just run 30 minutes tomorrow.

Seems to me does not matter the order. 2 times a work you can span 4 days.
Since I try to run long 3 days a week, I plan to span 2 days a week so I just do 2 15 minute brick days. Will just have to do one 30 minute treadmill day for the 7th, or a quickie outside

Dev's rules say: "What we will allow is twice per week have two days where 15 min counts provided you make up the time the NEXT day

It says NEXT in caps so it seems like the order does matter. You have to run at least 45 minutes the day after the 15.
Quote Reply
Re: 2016-2017 100 Runs/100 Days Challenge Dec 15-Mar 24 [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Way to start this challenge on a crazy first winter deep freeze day Dev!! At -25 degree (with wind chill) in the National Capital Region, I felt like an ice cube after my run.

Winning aside, thanks for doing this! Hope recovery is going well.

Cheers!
Minh
Quote Reply
Re: 2016-2017 100 Runs/100 Days Challenge Dec 15-Mar 24 [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for getting us going Dev. I logged two today before the rain his Los Angeles. It's coming down pretty steady now and I'm STOKED to run in the rain tomorrow morning. I'm on for year six or seven of Platinum and excited!!!

Ian

Ian Murray
http://www.TriathlonTrainingSeries.com
I like the pursuit of mastery
Twitter - @TriCoachIan
Quote Reply
Re: 2016-2017 100 Runs/100 Days Challenge Dec 15-Mar 24 [ianpeace] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'll make a commitment to this thread to at least get on the treadmill daily and walk/shuffle on a flat to 15% incline as part of my rehab for 10-15 min. Today I covered 3K over 22 minutes. Does not count for the challenge, but that's fine. This is decent progress.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
After 2 seasons of just watching the board, I'm in for the challenge this year!

Of course, right off the bat, I'm feeling behind because I: 1) moved from sea level to 5300 ft 2 weeks ago, 2) haven't run since my last race 6 weeks ago, and 3) went to happy hour tonight to get to know my colleagues from at my new job, then tried to run right after. As a result, today's 31 min were quite a slog. But I made it, and look forward to seeing what the next 99 days do for all of us!

"Test everything, cling to what is good." - St. Paul
Last edited by: Natros: Dec 15, 16 20:16
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Between the Guppy and this challenge, I have my hands full. Please don't start a Bike challenge.
Quote Reply
Re: 2016-2017 100 Runs/100 Days Challenge Dec 15-Mar 24 [guscrown] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I feel the same..
Signed up a short while ago with the intend of joining the 100/100 challenge, saw the guppy challenge as well and couldn't resist..

Got my first run in yesterday, second will be this afternoon after work.. I'm just happy it's not as cold here, not even freezing!
Quote Reply
Re: 2016-2017 100 Runs/100 Days Challenge Dec 15-Mar 24 [guscrown] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hmmm... How about "100 days of Sufferlandria" starting January 1? :)

It's been a few years since I've done the 100/100, so thank you to Dev and the rest of the ST community for doing and supporting this.

I'm about 8 weeks post bike accident/severe concussion and still struggling with symptoms, but will try to do what I can. In the last two weeks, I've only done a few light runs, mostly walk/jog interval workouts no more than 20 minutes total, usually mixed with some functional movement work. Logged an easy straight 30 minute run on the treadmill last night to start the challenge off. Seemed to do alright so will see what today brings and if another one can happen tonight.

Travis Rassat
Vector Cycle Works
Noblesville, IN
BikeFit Instructor | FMS | F.I.S.T. | IBFI
Toughman Triathlon Series Ambassador
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
guscrown wrote:
Between the Guppy and this challenge, I have my hands full. Please don't start a Bike challenge.

I think H2Ofun is advocating the "lose 1 lbs per week" challenge. 100/100 is technically a feeder challenge to that one so you are kind of doing both at the same time". It might help with the kilos part of your biking watts per kilo. I can't say it will help with watts but you never know if you do a ton of steep running hill work, I have found my climbing wattage goes up (N=1 anecdotal, don't believe a word I say as it might be placebo self confirmation bias to convince me that I am not losing bike mileage on long business trips and just doing hills on the run to replace riding)..
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
devashish_paul wrote:
guscrown wrote:

I think H2Ofun is advocating the "lose 1 lbs per week" challenge. 100/100 is technically a feeder challenge to that one so you are kind of doing both at the same time". It might help with the kilos part of your biking watts per kilo. I can't say it will help with watts but you never know if you do a ton of steep running hill work, I have found my climbing wattage goes up (N=1 anecdotal, don't believe a word I say as it might be placebo self confirmation bias to convince me that I am not losing bike mileage on long business trips and just doing hills on the run to replace riding)..

For weight lose, folks just need to look in the mirror and decide if they are real serious about racing, and if so a doughnut around the waist does not cut it.

Weight loose should be, IMO, our number 1 focus for health, let alone if one wants to be the best athlete one can be.

So far I am staying about 3 lbs below race weight during these holidays, and I am eating all the cookies and ice cream I want. Keeping up the exercise sure helps.
Also not sitting most of the day and walking up and down stairs in my house all day long helps.

Now, too bad there is not a bike challenge. Since I ride 7 days a week on the trainers for 90 minutes, would be easy. :)

Just did my first ever 30 minute treadmill run. Boy is that boring, and a real test mentally. But, sure warmer and drier than outside.

