Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: 2016-2017 100 Runs/100 Days Challenge Dec 15-Mar 24 [thugbuster] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ditto. First tried earlier this afternoon and again this eve with the same results.
Quote Reply
Re: 2016-2017 100 Runs/100 Days Challenge Dec 15-Mar 24 [gym] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No bueno. Can't log on or get to log. You are not alone. But... are we all alone together? That would be down right tragic. #milesAreNotLost #onlyFound

Hillary Trout
San Luis Obispo, CA

Your trip is short. Make the most of it.
https://www.slogoing.net/
Quote Reply
Re: 2016-2017 100 Runs/100 Days Challenge Dec 15-Mar 24 [SLOgoing] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
have adopted a Dickensian pen and paper approach
Quote Reply
Re: 2016-2017 100 Runs/100 Days Challenge Dec 15-Mar 24 [Power13] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Power13 wrote:
Yes, we are on day 65....unfortunately I am gonna drop a bit this weekend. I got through run 69 this AM, but have been fighting some L heel pain the last couple of weeks. Pretty much identical to the pain in my right foot in November, which my podiatrist said was a nerve entrapment. A shot of cortisone fixed it.

Saw same podiatrist today, diagnosed same issue. Ultrasound showed the inflammation along the nerve so I got a cortisone shot. No running for the weekend....which sucks because it is gonna be in the 60's here in Chicago for the next 4 days. Ugh...

So I'm gonna drop to only being 2 runs up vs. # of days, but hopefully this fixes the issue and I am good to go for the rest of the challenge.

Hey can you share details of your cortisone shot in your foot. Was it in the tarsel tunnel? In any case, I am going to take today off from running. I had a bunch of days last week with snowshoe run at one point in the day and treadmill jog the other part of the day. It did not seem like much at the time, but my legs are pretty heavy. On top of that, I swam every day. Not sure why, other than I was enjoying it all since I have no reason to train other than for the sake of training.
Last edited by: devashish_paul: Feb 20, 17 6:12
Quote Reply
Re: 2016-2017 100 Runs/100 Days Challenge Dec 15-Mar 24 [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey dev...the injection was to my left lateral calcaneal nerve. The pain was on the the bottom of my left heel, but towards the outside, nit directly underneath the heel. Based on how the pain presented itself, the doc did not feel it was PF. He did an ultrasound and was able to follow the nerve and identity some inflation around it.

I had the same issue on my right side in late November and the cortisone seemed to resolve it. I tend to supinate when I run and we feel that may be part of the issue...combined with overall run volume.

Ran this AM for 30 minutes...still some residual discomfort, but nowhere near what it was before the shot. I seem to recall it being similar on my right side as well, so I am cautiously optimistic. Going to a second 30' run this afternoon to "get one back". Wink

Chicago Cubs - 2016 WORLD SERIES Champions!!!!

"If ever the time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin." - Samuel Adams
Quote Reply
Re: 2016-2017 100 Runs/100 Days Challenge Dec 15-Mar 24 [konaboysteve] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
konaboysteve wrote:
Ditto. First tried earlier this afternoon and again this eve with the same results.

Sorry about that, everyone. My hosting company got me :-)

It's back up, and I'll fix it so that a maintenance reboot doesn't leave us dead in the water.

-Eric
Quote Reply
Re: 2016-2017 100 Runs/100 Days Challenge Dec 15-Mar 24 [EricTheBiking] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for all your efforts Eric!
Quote Reply
Re: 2016-2017 100 Runs/100 Days Challenge Dec 15-Mar 24 [Power13] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Power13 wrote:
Hey dev...the injection was to my left lateral calcaneal nerve. The pain was on the the bottom of my left heel, but towards the outside, nit directly underneath the heel. Based on how the pain presented itself, the doc did not feel it was PF. He did an ultrasound and was able to follow the nerve and identity some inflation around it.

I had the same issue on my right side in late November and the cortisone seemed to resolve it. I tend to supinate when I run and we feel that may be part of the issue...combined with overall run volume.

