Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
2014 Trek SC 7 Series
Quote | Reply
If this hasnt already been noted somewhere, looks like it might be identical to the 9 series but with just a lesser grade carbon (as some rumors suggested). At least from what I'm able to make out from this pic:

https://twitter.com/...611203125248/photo/1

I assume we'll find out as Trek World continues.

"One Line Robert"
Quote Reply
Re: 2014 Trek SC 7 Series [wsrobert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Last edited by: Clutch Cargo: Aug 12, 13 14:08
Quote Reply
Re: 2014 Trek SC 7 Series [Clutch Cargo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Annnnnnd there ya go.

So just lesser grade carbon?

"One Line Robert"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Well, that certainly is very nice.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Does the 7.0 use the "steerer stub"? Could you put the integrated stem/aerobar on at a later time?
Quote Reply
Re: 2014 Trek SC 7 Series [jotate] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Aero bars that clamp into a standard stem,yes
Last edited by: Clutch Cargo: Aug 12, 13 14:28
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My SC 7.0 has a Ventus on the front. Sure, I'm giving up some drag, but not enough for me to warrant a new purchase. That said, I wish they had done this the first time with the seven series speed concept.
Quote Reply
Re: 2014 Trek SC 7 Series [rickn] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Depends on how hard the integrated front brake is to work with. I don't really like the rear brake and the last thing I would want is that times two.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Price?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
http://www.cycleworks.com.au/...bikes/triathlon-trek

If au to us currency conversion is correct. $4150
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
and... with the draft box, different paint job, race wheels.

Quote Reply
Re: 2014 Trek SC 7 Series [Timtek] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Been waiting for the new 7 series. Just dropped into my local Trek LBS to see when the new 7 series will be available in Australia and found out that it won't be available in the XS even as a Project One option :( The series 9 either the stock SC9 WSD XS or P1 option is out of my price range of around $4000. So does this mean that even as an WSD option the XS options will only be 9 series or 2.5? Is this Australia only and coming later or a worldwide decision? I would be willing to get a WSD XS in the 7 series but unfortunately not an option it appears. I have an option to get the old 7.5 model in XS or should I consider the new/old Cervelo P3 or upcoming 2014 Felt DA4 (though when I looked at the DA4 last year there was no 650c option available in Australia either).

Just when I thought things were getting better for riders needing 650c options especially from the wheels perspective I thought there would be more bike options not less :( That said if I had the budget to spend at the SC9 level it wouldn't be a issue.
Quote Reply
Re: 2014 Trek SC 7 Series [rs2011] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Australia as well, when did they say stock would come in?
Quote Reply
Re: 2014 Trek SC 7 Series [SwimRunTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SwimRunTri wrote:
In Australia as well, when did they say stock would come in?

ETA end of September around 23/9.

Same base model in Australia as per 2013. 7.5 with Ultegra 6800 11-speed, 52/36 mid-compact but as per 9000 dura ace cranksets with the 4-arms you can change to standard or compact rings.

As this is the same SC9 frame but different grade carbon it moves from BB86 to BB90.

Also I think I saw a 7.6 option (?) which is SRAM.
Quote Reply
Re: 2014 Trek SC 7 Series [rs2011] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
cool, thanks! now I just have to start counting up the pennies...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
7.0, $3,039.99 eta mid Oct.
7.5 $4,199099 eta mid Oct.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Trek is onto a winner in the mid-level market, but doesn't this eliminate the point of the 9 series, unless this 7 series is an obscene amount heavier than the SC 9?
Quote Reply
Re: 2014 Trek SC 7 Series [hansonator69] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I was thinking about getting a 9-Series - but I'm not sure why I just wouldn't get a 7-series? Really not sure on Trek's strategy here....?
Quote Reply
Re: 2014 Trek SC 7 Series [lmbasell] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I can't believe how much the SC7 prices went up. When I boguht mine in Jan. 2011, I could swear I only paid about $2700 for my 7.5 with Ultegra components. But maybe my memory sucks.