Boom Nutrition code 19F4Y3 $5 off 24 pack box | Bionic Runner | PowerCranks | Velotron | Spruzzamist

Quote Reply
Re: 2016-2017 100 Runs/100 Days Challenge Dec 15-Mar 24 [Callin'] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
.tcx uploads aren't working for me either.

bummer
Quote Reply
Re: 2016-2017 100 Runs/100 Days Challenge Dec 15-Mar 24 [robin, run] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm also in after watching from the sidelines for the last few years. Have worked my way up to 5 days/wk running and will hopefully get in some weeks of 6 runs (trying the famed BarryP method) starting in Jan, so I'm aiming for the Silver level. We'll see, will be happy at this point just to keep consistency and stay mostly injury-free.

Happy running!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm both too. The guppy challenge won't be an issue since I've been swimming a decent amount. The run challenge will really be a challenge since I've been dealing with Plantar Fasciitis symptoms for the last few months.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Dev, that's what the 100/100 Challenge can be for anyone. Yes, we have rules, I like the one's you've set. But for your current situation or for those just getting going with running the inspiration of the Challenge can still be there no matter how you follow and get drawn along.

Just a side note...I want to celebrate that fact that I'm on the top of the board right now at this very moment. I'm gonna drink that in 'cuz I KNOW it won't last.

Ian
Quote Reply
Re: 2016-2017 100 Runs/100 Days Challenge Dec 15-Mar 24 [ianpeace] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I got another 22 min walk-shuffle on the treadmill at average 7 min per K, incline ranging from 0 to 15 percent. It won't count for the challenge but I'll have several outings that count. Tomorrow I will try to head out with snowshoes with poles which I think will actually be easier than shuffling on the treadmill due to the softness of the snow. The main thing is getting out on my feet and making forward progress. I agree it can be everything to everyone whether i crank off 100 days in a row 1000K, or barely shuffle 1-3 K per day.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dev, how is it possible we have folks with 4 activities listed, when we are only into our 3rd day?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So, help me out. How do you have 4 activities listed when we are only into our 3rd day? And for today, where do you live you already have your run in?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am reading the rules and do not understand how some are recording.

I see many with 3 or 4 runs listed in 2 days of time. I assumed that when I read the frequency listing, it would show how many days ones has run
compared to when we started, and for a maximum of 100 at the end not how many per day.

But if one can record doubles for frequency, this implies one could run only 50 days, 2 per day, record 2 per each of those 50 days, and it would look
like the person did 100.

So, am I missing something?

The goal of this I thought was frequency, so do double stuff seems to make no sense other than recording as a single day with greater volume, not more "days"
as many have listed now.

Recording 2 in a day and having it show up as if one has run more days totally takes the fun at looking at folks results away.

Again, am I missing something?

Quote Reply
Re: 2016-2017 100 Runs/100 Days Challenge Dec 15-Mar 24 [h2ofun] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You can run 2x or more per day as long as there is 1 hour in between runs. In theory the maximum number of runs you could do in a single day is 16 runs. It's not the intent of the challenge but within the rules you have the option to do that.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am reading the rules

Apparently not. Read the part about double runs. It's 100 runs/100 days and a "run" has been well defined.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
devashish_paul wrote:
You can run 2x or more per day as long as there is 1 hour in between runs. In theory the maximum number of runs you could do in a single day is 16 runs. It's not the intent of the challenge but within the rules you have the option to do that.

Dev, you missed the question.

Frequency is what I thought this challenge was. Frequency is NOT the number of runs in 100 days. Frequency is how many days of running in 100 you do.
Should not matter if you 1 or 100 runs in a day, it is max one day for a run. If you want to track number if runs, then this whole challenge is not setup correctly.

So if you tell me you can only record a max of 2 runs per day, then great, I can do 2 15 minute runs per day with an hour in between and get 200.

So, do you get the question?

Quote Reply
Re: 2016-2017 100 Runs/100 Days Challenge Dec 15-Mar 24 [schroeder] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
schroeder wrote:
I am reading the rules

Apparently not. Read the part about double runs. It's 100 runs/100 days and a "run" has been well defined.

Not that way I read.

If says, as example, if you run 15 on day, and 45 the next, you record 30 for each day.

Now, if one can record 2 runs a day with an hour apart, great, I just totally change my process. Rather than seeing if I can run 100 times for 100 days in a row
I now only need to run 50 days, 2 times per each of these days for 15 minutes to get 100, great, just a totally different challenge, and so so much easier than
what I thought a 100/100 was. I like easier stuff.

But based on this, what happens if someone gets over 100? I just thought 100 was the max possible, which if how you read the rules is correct, is not.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Okay, I just reread the "rules" again. I guess this challenge is a lot easier than I thought. So, my suggestion then is you change the column that says frequency
to number of runs. If it is labeled that way, then I understand the challenge, which would not be frequency, as you have currently listed.

I guess the next challenge is can one get the 100 runs in by running the first 50 days? Technically, yep.

So, I just change my strategy now and no longer worry about having to get a 30 minute run in.

This challenge is now so so much easier than I thought it was going to be.

Quote Reply

Prev Next