Ran this AM for 30 minutes...still some residual discomfort, but nowhere near what it was before the shot. I seem to recall it being similar on my right side as well, so I am cautiously optimistic. Going to a second 30' run this afternoon to "get one back". Wink

Wow are things coming along?

Over here, I got up to 100/100 rate recently with all the recent snow we had and doing soft impact snowshoe running (cardio through the roof, easy on the joints......6-8 kph is generally the speed!!!) and I was supplementing with real running. It really was awesome. But with the big melt down this week, I took Monday off running to intentionally fall behind "pace". Its too addictive to be on "pave", but I still jogged every day the rest of the week. I am thinking that I should take another day "off" running today and stick to the pool and keep the big picture in mind. Last year at this time I could not walk across the room to get a coffee without crutches, so probably better to remember where I came from rather than get too excited about where things are going.

One of the nice things about running so "slow" for me is that with all my swimming my cardio is in great shape. My heart can deliver a ton of oxygen to the legs, way beyond what the legs can tax my heart, so the outcome is those working muscles while running are fully saturated with a good oxygen supply, meaning they are always working in a low workzone range so I am never sore or in any pain after runs. Hmmmmm maybe that's what I should be doing anyway!
Quote Reply
Re: 2016-2017 100 Runs/100 Days Challenge Dec 15-Mar 24 [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hello Fellow 100/100 runners.
Well today my Mom lost her fight with lung disease at age 90 and being on a oxygen generator for the last 2 1/2 years. We made it though some tough stuff. She stayed here in her home until the last hour. This run challenge has really help me get through some not so fun parts of life. Thanks for the diversion and keeping me on the run for last 76 days. Early mornings, late at night often in pouring rain in one of the wettest years here in California I've plodded on. I've gone from 200 lbs down to 180.1 lbs and always checking my stubborn scale after every run. I hope to finish up all 100 days in my Mom's memory. Big thanks to all the Fire Fighters, EMT, Doctors, Nurses for making our world a better place...Angels among us.
Hug your loved ones!!
-d
Last edited by: Power Giant: Feb 27, 17 22:55
Quote Reply
Re: 2016-2017 100 Runs/100 Days Challenge Dec 15-Mar 24 [Power Giant] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Power Giant wrote:
Hello Fellow 100/100 runners.

Well today my Mom lost her fight with lung disease at age 90 and being on a oxygen generator for the last 2 1/2 years. We made it though some tough stuff. She stayed here in her home until the last hour. This run challenge has really help me get through some not so fun parts of life. Thanks for the diversion and keeping me on the run for last 76 days. Early mornings, late at night often in pouring rain in one of the wettest years here in California I've plodded on. I've gone from 200 lbs down to 180.1 lbs and always checking my stubborn scale after every run. I hope to finish up all 100 days in my Mom's memory. Big thanks to all the Fire Fighters, EMT, Doctors, Nurses for making our world a better place...Angels among us.
Hug your loved ones!!
-d

Hey, thanks for participating. I am guessing your mom would be happy to see you energized like this even while going through a hard part of life. Congrats on shaving it down to 180 lbs.

DAY 75,

run everyone in memory of the mom of our fellow runners. The Mitochondria genetic that makes us aerobic junkies/freaks comes from mom's side.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I had one of those amazing runs today....I didn't run until 4:20pm and I choose to head up to the fire trial the follows the mountain ridges above our home. It's crisp for LA - which means 60 deg (~15c). I had just got out of the pool after an easy 2k and was still feeling pretty warm so I went no shirt, no socks, just shorts and shoes - I even forgot my watch. I had runners high for like 20min of this 42 min run. I don't think my feet touched the ground that whole time. My mind was calm, I had a more relaxed version of Natasha Badmann's smile - phenomenal.

I want to thank you all for being in the mix on this streak. I only know a few of your personally but knowing you're hear, this community - it's what makes me start the streak, fuels the reluctant days and delivers me to runs like today. Thank you.