TrainingBible Coaching
http://www.trainingbible.com
Quote Reply
Re: 2014 Trek SC 7 Series [motoguy128] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
MSRP for the 7.5 has always been in the $4000 range. Most places sell for about $3800. You got a heck of a deal.

24 Hour World TT Champs-American record holder
Fat Bike Worlds - Race Director
Insta: chris.s.apex
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Looks like the pictures scale higher up too.. Sorry for the large pic
Quote Reply
Re: 2014 Trek SC 7 Series [cmscat50] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
cmscat50 wrote:
MSRP for the 7.5 has always been in the $4000 range. Most places sell for about $3800. You got a heck of a deal.

Maybe it read more like $3500. Its a 7.2. I must be too focused on training and our affecting my memory.

TrainingBible Coaching
http://www.trainingbible.com
Quote Reply
Re: 2014 Trek SC 7 Series [motoguy128] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
motoguy128 wrote:
cmscat50 wrote:

Maybe it read more like $3500. Its a 7.2. I must be too focused on training and our affecting my memory.

7.2 is much cheaper than a 7.5 but you might of snagged it when it was 20% off. Trek does that every Christmas. If your LBS doesn't offer the 20%, just tell them an actual Trek store (aka Trek of Madison) is offering the deal and they'll have to match it. Just keep checking Trek online and Trek of Madison for when the deal starts but it is EVERY SINGLE CHRISTMAS. I find it rather funny if anyone buys a new bike from them outside of that offer.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Clutch Cargo wrote:
7.0, $3,039.99 eta mid Oct.
7.5 $4,199099 eta mid Oct.

Since you seem to have the most info on this thread...

Do you know the component spec (or at least the highlights) of each model?

Thanks.

Steve

"If you ain't first, you're last." Reese Bobby Talladega Nights
Quote Reply
Re: 2014 Trek SC 7 Series [The_Mickstar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SC 9.9:
FeaturesCompletely redesigned bike with unbeatable aerodynamics Integrated storage actually makes you and your bike faster Largest range of sizes and adjustability for a perfect fit Make it yours: completely customizable through Project One FramesetFrame600 Series OCLV Carbon, KVF (Kammtail Virtual Foil) tube shape, BB90, Speed Fin, DuoTrap compatible, SC Speed Box 2 compatible, includes SC Draft Box 2 ForkSC KVF carbon, Tri, integrated brake & stem WheelsWheelsBontrager Aeolus 5 D3 TiresBontrager R4 Aero, 700x22c DrivetrainShiftersShimano Dura-Ace Di2, bar end control, 11 speed Front derailleurShimano Dura-Ace Di2, braze-on Rear derailleurShimano Dura-Ace Di2 CrankShimano Dura-Ace, 53/39 CassetteShimano Dura-Ace 11-25, 11 speed ComponentsSaddleBontrager RXXXL Hilo, carbon rails SeatpostBontrager Speed Concept Race X Lite, carbon, +/-15mm offset HandlebarBontrager Race XXX Lite MonoExtension, carbon, direct mount StemBontrager Speed Concept, direct mount GripsBontrager Gel Cork tape HeadsetIntegrated, sealed bearings BrakesetBontrager Speed Limit integrated brakes w/Shimano Dura-Ace Di2, bar end control, 11 speed levers

Upgrades from Speed Concept 9.8Dura-Ace Di2 drivetrain Bontrager Aeolus 5 D3 wheelset

SC 9.5:
SpecificationFeaturesCompletely redesigned bike with unbeatable aerodynamics Integrated storage actually makes you and your bike faster Largest range of sizes and adjustability for a perfect fit Make it yours: completely customizable through Project One FramesetFrame600 Series OCLV Carbon, KVF (Kammtail Virtual Foil) tube shape, BB90, Speed Fin, DuoTrap compatible, SC Speed Box 2 compatible, includes SC Draft Box 2 ForkSC KVF carbon, Tri, integrated brake & stem WheelsWheelsBontrager Race Lite Tubeless Ready TiresBontrager R3 Hard-Case Lite, 700x23c DrivetrainShiftersShimano Dura-Ace, bar end control, 11 speed Front derailleurShimano Ultegra, braze-on Rear derailleurShimano Ultegra CrankShimano Ultegra, 53/39 (double) CassetteShimano Ultegra 11-25, 11 speed ComponentsSaddleBontrager RXL Hilo, titanium rails SeatpostBontrager Speed Concept Race X Lite, carbon, +/-15mm offset HandlebarBontrager Race XXX Lite MonoExtension, carbon, direct mount StemBontrager Speed Concept, direct mount GripsBontrager Gel Cork tape HeadsetIntegrated, sealed bearings BrakesetBontrager Speed Limit integrated brakes w/Bontrager Race Lite aero levers

