Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

2015 Zipp Tangente Speed clinchers, feedback
Quote | Reply
Anyone riding these? Whats your overall thoughts.
Quote Reply
Re: 2015 Zipp Tangente Speed clinchers, feedback [125mph] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've tested them on the rollers and my results matched well with Tom A.s, very fast rolling tires. Look aero but who knows? I've done some VE testing but don't think I can get sufficient resolution of data to bother testing. Pretty thin tread. On my third ride with my front (Speed 23) while riding to a TT I hit an object on the road and flatted. Tire now has a cut on it most of the way through casing. Really no way to be sure if this was just bad luck or the tire is too fragile to trust for general racing. With a little duct tape reinforcement on the inside and super glue the cut is holding, wouldn't use it as a racing tire now but am going to ride it as a training tire on the front and see what happens and then decide if I trust it for racing.

Fast, yes. Flat resistant? Not an encouraging start.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have 210 miles on mine. Mostly race miles but some ride-to-race miles on city streets and rough roads. No problems. No visible cuts.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've raced a couple 70.3's with mine and used them in several training rides. One flat so far on a training ride but it happened after riding over an unexpected patch of unpaved road too quickly. No cuts so far, they seem pretty solid.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have a pair and so far really like them. They appear to have a nice fit on wide rims. One thing I observed is that their size measurements are accurate on wide wheels like the fire rest. 23c is 23c.
Quote Reply