Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: 100 Runs 100 Days 2017-2018 Challenge Thread: Dec 15-Mar 23 [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
18-for-18 here. Nothing longer than 8 miles. Doing a modified BarryP plan and my back has held up well so far. No worse than pre Dec-15!

Toying with the idea if racing a 10k this month.

--------------------------
The secret of a long life is you try not to shorten it.
-Nobody
Quote Reply
Re: 100 Runs 100 Days 2017-2018 Challenge Thread: Dec 15-Mar 23 [mck414] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Q: What is five miles long, covered with feathers, smells like stale Budweiser & cigarettes, and has an asshole every ten feet?
A: The Mummers Parade

So, yesterday, I was casually watching The Mummers when D'Wife came down for breakfast around 11am

"Oh fuck!" she exclaimed "How cold is it?"
"I think they said it was around 10 degrees" I replied, not caring to double check with The Weather Channel
"They're fucking nuts, but I guess they're pretty well antifreezed"
"Yeah, alcohol will do that"
"So, didja run today?" she asked, after a pause
"Why would you ask me that? Did someone say they saw me or something?"
"No, it's just the kinda bullshit I'd expect from you, that's all"
"So?" I reconfirmed "No one posted anything about it then? You just kinda guessed I'd do that?"
"Yeah, since you're an idiot that way"
"Can't argue there" I agreed

Yeah, I did

Despite having no witnesses nor evidence either way, I will add that to the record

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Re: 100 Runs 100 Days 2017-2018 Challenge Thread: Dec 15-Mar 23 [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sometimes it's good..

..and sometimes it's not.

Fortunately the noon New Year's Day run was mostly sunny with just a flurry at the end, as it was mere hours after I'd rolled into bed at 4am, drunk for the first time in a few years (luckily I don't get hangovers from rum). That second run, though, through a howling wind driving a blinding snow squall...still don't quite know how I convinced myself to do a cold water rinse on my legs during my shower after that one.

Happy New Year all!

Quote | Reply
Fucking awesome!!!

Xmas card quality pix

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
devashish_paul wrote:
Thanks for the celebrity appearance and posting pics! keep it up!

Dev

Speaking of celebrity appearances, I'm very happy that Matt Russell is participating in the challenge. Hope his recovery has gone as well as possible!

-Eric
Quote Reply
Re: 100 Runs 100 Days 2017-2018 Challenge Thread: Dec 15-Mar 23 [EricTheBiking] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
EricTheBiking wrote:
devashish_paul wrote:
Thanks for the celebrity appearance and posting pics! keep it up!

Dev

Speaking of celebrity appearances, I'm very happy that Matt Russell is participating in the challenge. Hope his recovery has gone as well as possible!

-Eric

me too

have you seen the thread asking how to start a challenge? It's somewhere on the first page started by rcmioga
Quote Reply
Re: 100 Runs 100 Days 2017-2018 Challenge Thread: Dec 15-Mar 23 [ironmayb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ironmayb wrote:
have you seen the thread asking how to start a challenge? It's somewhere on the first page started by rcmioga

Nope! I'll take a look. Thanks for the heads up. I watch the forum as close as I can, but the odd training log thread escapes me.

-Eric
Quote Reply
Re: 100 Runs 100 Days 2017-2018 Challenge Thread: Dec 15-Mar 23 [EricTheBiking] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
EricTheBiking wrote:
ironmayb wrote:

Nope! I'll take a look. Thanks for the heads up. I watch the forum as close as I can, but the odd training log thread escapes me.

-Eric

Thank you
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Without this challenge I would have had less than half the miles I do now, so thanks for putting this together for us type A, goal setting types.

It finally got above zero today so I ran outside for the first time in about two weeks. Have suffered through the stomach flu, a chronic cough for two weeks and my treadmill shorting out any time I go faster than 7:54 pace. Spring can't come fast enough.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
19 runs in 20 days so far. Had to take one day off last week due to flu. I think I will not hurry in getting that one missed run but will postpone it to some later date in February or March after I have built the mileage base.
Quote Reply
Re: 100 Runs 100 Days 2017-2018 Challenge Thread: Dec 15-Mar 23 [FlyingFinn] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
17/19 (well 18/20 counting the run I'll do tonight :) I take one day off on purpose each week. So far I'm running 30mi/week and I'm cool with that. Mostly 30 min runs with a 45 tempo and 1h run on the weekend. I started adding 2-3 min this week to my 30 min runs and plan to increase every 2 weeks. I've been dealing with PF which seems to be clearing now and my previous mileage before the challenge was barely in the low 20s. If things go well I'll add another 30 min run later in the challenge. If I can run 40mi weeks by the end of this thing I'll be happy.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Run 24 this afternoon was the first one outside. The weather has been brutal and the streets are a mess. Back to the treadmill until either I lose my mind or the wind stops. Mad respect to Canadian and Northern US'ers who are running in the snow!

John
Quote Reply
Re: 100 Runs 100 Days 2017-2018 Challenge Thread: Dec 15-Mar 23 [john.koch] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I ran outside in the snow today. Not exactly a hardship, it was above freezing and sunny.

