Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

2008 Felt DA fork options
Quote | Reply
Hello all, I've been an avid reader of ST over the years but never needed to ask a question until now.

As the title suggests, I ride a 2008 Felt DA and whilst I'm happy with the bike overall the Bayonet system still annoys me somewhat. I've had the normal issues of the system working loose, I have rebuilt it many times (following the Felt fitting guide verbatim) and it has helped but still it works loose. Yes I've also been to my local LBS many times too.

My setup utilises the 75mm stem which is still ever so slightly too long for me (54 frame and I'm 5ft 10).

Due to the above couple of niggles I'd considered getting a new frame set but before I explore that avenue I wanted to see what other fork options are available. To my knowledge I could replace the Bayonet 1 with the later Bayonet 2 but not sure on the reach this offers, plus it's likely to be costly? My other option is to replace with a standard 1" aero fork, which should cure both niggles. I am however unsure of which forks or parts are required to achieve this?

Any members had similar experiences?

Thanks in advance.
Quote Reply