Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

2013 P5 vs 2016 P3
Quote | Reply
Curious thoughts on purchasing a used 2013 P5 vs a NOS 2016 P3. For simplicity, just looking at the frame/fork/bars. The P5 is in very good shape and the pricing between the bikes is similar.

The P5 is a a bit of a “dream bike” for me, but buying used is going to be the only path for now. That’s said, I don’t want the “dream bike” situation to cloud my decision making process when I should go with the p3.
Quote Reply
Re: 2013 P5 vs 2016 P3 [pauljra] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If the P5 is in good shape and it fits, it's definitely the better option IMO. I've never actually purchased a new bike, always used. You can get some great deals that way, just have to be careful.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Agree here. If the P5 is a "dream bike" and in good shape (definitely check it out and have it checked out) then I say go for it.

New is always nice - but so is picking up good "pre-loved" stuff :)

Post pics whichever route you go ;)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ditto. If the P5 is in good condition, that’s what I would do. It is the standard bearer for speed and gorgeous. If new is nagging you, but you don’t want to lose out on the P5’s performance, there are several other bikes out there almost as fast as the P5 and cheaper than the P3.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
pauljra wrote:
Curious thoughts on purchasing a used 2013 P5 vs a NOS 2016 P3. For simplicity, just looking at the frame/fork/bars. The P5 is in very good shape and the pricing between the bikes is similar.

The P5 is a a bit of a “dream bike” for me, but buying used is going to be the only path for now. That’s said, I don’t want the “dream bike” situation to cloud my decision making process when I should go with the p3.

Love my P5 but if you travel, it's more of a nightmare than a dream. If you don't need to pack it up or are ok with taking a front end apart, go with the P5. They'll both be used bikes next year.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
pauljra wrote:

R&A cycles has 2013 P5-6s for sale at about 3200$. You might need to get someone to pick it up and ship it, but it is a pretty killer deal.
Quote Reply
Re: 2013 P5 vs 2016 P3 [grumpier.mike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks and I saw that! Need a 51 though....
Quote Reply