I've fallen off my pace for runs - my goal was just to build some consistency, so nothing close to 100 runs. I'm really hoping I'll see some good fitness gains come spring (my pace was slow but my HR high today - snow makes everything harder).
Last edited by: edbikebabe: Jan 3, 18 16:45
Quote Reply
Re: 100 Runs 100 Days 2017-2018 Challenge Thread: Dec 15-Mar 23 [edbikebabe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well I guess I'm done thinking about this challenge at all. Seems my desire for 2k in 2017, and running 48 miles in 5 days after 7 days off from being sick was a bad idea. I've got IT band issues now. So I guess it's time to start building bike fitness while I try and rehab this IT band.
Quote Reply
Re: 100 Runs 100 Days 2017-2018 Challenge Thread: Dec 15-Mar 23 [edbikebabe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
edbikebabe wrote:
I ran outside in the snow today. Not exactly a hardship, it was above freezing and sunny.

I'm probably not going anywhere today; to sloppy to drive to the gym, and running outside isn't an option

Because ... remember Portland 2014?

edbikebabe wrote:
I've fallen off my pace for runs - my goal was just to build some consistency, so nothing close to 100 runs.

Yeah, not a good start for me right now

Missing a bunch of runs early on, I can correct and get back on track/schedule easier than if we were further along in the challenge

Quote Reply
Re: 100 Runs 100 Days 2017-2018 Challenge Thread: Dec 15-Mar 23 [RandMart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Haven't missed a day, but today was the first "mind is willing, body is not" run. Planned a track session, ended up a grinding 5 miler. Felt awkward and uncoordinated.

I'm blaming that ridiculous 50 x 50 swim this morning. Or my back just wasn't rested enough. Probably a little bit of both.

-Nobody
Quote Reply
Re: 100 Runs 100 Days 2017-2018 Challenge Thread: Dec 15-Mar 23 [Sean H] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I was doing pretty well until I caught a chest cold from relatives over Christmas. Trying to shake this and get back at it
Quote Reply
Re: 100 Runs 100 Days 2017-2018 Challenge Thread: Dec 15-Mar 23 [thetriranger] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm in this year for I think either my 4th or 5th time. I'm aiming for over 100 runs and I'm off to a good start. I ran outside Thurs in the blizzard and took a nice pic of my path through an unplowed street but cannot seem to get it to load. Bummed because for the first time in this challenge my heavyset yellow lab will not be able to join me on my second runs because he tore his ACL last year and is limited to short walks and lots of naps. I got some new outerwear that worked very well in the blizzard this week and I'm looking forward to getting outside a bit more once this cold front moves out on Mon or Tues (I'm in NY). Single digits with -10 windchill means treadmill runs for me for now.
Quote Reply
Re: 100 Runs 100 Days 2017-2018 Challenge Thread: Dec 15-Mar 23 [TheKoz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ordered my Sole treadmill on December 12th. Dozen phone calls to Sole and their shipping agent, ARC Best, and I'm still waiting for delivery. Ridiculous. Few days recently here on Eastern Long Island we had temps in the teens with 40+ mph wind gusts -- so really not safe or wise to run outside in such conditions. Maybe I should just suck it up and join the gym down the block for a month. Hopefully my treadmill will be here this week.

Ran outside today so I'm at 17/23. Kudos to everyone running outside in these sub-zero temps. I actually had people driving today giving me thumbs up and waves of encouragement for running in these conditions. This never happens.
Quote Reply
Re: 100 Runs 100 Days 2017-2018 Challenge Thread: Dec 15-Mar 23 [BT_DreamChaser] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BT_DreamChaser wrote:
Ordered my Sole treadmill on December 12th. Dozen phone calls to Sole and their shipping agent, ARC Best, and I'm still waiting for delivery. Ridiculous. Few days recently here on Eastern Long Island we had temps in the teens with 40+ mph wind gusts -- so really not safe or wise to run outside in such conditions. Maybe I should just suck it up and join the gym down the block for a month. Hopefully my treadmill will be here this week.

Ran outside today so I'm at 17/23. Kudos to everyone running outside in these sub-zero temps. I actually had people driving today giving me thumbs up and waves of encouragement for running in these conditions. This never happens.

I don't think this ever happen in Canada when it is that cold....they just think we are even crazier!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Agreed. It was 10 when I set out this morning, -8 I believe with the windchill. I didn’t get thumbs up.....wasn’t as bad as I thought it was going to be once I got warmed up
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dev,
Been cold in BAHSTAN too... brrr

Extra credit for 100x100 swim (on 1:20) DURING the 100x100 run challenge???
oh and send privately if you have some suggestions, i know you travel a ton, on running in Hong Kong (headed there next week and dont want to mess this thing up)
Quote Reply
Re: 100 Runs 100 Days 2017-2018 Challenge Thread: Dec 15-Mar 23 [thetriranger] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I was doing pretty well until I caught a chest cold from relatives over Christmas. Trying to shake this and get back at it //

Man I had 3 good weeks going, and kept reading and seeing everyone getting sick around me. Finally hit me yesterday, so hopefully just a few days off. Probably came at a good time, if just a few then I can come back and maybe even run some days in a row instead of every other..
Quote Reply
Re: 100 Runs 100 Days 2017-2018 Challenge Thread: Dec 15-Mar 23 [monty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thurs - Sat last week my legs felt like someone hit them with a hammer. A quick session on the foam roller Saturday evening and the legs felt great again on Sunday.

-Nobody
Quote Reply
Re: 100 Runs 100 Days 2017-2018 Challenge Thread: Dec 15-Mar 23 [monty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Same.
7 days coughing. not sleeping well and stuffed up.
Oddly feel ok running and swimming.. its just when I am not that the coughing starts.
being above the freezing mark might help too ... at some point.
cant we do this in the summer??
Quote Reply

Prev Next