Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

2015 Argon 18 TT bike
Quote | Reply
does anyone know if its likely the e118 will be replaced for 2015?
Thinking of getting a e118 but will wait if there's gonna be a new model, not sure how often Argon replace models.
Quote Reply
Re: 2015 Argon 18 TT bike [big_vern] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Last time I talked to my bike mechanic he mentioned a couple new bikes coming from Argon 18 but a new TT/triathlon bike was not in the mix. Last rumour I heard was there was a gravel bike and an aero road bike coming out from Argon 18 in 2015 so I would guess that the E-118 will remain mostly the same.

Quote | Reply
bummer - cheers.... will stick to the 114 and the gallium pro, both still great bikes.
Quote Reply
Re: 2015 Argon 18 TT bike [big_vern] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I wish Argon would go for a tri-specific/non UCI E118 ala the Shiv. The tubes on the E118 do look a little skiiny. Solid ride though really happy with my Argon duo (E80/E118)

I was thinking of checking one out next week (a Shiv) - to perhaps build a new commuter bike.

Training Tweets: https://twitter.com/Jagersport_com
FM Sports: http://fluidmotionsports.com
Quote Reply
Re: 2015 Argon 18 TT bike [SharkFM] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SharkFM wrote:
I wish Argon would go for a tri-specific/non UCI E118 ala the Shiv. The tubes on the E118 do look a little skiiny. Solid ride though really happy with my Argon duo (E80/E118)

I was thinking of checking one out next week (a Shiv) - to perhaps build a new commuter bike.

defo agreed re. the tri-specific/non UCI - could only be even faster...
Quote Reply
Re: 2015 Argon 18 TT bike [SharkFM] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SharkFM wrote:

agreed.....surprised all the major bike companies haven't followed Specialized.....why is everyone so slow to join the market? Triathlons have never been more popular!

"I would definitely smell her seat after a century ride"
Rappstar wrote:
That might be the post of the year right there.
Quote Reply
Re: 2015 Argon 18 TT bike [shivermetimbers] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
As far as I know there will be a facelift for the e-118.

* New basebar without sharp angles.
* Stiff cockpit with new integrated headset (oneness 3.0)
* No need to cut extensions. More standard solution.
* Integrated front brake cable (finally!!!!!)
* Adapter for integrated Di2 BTR2 battery in the seatpost.
* ??

Worth lookig at before buying the old 2012-2014 version.
Quote Reply
Re: 2015 Argon 18 TT bike [Yerka] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yerka wrote:
As far as I know there will be a facelift for the e-118.

* New basebar without sharp angles.
* Stiff cockpit with new integrated headset (oneness 3.0)
* No need to cut extensions. More standard solution.
* Integrated front brake cable (finally!!!!!)
* Adapter for integrated Di2 BTR2 battery in the seatpost.
* ??

Worth lookig at before buying the old 2012-2014 version.

I was looking at replacing my front fork on my 2012 E-118 due to crashes, but they don't have any with the correct paint any longer ... so I'm going toward a more permanent solution with a local carbon repair shop.

With that said ... talking with the Argon 18 rep, it sounds the the front fork is getting a full face lift, but the main frame will basically be the same. I'm guessing a different stem that is replaceable, new base bar and maybe different brake location or design.

The rep also stated he didn't think the new fork would work with older model E-118's ... which kinda sucks as it would be a way to improve on an otherwise great bike.
Quote Reply
Re: 2015 Argon 18 TT bike [Wookiebiker] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Can someone confirm Wookiebikers statement? That the fork for E118 NEXT, yes thats the name of the new frame, wont fit the E118 2012-2014 frame.
Quote Reply