Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

2012 felt da3 vs newer years?
Quote | Reply
Anything dif with the 2012 felt da3 and the newer ones say 2013, 2014? Other than price and components I don't see much.
Quote Reply
Re: 2012 felt da3 vs newer years? [Erockk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Erockk wrote:
Anything dif with the 2012 felt da3 and the newer ones say 2013, 2014? Other than price and components I don't see much.

Different stem from what I remember...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The cockpit was new for 2013. Much more adjustable. The 2012 extensions run through the basebar. Locks you in to wherever the basebar is.

On the 2014, I believe they updated that finicky rear brake to a design much more manageable. They also dumped the Vision Metron shifters on the DA4 for a lever from microshift. I haven't tried the microshift, but am not a fan of the metrons. I just can't get a really clean shift all the way up and down.

The frame is the same, I believe.

Also, the DA2 has an integrated front brake for 2014. DA3 and 4 do not. I believe the 2012 and 13 are upgradeable to the fork w/ the integrated brake.

I've got the 2013, and really like it. But I'm gonna get rid of the metrons for sram. And the rear brake works, it just takes more effort than it should.

-Stephen in Arkansas
Quote Reply
Re: 2012 felt da3 vs newer years? [razorbacksteve] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Cool thanks for that info. In a pickle on if I wanna upgrade my tri bike or get a road bike and have both. Was thinking of just keeping the b16 for another year and go big with a p5 haha.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I really like having a road bike. If you're asking, I'd find a nice road bike. It'll open up a whole new world of riding and racing for you. Group rides, crits, road races. Better for climbing and descending, etc.

TT bikes are really only good for going fast in a straight line.

Plus, you can never have too many bikes. =)

-Stephen in Arkansas
Quote Reply
Re: 2012 felt da3 vs newer years? [razorbacksteve] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yea I do wanna start with some road races and when I ride with my gf it's not comfortable with the tri bike because we go and very dif speeds. I was looking at an r3 and from what I heard they are great bikes. Just hard to make my mind up.
Quote Reply