Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: 100/100 Runs Challenge (Started Dec 15th, not too late to join) [bmanners] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
yeah, I hear you, but since I started the cycle, I have to finish it or risk catching a nasty case of "Death". lol. Anyways, yeah, the foot thing sucked, I was out on an easy run and stepped on something nasty and my foot got mangled. all better now though. hope you arent hurt too badly.
Quote Reply
Re: 100/100 Runs Challenge (Started Dec 15th, not too late to join) [IRONwolf] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Went to doc today put on naproxin and told to run outside instead of the DREADMILL. Told to even try to run later tommorow towards evening on track and ice after. See how it goes....... I should be up to two or three - one hour runs a day soon :) Kidding Dev!!! looks like I did not screw myself up to bad. Dont say you dont care you know you do :) :) :) Biking and swimming coming along.

Re: 100/100 Runs Challenge (Started Dec 15th, not too late to join) [bmanners] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I did 7 1hour runs today.
Quote Reply
Re: 100/100 Runs Challenge (Started Dec 15th, not too late to join) [IRONwolf] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Today's run started out very pedestrian. Sort of cloudy and breezy with various
clouds around here in Phoenix. My outdoor thermometer read 61. I decided
to get my quick 3 miles in. Short, t-shirt, hat. At the last minute I decided to
put on my arm warmers for the beginning. Best choice of the morning. First 20 minutes were
fine. I was on my way back, when the heavens opened up. First wind gusting to
probably 20 mph. Then rain. Then the hail larger than bb's. I would be in a "sprinters"
run and barely moving under 10:00 mph. The hail at 20 mph being driven into
any exposed skin as resulted in my hands and legs being covered in bright red
welts.

Good grief. :)

-Jot
Quote Reply
Re: 100/100 Runs Challenge (Started Dec 15th, not too late to join) [gamebofh] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Guys...into the home stretch....14 days to go, you should be feeling pretty awesome right now and after this thing ends, hopefully you'll have seen that even when you focus on more swim and bike, you should have no issues getting 5-6 runs in per week....that's when you really nail your race performance, cause as we know, triathlon is not the race to T2...everything to T2 is there to set you up to finish strong....hopefully all the running you have done will allow you to do this.

For those in Ottawa, who is racing the St. Pat's 10K on Sunday. Rolldown and I are "in"....Fred_h is doing somethng like stuffing his face at a buffet.
Quote Reply
Re: 100/100 Runs Challenge (Started Dec 15th, not too late to join) [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm on pace to get to 79 runs, so it looks like I'll throw in one more somewhere, in an act of blatant spreadsheeet chasing:) This is the first challenge for me, and it's really helped me stay motivated. My runs have been short and slow, but I've been able to keep up my running frequency while ramping up the swim and bike. Six more months and hopefully I'll be ready for IMC. Oh and Dev, I think the 30 minute cutoff for runs is perfect. It lets people of all different abilities join in just by varying the pace/distance. Thanks.
Quote Reply
Re: 100/100 Runs Challenge (Started Dec 15th, not too late to join) [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Think if the rain holds off I am going to go to local HS track and try to get 30 minutes in. I Got a 9 mile bike ride home from work today, then did a 23 mile bike later on. I was going to check out new pool at the Peddie school maybe do it tommorow then hope the rain lets up to get a run in on their track :)

Quote | Reply
"then hope the rain lets up to get a run in on their track"

What, are you the Wicked Witch of the West?

Quote Reply
Re: 100/100 Runs Challenge (Started Dec 15th, not too late to join) [kdw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Coming back from injury and feeling good dont need to slip on the track and lose another two weeks. I would be a worlock not a witch btw kdw.

Re: 100/100 Runs Challenge (Started Dec 15th, not too late to join) [kdw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
61 run and 696K done. Should be on track for 800k, but likely only 70 runs, which means I will hopefully have run 70% of the days in this challenge....zero doubles this year as I've done another ~2000K of trainer riding and 1500K of XC skiing. Pretty well every day is a "2 sport day". I'll be replacing the XC ski volume with swim and more bike now. Amazingly enough, I have had zero business travel over the period, but getting ready for 4 weeks of road time in the next 8 weeks. Final run of this challenge will hopefully be in Tel Aviv on Mar 24.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've been off for the last week because of a nasty cold. Not sure how my final numbers will be but it has been fun tracking everyone's progress/griping.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Jen