Ian
Quote Reply
Re: 2016-2017 100 Runs/100 Days Challenge Dec 15-Mar 24 [ianpeace] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ianpeace wrote:
I had one of those amazing runs today....I didn't run until 4:20pm and I choose to head up to the fire trial the follows the mountain ridges above our home. It's crisp for LA - which means 60 deg (~15c). I had just got out of the pool after an easy 2k and was still feeling pretty warm so I went no shirt, no socks, just shorts and shoes - I even forgot my watch. I had runners high for like 20min of this 42 min run. I don't think my feet touched the ground that whole time. My mind was calm, I had a more relaxed version of Natasha Badmann's smile - phenomenal.

I want to thank you all for being in the mix on this streak. I only know a few of your personally but knowing you're hear, this community - it's what makes me start the streak, fuels the reluctant days and delivers me to runs like today. Thank you.

Ian

Ian, awesome, to have you on board again....now we are down to our final 3 weeks. Home stretch. I can smell the finish line and quite thankful that I have graduated from shuffling to jogging to actual running albeit largely on a treadmill where there is more cushion for my disk/nerve injury and every week things are getting a bit better and I can run outdoors slowly to "moderate" a bit more but not really much. But I THINK by end of summer, I should be able to consistently run outdoors (we'll see). This weekend, I will hit an indoor track to see if the softer surface of the track is almost as good as a treadmill.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
so today with 2 runs i hit 101 on my log. but on the challenge listing it says i only did 80... i assume when they were doing the training log website updates, for the 100 runs challenge it missed my first 20 runs...
Quote Reply
Re: 2016-2017 100 Runs/100 Days Challenge Dec 15-Mar 24 [synthetic] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don't know the problem. I assume they are all 30 minutes each or greater? All your runs from the old log will have been pulled over, so it should not be that either. If Eric sees this I am sure he will chime in. Did you file them all as "running"? I know for me a few times, I have filed them by mistake as Road cycling (I think this is the first option on the list) and then had to edit it to show as running. There were also a few outings that I listed as Snowshoeing vs Snowshoe Running, resulting in the challenge not counting them!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
devashish_paul wrote:
I don't know the problem. I assume they are all 30 minutes each or greater? All your runs from the old log will have been pulled over, so it should not be that either. If Eric sees this I am sure he will chime in. Did you file them all as "running"? I know for me a few times, I have filed them by mistake as Road cycling (I think this is the first option on the list) and then had to edit it to show as running. There were also a few outings that I listed as Snowshoeing vs Snowshoe Running, resulting in the challenge not counting them!

hmm perhaps my 5k's, obviously under 30 minutes were not being counted, i thought that would be irrelevant as long as total day out put equals 30 minutes you are fine. i do a 5k with another 7 or more miles some other time in the day
Quote Reply
Re: 2016-2017 100 Runs/100 Days Challenge Dec 15-Mar 24 [synthetic] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Did you follow the directions on how to input runs that have one part less than 30, and another that or the next day great than the total of two days over 60?
The spreadsheet does not do that, you have to manually enter the data in correctly. If you enter in a run less than 30, it does not count.

If you run less than 30, then longer in the day, you still only get 1 run in the day since you have to enter it as a single run. If you entered a 5 K, meaning less
than 30, then later in the day a longer greater than 30, you only get 1 run for the day.

So how did you enter data and what were you run times that you say were not counted correctly?

Dave Campbell | Facebook | @DaveECampbell | h2ofun@h2ofun.net

Boom Nutrition code 19F4Y3 $5 off 24 pack box | Bionic Runner | PowerCranks | Velotron | Spruzzamist

Lions don't lose sleep worrying about the sheep
Quote Reply
Re: 2016-2017 100 Runs/100 Days Challenge Dec 15-Mar 24 [h2ofun] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
h2ofun wrote:
Did you follow the directions on how to input runs that have one part less than 30, and another that or the next day great than the total of two days over 60?
The spreadsheet does not do that, you have to manually enter the data in correctly. If you enter in a run less than 30, it does not count.

