Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

11 speed freewheel hub body for Reynolds wheel
Quote | Reply
I 'm looking to upgrade from my 10 speed to an 11 speed. Will any Shimano hub body work or do I need to purchase the Reynolds one? (for my Reynolds Strike wheels).
Quote Reply
Re: 11 speed freewheel hub body for Reynolds wheel [mdtrihard] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Guess it depends on how old your wheel is.
If its only a few years old, it might be 11spd, and you're running it as 10 but with a spacer.

If its 10 only, you'd probably need a set of end caps as well as a new freehub body. Might be a KT hub in which case, parts should be fairly inexpensive.
Drop Reynolds an emither with your serial no, and they should be able to tell you.
Quote Reply
Re: 11 speed freewheel hub body for Reynolds wheel [philg] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Reynolds did say I needed their hub ($110) maybe because of the end caps? There are others out there for a third of the cost without endcaps.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am sorry I don't have any details here as it was a year ago when I did this. But I upgraded the hub on my Strikes to 11-sp and I don't at all recall paying $110 to do it. Was more like $40? I don't think my shop used a Reynolds hub.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Check ebay, I needed an 11 speed freehub for my Novatec hub, there are companies in China that make and sell them through ebay. I have ordered it but not received it yet, from the feedback and reading on forums they work well.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
philg wrote:
Guess it depends on how old your wheel is.
If its only a few years old, it might be 11spd, and you're running it as 10 but with a spacer.

If its 10 only, you'd probably need a set of end caps as well as a new freehub body. Might be a KT hub in which case, parts should be fairly inexpensive.
Drop Reynolds an emither with your serial no, and they should be able to tell you.

looks like its a KT hub
http://shop.upgradebikes.co.uk/...reewheels/KT-Freehub
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
assuming your bike has 11 speed indexing and your wheel is 10 sp this may help https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Ar2zQDvAAc ; regards
Last edited by: FastFitnessTips: Jun 22, 17 2:59
Quote Reply