Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
155mm crank powermeter
Quote | Reply
I am trying to find a powermeter (crank based) which has 155mm option.
So far only SRM seems available
I love Quarq and I wonder if anybody is aware of a 155mm Quarq/Rotor
No Stage powermeter
Quote Reply
Re: 155mm crank powermeter [Plissken74] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
once upon a time, before Quarq was fully integrated into SRAM, they did.

unlike SRM crankarms for the Rotor 3D, which requires a bit of special machining (or at least i'm told), the Quarq Rotor 3D crankarms are off the shelf. So your best bet is to source a pair of 155 mm crankarms and source a Quarq Rotor 3D and mail both to Spearfish to have the arms swapped.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Have you considered Power2Max? http://www.power2max.com/...er-meter-and-cranks/

I even think you can get one without the crank arms and then install ones with 155mm.
Quote Reply
Re: 155mm crank powermeter [lsousa] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
lsousa wrote:
Have you considered Power2Max? http://www.power2max.com/...er-meter-and-cranks/

I even think you can get one without the crank arms and then install ones with 155mm.

This is very interesting. I never really looked at it. I contacted the customer center and I asked if I buy only the powermeter without crank arms if I need a calibration on my 155mm arms. They said that calibration is indipendent of the arms.
This is very difficult for me to understand.
Quarq doesnt allow to change arms and if you do, you need to send the unit back to factory for calibration
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
There's a Power2max support thread here: http://forum.slowtwitch.com/..._reply;so=ASC;mh=25;
They might give you more information over there. :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I run a Power2max with 155 Rotor crank arms.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
HI Plissken74,

Nicolas from power2max here. Power meters differ in the way they are designed, even if they are doing the same thing in principle (measure power at the spider). A lot of engineering went into making power2max power meters' calibration independent of chain ring and crank arm changes.

Best
Nicolas

---
power2max
http://www.power2max.com/northamerica
official power meter of Movistar Team
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
did you check out cobb cranks ?
Quote Reply
Re: 155mm crank powermeter [unitedathletica] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I believe that Rotor makes 155mm cranks that fit Quarq power meters. I run a Quarq power meter with Carmina 155 mm cranks( this set up is no longer available) for several years now. No problems!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
did you find a rotor 155 with power meter ?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
bought the 155m Rotor cranks and power2max powermeter which doesn't depend on crank length. it is the only possible solution
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Plissken74 wrote:
doesn't depend on crank length. it is the only possible solution

Or a Powertap, SRM, or Vector.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
i have a rotor 3d 155 crank 24mm spindle bcd 130 and a another same size with with power2max bcd 130 also have a spare set of qxl to got 54/41
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Bumping this thread in 2018. Anyone got any new recommendations for a PM that'll work with a 155 crank? I'm currently using a C1 chainring, but the thing has been unreliable this year and it may be time to go in a different direction.
Quote Reply
Re: 155mm crank powermeter [TriathlonJoe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
for my fit clients, I advise either Cobb with a functional pedal power meter or Rotor

TriathlonJoe wrote:
Bumping this thread in 2018. Anyone got any new recommendations for a PM that'll work with a 155 crank? I'm currently using a C1 chainring, but the thing has been unreliable this year and it may be time to go in a different direction.

Eric Reid AeroFit | Instagram Portfolio
Aerodynamic Retul Bike Fitting

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That is a no mans land a 155 power crank

You can do a Rotor 3D 24 155mm with Power pedals
Quote Reply
Re: 155mm crank powermeter [ericMPro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have the Cobb 155 cranks. Would you say the garmin power pedals would be a good option?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
https://vervecycling.com/why-infocrank/#

A little spendy, but nice.

Jim Manton / ERO Sports
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm agnostic on pedal power meters... I'm not exactly sure if Garmin has worked out the bugs yet. There's Powertap, and Assioma which I don't know much about either but have heard good things about them here on ST.

TriathlonJoe wrote:
I have the Cobb 155 cranks. Would you say the garmin power pedals would be a good option?

Eric Reid AeroFit | Instagram Portfolio
Aerodynamic Retul Bike Fitting

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Last edited by: ericMPro: Oct 3, 18 14:09
Quote Reply
Re: 155mm crank powermeter [Jim@EROsports] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have heard good things from a buddy about the Info Cranks. They do look a little pricey. However, I need something reliable and right now, the C1 sucks in that category.

Here's what happened at Chattanooga over the weekend......the C1 stopped working a few weeks back. I borrowed a buddy's new vectors, however, I realized in the 1st few miles that I forgot to change the crank length on the pedals, so I was reading about 50 watts more than I needed to push on the race. Then the C1 said, "hey. I'm back" and my 920xt picked up that power number. Then I had to do math to figure out the difference because I was running my Wahoo Elemnt between the bars. Anyway, tired of this...well it's race day, maybe the power meter works, maybe it doesn't.

I'm 100% positive you wanted to hear that story. haha
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Totally understand. There's a reason I only aero test with PowerTap hubs. Cheap, reliable, and consistent.

Jim Manton / ERO Sports
Quote Reply
Re: 155mm crank powermeter [Clutch Cargo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Clutch Cargo wrote:
That is a no mans land a 155 power crank

You can do a Rotor 3D 24 155mm with Power pedals

doesn't rotor's power meter crank come in 155mm? i'm riding that crank on a cycleops H2 trainer and these two devices generate precisely the same power read. i'm very happy with this PM.

both infocrank and rotor seem to me very good options. and for those who say they're spendy, yes, just remember that you also get a crank with your PM.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Re: 155mm crank powermeter [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
They do/did with the 3D+ inpower ( one side)
I think they are moving away from the 3D to the Aldhu

http://rotorbike.com/catalog/default/rotor/triathlon/powermeters/inpower-dm-road.html
Last edited by: Clutch Cargo: Oct 3, 18 8:25
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My friend is on Power2Max NG eco with 150mm cranks
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I just got my 155 Infocranks delivered, so they definitely have them. Not yet installed, but expect that I will be quite happy after looking at the reviews on them. Not cheap though, but reliable, so that was my metric..
Quote Reply

Prev Next