If you run less than 30, then longer in the day, you still only get 1 run in the day since you have to enter it as a single run. If you entered a 5 K, meaning less
than 30, then later in the day a longer greater than 30, you only get 1 run for the day.

So how did you enter data and what were you run times that you say were not counted correctly?

That is annoying if true .. defeats the purpose of accurate logging, each work out varies in intensity and distance. I now feel like I wasted my time these 80 or whatever days
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
synthetic wrote:
h2ofun wrote:

That is annoying if true .. defeats the purpose of accurate logging, each work out varies in intensity and distance. I now feel like I wasted my time these 80 or whatever days

What I wrote is what the rules said from day one.

I put my "actual" stuff into Strava. I adjust, if needed, to enter via ST to meet the rules.

Boom Nutrition code 19F4Y3 $5 off 24 pack box | Bionic Runner | PowerCranks | Velotron | Spruzzamist

Quote Reply
Re: 2016-2017 100 Runs/100 Days Challenge Dec 15-Mar 24 [h2ofun] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
h2ofun wrote:
synthetic wrote:
h2ofun wrote:

I put my "actual" stuff into Strava. I adjust, if needed, to enter via ST to meet the rules.

yea... i read the rules as 30 minutes need to average out every day. so 15 for one and 45 next day you are ok. im not sure i want to go back adjusting every workout to what you say needs to be done in the log. is there anything to be won here?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
synthetic wrote:
h2ofun wrote:
synthetic wrote:
h2ofun wrote:

Just ego

I gave up with that a month plus ago. Was not healthy

yea... i read the rules as 30 minutes need to average out every day. so 15 for one and 45 next day you are ok. im not sure i want to go back adjusting every workout to what you say needs to be done in the log. is there anything to be won here?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
i guess i can go back and adjust my workouts to take time off my longer run into the shorter run on the same day. but then one workout will look like 20min mile the other 2 min miles. (adjusting the distances will be a PITA too) but i guess that is ok?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
synthetic wrote:
so today with 2 runs i hit 101 on my log. but on the challenge listing it says i only did 80... i assume when they were doing the training log website updates, for the 100 runs challenge it missed my first 20 runs...

Hey yeah, don't let that kind of nonsense rest! There shouldn't have been any missing workouts for anybody, and so if you want me to take a look, I can do it.

There currently is a hard 30-minute limit on them for inclusion, no matter what the rules may say, fyi :-)

Thanks,

-Eric
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
synthetic wrote:

I'm not saying it's impossible to figure this out, in other words, to write some form of aggregation logic into the challenge query, but it's currently written as basically

"give me every workout for the user in the challenge period where the workout's activity type is Running and the duration is >= 30 minutes."

to do the aggregation in one go with sql, it's quite a bit tougher, more like,

"give me every workout for the user in the challenge period where the workout's activity type is Running and the sum of the duration grouped by day is >= 30 minutes"... I think.

Or maybe I'm just an idiot and it's as easy as that. LOL :-)

Anyway, please don't feel like your time was wasted!!

-E
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
synthetic wrote:
i guess i can go back and adjust my workouts to take time off my longer run into the shorter run on the same day. but then one workout will look like 20min mile the other 2 min miles. (adjusting the distances will be a PITA too) but i guess that is ok?

It would have been just easier if you read the first post and entered things spread over the two days like was explained back around 15th Dec 2016. So rather than enter 15-45 you should have entered 30 + 30 (it's up to you if you want to adjust the distances too). So just go back and do it. It's not that hard to edit them and likely easier for Eric
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
devashish_paul wrote:
synthetic wrote:

It would have been just easier if you read the first post and entered things spread over the two days like was explained back around 15th Dec 2016. So rather than enter 15-45 you should have entered 30 + 30 (it's up to you if you want to adjust the distances too). So just go back and do it. It's not that hard to edit them and likely easier for Eric

And some gave me a bad time when I was asking questions to make sure I fully understand the rules and processes, especially around this specific issue. :)

Quote Reply

Prev Next