Upgrades from Speed Concept 7.5 600 Series OCLV Carbon frame Bontrager Race Lite TLR wheelset Full carbon fork

SC 7.5:
SpecificationFeaturesCompletely redesigned bike with best-in-class aerodynamics Real-world aerodynamics optimized for bike + rider + storage Largest range of sizes and adjustability for a perfect fit Make it yours: completely customizable through Project One FramesetFrame500 Series OCLV Carbon, KVF (Kammtail Virtual Foil) tube shape, BB90, Speed Fin, DuoTrap compatible, SC Draft Box 2 & SC Speed Box 2 compatible ForkSC KVF carbon, Tri, integrated brake & stem WheelsWheelsBontrager Race Tubeless Ready TiresBontrager R3 Hard-Case Lite, 700x23c DrivetrainShiftersShimano Dura-Ace, bar end control, 11 speed Front derailleurShimano Ultegra, braze-on Rear derailleurShimano Ultegra CrankShimano Ultegra, 52/36 CassetteShimano Ultegra 11-25, 11 speed ComponentsSaddleBontrager RXL Hilo, titanium rails SeatpostBontrager Speed Concept Race Lite,alloy, +/-20mm offset HandlebarBontrager Race XXX Lite MonoExtension, carbon, direct mount StemBontrager Speed Concept, direct mount GripsBontrager Gel Cork tape HeadsetIntegrated, sealed bearings BrakesetBontrager Speed Limit integrated brakes w/Bontrager Race Lite aero levers

SC 7.0:
SpecificationFeaturesCompletely redesigned bike with best-in-class aerodynamics Real-world aerodynamics optimized for bike + rider + storage Largest range of sizes and adjustability for a perfect fit Make it yours: completely customizable through Project One FramesetFrame500 Series OCLV Carbon, KVF (Kammtail Virtual Foil) tube shape, BB90, Speed Fin, DuoTrap compatible, SC Draft Box 2 & SC Speed Box 2 compatible ForkSC KVF carbon, Tri, integrated brake & stem WheelsWheelsAlloy hubs w/Bontrager Approved alloy rims TiresBontrager R1 Hard-Case Lite, 700x23c DrivetrainShiftersShimano Dura-Ace, bar end control, 10 speed Front derailleurShimano 105, braze-on Rear derailleurShimano 105 CrankShimano R565, 50/34 (compact) CassetteShimano Tiagra 12-28, 10 speed ComponentsSaddleVision AeroMax Tri, chromoly rails SeatpostBontrager Speed Concept Race Lite,alloy, +/-20mm offset HandlebarBontrager Race Bullhorn w/Race Lite clip-ons StemBontrager Race Lite, 31.8mm, 7 degree GripsBontrager Gel Cork tape HeadsetIntegrated, sealed bearings BrakesetBontrager Speed Limit integrated brakes w/Bontrager Race Lite aero levers

"Advertised" prices and lead times:

9.9: $11,549.99, 38 days
9.5: $5999.99, 16 days
7.5: $4199.99, 10/21/13 est. ship date
7.0: $3039.99, 11/11/13 est. ship date

This info is straight from the dealer website, same as you'd get if you walked into a retail store today and inquired about purchasing/preordering. Prices may vary locally, MSRP is lower than the "advertised price."

I tweet!

Last edited by: ZackCapets: Aug 13, 13 10:43
Quote Reply

Prev Next