Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

11 speed TT shifters
Quote | Reply
I'm going to be upgrading to 11speed FINALLY, and debating between DA mechanical or etap. The issue I have with DA is the TT shifters. I have never used them but I can honestly say they are ugly and would like to keep the front end clean as possible. For example SRAM with their rtc shifters. Zipp used to make a 10speed rtc shifter for shimano but it does not look like they made an 11 speed set up.. does anyone have any ideas for shimano 11 speed shifters besides the standard step up?

Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: 11 speed TT shifters [jaja518] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have vision Merton shifters. They take some time to get used to but once you do they're awesome. They look like break levers and you don't have to shift your wrist or change your position in any way to shift.

I still lapped everyone on the couch!
Quote Reply
Re: 11 speed TT shifters [Jloewe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Man, $200+ for bar-end shifters. Bike hardware is nuts expensive. That's literally a device that just holds a cable and clicks it up and down in increments of 11. Nuts.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Well, your two mainstream options are the Dura Ace shifters and MicroShift shifters. Both look pretty much the same.
Quote Reply
Re: 11 speed TT shifters [exxxviii] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
are there other options that are not so mainstream?
Quote Reply
Re: 11 speed TT shifters [lightheir] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
lightheir wrote:
Man, $200+ for bar-end shifters. Bike hardware is nuts expensive. That's literally a device that just holds a cable and clicks it up and down in increments of 11. Nuts.

Full disclosure they came with the bike (which was a pleasant surprise) and I also only have 10 speed. But they work just the same none the less. I didn't really know how much they cost. Just gives me another reason to continue the the 10 speeds I have lol. Seriously though if you can find them cheaper, or used from someone that went electronic they're pretty awesome. Best R2C on the market and by a wide margin.

I still lapped everyone on the couch!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Not that I have seen: Dura Ace, MicroSHIFT, and Vision Metron are all I have come across for 11 speed Shimano mechanical.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If you don't like the shimano bar ends and want mechanical, then go with sram. I've always decided between component groups based on the shifters.

Swimming Workout of the Day:

Favourite Swim Sets:

2020 National Masters Champion - M50-54 - 50m Butterfly
Last edited by: JasoninHalifax: Sep 16, 17 17:22
Quote Reply
Re: 11 speed TT shifters [exxxviii] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
exxxviii wrote:
Not that I have seen: Dura Ace, MicroSHIFT, and Vision Metron are all I have come across for 11 speed Shimano mechanical.

Please tell me where one can find a set of 11speed Metron shifters. I had them previously and loved them. Upgraded to 11 so now running microshift for bar ends. At first it bothered me that it didn't look as sleek as the Metron's but I got over it.
Quote Reply
Re: 11 speed TT shifters [loxx0050] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Leonard Zinn is saying the 11spd cassettes are nearly interchangable between brands groupsets (I'm saying the wheels are interchangeable). This must mean the spacing is within tolerance. So you could in theory run SRAM shifters with a Shimano Rear derailleur? If you didn't want to test that you could run SRAM shifters & a SRAM rear derailleur on a Shimano cassette. Anyone tried this?
Quote Reply
Re: 11 speed TT shifters [turningscrews] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ive ran a 6700 cassette on my red shifter and der. and it seemed to be just fine.... never heard of being able to run sram shifter on shimano der. though. ive been told the index is different? I could see how that would be an issue with the the double tap sram shifters but maybe not so much the rtc style shifters... hmmmm...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I can only verify this with 10 sp. I have SRAM R2C, Red RD/FD, with Shimano Ultegra 11-25 cassette. Works better than with a SRAM Red cassette. Can't speak for 11 sp. Each time I upgrade to another level gearing they change it. 6 sp to 7, 7 to 8, 8 to 9 & 9 to 10 sp. Finally, I stopped at 10 and am going to just wait until 12 sp comes out. Everytime the battle cry was they won't add another because there isn't a reason to--they do. But they are literally waiting for me to upgrade to 11 before they toss 12 out there --I just see them laughing & waiting...(pink).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
turningscrews wrote:
Leonard Zinn is saying the 11spd cassettes are nearly interchangable between brands groupsets (I'm saying the wheels are interchangeable). This must mean the spacing is within tolerance. So you could in theory run SRAM shifters with a Shimano Rear derailleur? If you didn't want to test that you could run SRAM shifters & a SRAM rear derailleur on a Shimano cassette. Anyone tried this?

I'm also 10sp, and not 11sp since my rear wheel powertap is 10spd, but I run 10sp Microshift Bar-end shifters on a DA RD and ultegra 10sp cassette no problem.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
turningscrews wrote:

sram shifters must be paired with a sram rear derailleur, and shimano (or shimano compatible like microshift) with shimano. so long as the number of gears are the same, Sram cassettes are interchangeable with shimano with either shimano or sram. There are some exceptions to this, sram did make a number of shimano compatible shifters over the years, and I believe some shimano compatible rear derailleurs.

Swimming Workout of the Day:

Favourite Swim Sets:

2020 National Masters Champion - M50-54 - 50m Butterfly
Quote Reply
Re: 11 speed TT shifters [Rocky M] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SAME HERE! I have been on 10spd RED with rtc shifters for while and have not had a reason to change until now. SLF Motion released their HSS(which will be awesome) but will not work for sram unless you have etap. I wouldn't mind going to shimano mech. accept I really dislike their tt shifters, the whole reason for my post haha first world problems aye...
Quote Reply