"In order to keep a true perspective on one's importance, everyone should have a dog that worships him and a cat that will ignore him." - Dereke Bruce
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Did you tell everyone to pile it on ? :)

Quote | Reply
Yeah....I said "pile it on"...the entire point was to spend all this time working fitness and base....by now the legs should be ready to take on a bit more mileage than during the first 2 weeks. For example a 45-55 mile week right now should likely not feel any more difficult than a 35-40 mile week in week one (your ratios between week 1 and week 13 might vary, however, the point is that you should be able to easily handle "slightly more" mileage day in day out, week in week out for several weeks moving forward from here. While doing 10-15 more miles per week may not sound like a lot, if you do that much more for the "next quarter year" the likelihood of not fading in the back half of your triathlon runs just went up (assuming of course you swam and biked within your fitness, which most of us seem incapable of doing....)

Dev
Last edited by: devashish_paul: Mar 10, 10 14:09
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
9 times left! I will cry of joy when this challenge is over!
Quote Reply
Re: 100/100 Runs Challenge (Started Dec 15th, not too late to join) [The_Swede] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've never run so much in my life. I'm still hoping for 100 runs, but it will be tight - currently at #86 on day 88. Hopefully the dividends will come in this summer. All the best to all!

Head down, thumbs up, give'r
@barrettdj
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
unfortunately I'm not going to get near 100 runs but I did run a 18 minute flat 5k today for my physical fitness test for the Corps. Yes I know we only run three miles but I tacked on the extra 10th just to see. I haven't hit 18 minuts flat in about 10 years.

--------------------------
The secret of a long life is you try not to shorten it.
-Nobody
Quote Reply
Re: 100/100 Runs Challenge (Started Dec 15th, not too late to join) [mck414] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wow...nice work....St. Patrick's Day 10K (I guess a few days early) tomorrow for me!
Quote Reply
Re: 100/100 Runs Challenge (Started Dec 15th, not too late to join) [mck414] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
10 days left to go....around 25 guys on 100 run pace!

37.56 for the 10K yesterday! ~730K done for me and 70K to go to get to my 800K target.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Nice race dev hope I am near that when fully healed. Still taking it easy. More biking and swimming then running. And I put on another 5lbs. My wife said it is from swimming. Cant wait to up the mileage again should be soon. I should hit the 100 with some 30 - 40 minute runs. Believe me I want to run more!!!

Quote | Reply
I found myself not counting anymore my runs, but simply running what I feel is right for my training. The challenge has taken a back seat now that I am cycling more and doing some longer runs. The total will be whatever it will be. It was a very good motivator duringthe coldest days, as usual. Thanks for that Dev.

Francois-Xavier Li @FrancoisLi
"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." George Bernard Shaw
http://www.swimrunfrance.fr
http://www.worldofswimrun.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Went down sick Friday and Saturday. Puts me two down with 10 days to go.
Spent all today with the family at the Renaissance Festival, but still got a quick
run in tonight to avoid going three down. Weather was perfect. Just have
to get two doubles in to get back on track and bring it home. I'm pretty sure
I will have cemented my position as slowest 100/100 finisher.

The runs after Ragnar are always tough because that is really the carrot at
the end of the 100/100 stick. Once it's over I still have a quarter of the way
to go. Still, I'm glad I do it, even if I'm not in Dev's "increasing mileage"
wheelhouse. :)

-Jot
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Caught a cold and missed 6 days, sick as a dog. Twisted my knee last night getting out of the bathtub so that hurts. I had to withdraw from my 50k next weekend and postponed my first 100 mile. Well, everyone has a setback.

Jen

"In order to keep a true perspective on one's importance, everyone should have a dog that worships him and a cat that will ignore him." - Dereke Bruce
Quote Reply
Re: 100/100 Runs Challenge (Started Dec 15th, not too late to join) [gamebofh] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ren Fair? Did you wear chainmail and joust?

Jen

Quote Reply
Re: 100/100 Runs Challenge (Started Dec 15th, not too late to join) [JenHS] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
shit, shit, and double shit.......what 100 jen?
Quote Reply
Re: 100/100 Runs Challenge (Started Dec 15th, not too late to join) [jime] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
And I got laid off so no job after 3/26. Its been a killer week.

Changed my 50k to a marathon on 3/28 on a trail I run all the time so I'm looking forward to it. Was planning on the Lumberjack 100 on April 10th but downgraded to a 50 mile that same day. Now if my knee doesn't heal up quick that might go down to a 50k.

Jen

Quote Reply

Prev Next