Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
2013 TdF thread (spoiler alert)
Quote | Reply
Up first: nearly pancake flat stage 1 in Corsica. My guess is that Cav dons the Yellow Jersey. Stage two looks almost tailor-made for Sagan, but i think a certain Degenkolb may spring a surprise at the end.

As for the over-all: Contador, Froome, and Cuddles. I'd love to see Cuddles get the overall win, but the man is 36 and way too old.
Sagan gets the Green jersey.
Cav gets 4 wins.
Quintana takes the white jersey by a slim margin from Tejay.
Quote Reply
Re: 2013 TdF thread (spoiler alert) [echappist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have same podium and jerseys. Also picking Cav on stage 1, he wants it too bad. Sagan on 2 with Gilbert close on his heels.
Quote Reply
Re: 2013 TdF thread (spoiler alert) [Carl Spackler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Carl Spackler wrote:
I have same podium and jerseys. Also picking Cav on stage 1, he wants it too bad. Sagan on 2 with Gilbert close on his heels.

opps, looks like i should have done what i do before my own races before typing. Just realized that there's a kicker of a hill (not unlike Côte du St. Nicholas in LBL), and there's no way Degenkolb is getting over that. I'd like to see Gilbert win, but there don't seem to be many opportunities for him other than stages 2 & 14, with the latter even more unlikely as a break will most likely succeed in that one. I'm getting the feeling that Gilbert may become the first rider not to win a thing in Rainbow in recent memories.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Without Tyler Farrar racing it looks like 8th place on the sprint stages is going to be up for grabs

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I see a possibilty of Porte covering Purito's attacks and getting close to the podium if in fact Purito does not get there. Like to see Purito light it up and make things more unpredictable. Could be pipe dreams on my part. Te jay will have a difficult time getting to 5ht again this year.
Sagan in green with Cav the most stage wins. Sagan will get intermediate sprints and may be in a break away with his team working for those. 2 stages for him. Talansky chance for white? doubt it but hope so
Quote Reply
Re: 2013 TdF thread (spoiler alert) [Turd Ferguson] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Turd Ferguson wrote:
Without Tyler Farrar racing it looks like 8th place on the sprint stages is going to be up for grabs

:D Yeah what's with his performance at TdF??? Man is fast! He looked like he could outkick Cav a number of times... he just ran out of road. He's always hiding somewhere behind everyone else and coming to the party late.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Turd Ferguson wrote:

LOL

Yellow: My podium is Froome, Contador, Porte and I really hope I'm wrong. I'd like to see Evans up there, but you just never know coming off the Giro. Could be just what he needed, or he could be off his game because of it. Same goes with Ryder and his recovery from whatever was eating him at the Giro.

Polka Dot: Any number of Garmin riders are capable. Maybe Valverde after he cracks and realizes he's not a GC rider when he's not doped.

Green: Cav by a hair over Sagan.

White: My heart says Talansky, but probably Tejay.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Turd Ferguson wrote:
ha!

let's see, top sprinters at the TdF

Cav
Greipel
Sagan
Goss
Degenkolb
Kittel
Bouhanni
Rojas, JJ
Ferrari (Lam)
JJ Lobato (Eus)

Looks like JJ Rojas will be dueling it out with Roberto Ferrari for that coveted position ;)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Do we have a fantasy cycling team group going on?
Quote Reply
Re: 2013 TdF thread (spoiler alert) [PatrickOfSteele] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
http://forum.slowtwitch.com/...;;page=unread#unread

though personally, i'm not partaking in it
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Turd Ferguson wrote:

^hysterical and accurate. I love it.

Quote | Reply
I say cuddles doesnt even make top 5. He is too old.

Cantador, froome and undecided...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have Tejay in white. With 3 TT, including one TTT, I think Quintana is going to lose a lot of time there. And I think Tejay will be able to
limit the damages in the mountains.
Quote Reply
Re: 2013 TdF thread (spoiler alert) [Francois] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Francois wrote:
I have Tejay in white. With 3 TT, including one TTT, I think Quintana is going to lose a lot of time there. And I think Tejay will be able to
limit the damages in the mountains.

I'm giving Quintana in white. I think/hope he becomes a new star to people who don't already know who he is in the Mountains. That guy can climb. Those Colombian mountains are in his blood. I really hope they let him loose on stage 18 to claim win instead of being support.
Quote Reply
Re: 2013 TdF thread (spoiler alert) [littlefoot] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Also. Something I Can't stand. Contador's Pistolero move. Pisses me off. I respect and like watching him ride but Jesus. It's super douche. At least "Cuddles" is a funny nickname. But what's his? El Pistolero? So pompous. Every time he passes a finish line it's that pistol signature move! Sends a cold shrill up my neck. Irritating as nuts.

I hope he wins no stages. Because I can't stand to see him do that!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
For yellow: Froome, Contador, Rodriguez

Green: Cav

Stage 1 winner...Lars Boom!

Quote Reply
Re: 2013 TdF thread (spoiler alert) [DC Pattie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
wow, royal FUBAR at the race
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
No doubt, total junk show. With all the finish confusion they hopefully give everyone the same time.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Complete shitshow.

Quote | Reply
If I am not wrong, the third place Finisher is just 19 years old (or it is his brother who is 24).
I was shouting to the TV trying to help Kristoff, well second is not bad.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That crash must have been right near the front to take out so many top guys. That's especially unusual. What a disappointing stage 1: no Cav, Sagan, Goss, Greipel and Contador goes down as well.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Seriously....how do you rationalize putting up plastic advert banners inside of the curb on already small roads? Seems like every time the peleton came across one of those barriers, someone was caught up in them and down they went. Instead of doping, the Tour starts with a bunch of dopes creating havoc with poorly placed adverts and a finish line that attacked a bus!
And the irony of the "Green Edge" bus being the one that released all of the refrigerant into the atmosphere when it was hooked by the finish banner. Oh the calamity!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I was disappointed until I saw the results. Two of my "filler" riders on my fantasy team squeaked into the top 5. Hell yeah.
Quote Reply
Re: 2013 TdF thread (spoiler alert) [Sbradley11] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
X2 ultimate disappointment. Nobody fun to watch sprint, was that Tommy D up there in 4th or 5th in the sprint...saw some skinny dude from garmin looking super out of place.
Quote Reply
Re: 2013 TdF thread (spoiler alert) [Ftfrst] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
>...saw some skinny dude from garmin looking super out of place.

That's my boy Millar!
Quote Reply

Prev Next