Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
2015 USAT Long Course Tri Nationals
Quote | Reply
Does anyone know what time of year that the location is typically announced for the Long Course national championship? This season's race plans are a bust, so I'm starting to think about next year. I know that the 2016 ITU Long Course Worlds is in OKC. That's an easy drive from Dallas, so I was hoping to see if the qualifier is going to be something I could save up to travel to next year. Unfortunately, I haven't found anything announced for the qualifier, and USAT didn't respond when I emailed them.
Quote Reply
Re: 2015 USAT Long Course Tri Nationals [krull_etc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This year's Long Course Nationals was anounced last year on November 8th... the previous year's race date/venue was announced November 20th.
Last edited by: joggernut: Jul 3, 14 13:19
Quote Reply
Re: 2015 USAT Long Course Tri Nationals [joggernut] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
thanks for the info! I guess I'll wait for November. Hopefully, it will end up being something doable.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Bump....

November draws near. Anyone heard anything / insider info?
Quote Reply
Re: 2015 USAT Long Course Tri Nationals [Naps a lot] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Still nothing..

FWIW, 2012 race was in October (Rev 3 SC) and qualed for 2014 summer race
2013 race was in May (Grand Rapids) and qualed for 2015 summer race
2016 is Worlds is a FALL race in OK.. I wonder if USAT will use a fall qualifier? If they use a spring qualifier it will be a LONG time between qual and worlds.

Austin Hardy -

Quote Reply
Re: 2015 USAT Long Course Tri Nationals [Aust1227] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Aust1227 wrote:
Still nothing..

FWIW, 2012 race was in October (Rev 3 SC) and qualed for 2014 summer race
2013 race was in May (Grand Rapids) and qualed for 2015 summer race
2016 is Worlds is a FALL race in OK.. I wonder if USAT will use a fall qualifier? If they use a spring qualifier it will be a LONG time between qual and worlds.

2012 was at Redman in October qualified for a June race in France
2013 was at Rev3 SC in October
2014 was at GR in June
Quote Reply
Re: 2015 USAT Long Course Tri Nationals [jaretj] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Looks like it's due to go out west.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Naps a lot wrote:
Looks like it's due to go out west.

Nah, seems USAT has something against west coast nationals. :o)

Dave Campbell | Facebook | @DaveECampbell | h2ofun@h2ofun.net

Boom Nutrition code 19F4Y3 $5 off 24 pack box | Bionic Runner | PowerCranks | Velotron | Spruzzamist

Lions don't lose sleep worrying about the sheep
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If I had to guess I would say it would be at Redman next year but again, that's only a guess.
Quote Reply
Re: 2015 USAT Long Course Tri Nationals [jaretj] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I won't criticize USAT since I don't know their internal process, but it seems to me that they could spin up interest for next year if they would at least post which cities/races have bid for the rights ... sort of like all the discussion about which location would win the new southeast IM before Chattanooga was announced. But maybe there is only one contender. Redman makes sense from a racing perspective, but who really wants to travel there once, let alone twice?
Quote Reply
Re: 2015 USAT Long Course Tri Nationals [joggernut] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Do they tend to announce all the Nationals races at about the same time?
Quote Reply
Re: 2015 USAT Long Course Tri Nationals [brigby1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
brigby1 wrote:
Do they tend to announce all the Nationals races at about the same time?

From what I see - yes. If you Google: USA Triathlon Announces 20XX National Championship Schedule

And change the XX to the year in question you will find the press release. All press releases going back to 2010 races were in early to mid November of the previous year. The 2009 schedule was announced Dec 15 2008.
Quote Reply
Re: 2015 USAT Long Course Tri Nationals [HuffNPuff] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
HuffNPuff wrote:
Redman makes sense from a racing perspective, but who really wants to travel there once, let alone twice?

I think Redman would be about the WORST choice. I enjoy chasing races AND places all over the country. If I have to make two "destination" races in order to compete in Worlds I certainly don't want to be going to the same place twice!!

I want to compete in Worlds 2016, so I will do the race next year to qual. But I will be LESS inclined to do it if it is OK hosting the race.. Let me explore some new place that I have never thought of racing!!!

Austin Hardy -

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think we are in complete agreement. My comment that it makes sense from a racing perspective means that it would be valuable to have prior course experience for those racing Worlds in Oklahoma the following year. But the location is one I would NEVER choose as a tourist. It has no attraction to me or my family although I'm sure the locals love it and will defend it vigorously. However, it is centrally located in the US and gives those who can't travel overseas a chance to compete in an ITU World Championship regardless of what others may think about the quality of the competition.
Quote Reply
Re: 2015 USAT Long Course Tri Nationals [HuffNPuff] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I emailed USAT and was told that:

The Long tri NC will be mid-Sept, location TBA.
Short Du will again be in Minneapolis, first week in June
The Long Du NC is still undecided where or when.
Aquabike in early Sept. Location TBA.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Personally, I would have never thought about racing (or visiting) in Oklanoma. :-) I tend to think about racing in places I might want to visit.
Quote Reply
Re: 2015 USAT Long Course Tri Nationals [Tri-Bum] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tri-Bum wrote:
I emailed USAT and was told that:

The Long tri NC will be mid-Sept, location TBA.

OH NO.. Worlds in Austria Aug 30, and worlds in Chicago on Sep 20th doesn't leave much in the travel budget to go chasing another race in between those two.

Austin Hardy -

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Interesting, I see the race format will be the same as Motala in 2015 4K, 120K, 30K. I think these distances are good for this race as it gives a cachet to it by seperating it from WTC 70.3 Worlds and WTC IM Worlds. I'm going to Sweden in 2015 to compete but I sure as heck will try to qualify again to compete in 2016 seeing as it will be here in the US. The caveat for me is I signed on for IM WI 2015 and if the qualifier is going to be in Sept. this could be really interesting.
Quote Reply
Re: 2015 USAT Long Course Tri Nationals [triitagain] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ummm... IMMoo isn't the only race in mid-Sept '15. Why would USAT put LC Nat's up against ITU Worlds the year its in the US?
Guess its good to spread the opportunity, but sounds like another clue pointing to Redman.
Last edited by: Wild Horse: Oct 4, 14 8:23
Quote Reply
Re: 2015 USAT Long Course Tri Nationals [Wild Horse] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
How exactly do you qualify for the ITU Long Course National Championship? I live in Oklahoma so looking to see if I can qualify for the 2016 World Championship at Redman.
Quote Reply
Re: 2015 USAT Long Course Tri Nationals [EKH] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
EKH wrote:
How exactly do you qualify for the ITU Long Course National Championship? I live in Oklahoma so looking to see if I can qualify for the 2016 World Championship at Redman.

There is no qualification for long course. You pay your entry fee and you go.
Quote Reply
Re: 2015 USAT Long Course Tri Nationals [GhiaGirl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Aquathlon Nationals are in OKC tomorrow. Had a nice time previewing the course today but the city itself is not worth the trip.
Quote Reply
Re: 2015 USAT Long Course Tri Nationals [Negotiator1225] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Scoop from Aquathon is that 2015 LC Nat's are at Redman OKC on Sept 26
Quote Reply
Re: 2015 USAT Long Course Tri Nationals [Wild Horse] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wild Horse wrote:
Scoop from Aquathon is that 2015 LC Nat's are at Redman OKC on Sept 26

That's what everybody was saying at Redman this year too.
Quote Reply
Re: 2015 USAT Long Course Tri Nationals [EKH] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I just saw this posted - looks kind of official to me for Redman 9/19/15
https://m.facebook.com/...id=10152736094279812
Quote Reply

Prev Next