Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Dec 15th: We're ON 100 Runs in Run Days Challenge [dax] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Oh yeah, great running area. I wish I was in San Diego! I used to love to run Torrey Pines SP...

-----------------------------------------------------
Quote Reply
Re: Dec 15th: We're ON 100 Runs in Run Days Challenge [JenHS] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Had to hit the dreadmill where i did 9.5 boring miles at about a 8 minute 20 sec pace. Was not that bad outside only 16 degree's. If the wind was not blowing at 40 mph it would be better. Yes I know HTFU I nedd a few of them HTFU pills.

Re: Dec 15th: We're ON 100 Runs in Run Days Challenge [bmanners] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well the 100/100 has been good and bad to me. The good ... I've never felt stronger with my running and ran well under 18 minutes in a 5k last weekend. The bad ... I seem to have now (perhaps from the somewhat hilly pavement running in the race) developed a bit of tendinitis in my foot. Looks like I'll be sliding backwards in the challenge for a week or so. I had about a week's worth of "bank" so hopefully I won't go too far into the red before I can get back at it. Keep up the great work all ... I'll be making my way back up the standings soon!

Nick Brunson - SC, USA
Quote Reply
Re: Dec 15th: We're ON 100 Runs in Run Days Challenge [swimshady] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Take your time and dont rush it . It is not worth the risk. Good luck with it. My shin was feeling it a bit today I will keep a watchful eye on it. Thought I would share some pre and post workout fuel with you guy's. Really helps pre workout after a long 14 hr shift at the firehouse. Great job on the 5k under 18 minute's All I can say to that is WOOHOO you were flying!! Wish I could do it....[/img][/img][/img][/img]

Last edited by: bmanners: Feb 2, 10 18:44
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
I know I'm being a total dumbass but how is the ranking determined again? Points? Frequency? Mileage? Time? Alphabetical? Sexiness? (I win in that case BTW)

By whichever column heading you click on to sort the standings!
Quote Reply
Re: Dec 15th: We're ON 100 Runs in Run Days Challenge [JoeO] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just finished 10.5 mile run under the full moon. Fun. Fun. Fun. The moon was so bright I didn't need a light and was casting a sharp shadow.
Quote Reply
Re: Dec 15th: We're ON 100 Runs in Run Days Challenge [Tri N OC] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Run number 50 in the books. Nice easy recovery to wake up my legs this morning (5AM). Off to work.

===============
Proud member of the MSF (Maple Syrup Mafia)
Quote Reply
Re: Dec 15th: We're ON 100 Runs in Run Days Challenge [bmanners] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Why are your electrical outlets upside down?
Quote Reply
Re: 100/100 Runs Challenge (Started Dec 15th, not too late to join) [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
maybe this has been covered already (and my math could certainly be incorrect), but isn't 12/15/09 to 3/21/10 only 97 days?
Quote Reply
Re: 100/100 Runs Challenge (Started Dec 15th, not too late to join) [DLube] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Curious. So it would seem.

Guess I need to get to +3 then to make 100. ;)

-Jot
Quote Reply
Re: 100/100 Runs Challenge (Started Dec 15th, not too late to join) [DLube] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I thought I had it set for March 24th....I'll go fix it!
Quote Reply
Re: 100/100 Runs Challenge (Started Dec 15th, not too late to join) [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
While you guy's are busy cross checking your math I was out in the blizzard 2010 doing 6.15 miles ( If I realized it was 6.15 miles b4 i stopped I would have done .5 more to make a true10k.) at a whopping 9 minute mile per hour pace :) Life got in the way of runnning today so had a small window this evening to run. On the upside my two boy's each won their rastling matches. My youngest got a pin and the other a hard fought 8-2 win. My youngest rastled a girl. I did not tell him till after he had know clue. She fought hard thats for sure

Re: 100/100 Runs Challenge (Started Dec 15th, not too late to join) [bmanners] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This week was fairly light for me. I raced in the Eastern Canadians XC ski championships this morning, so I wanted to lighten the running load a bit this week. Time was 31.03, but only good for 119th place (but 6th masters, and only a few minutes behind a few ex Olympian masters guys, so I have to accept that being BOP against all the young studs in a drag race is just reality for a 44 year old. Anyway, I did actually get an easy run in this evening to keep on track for hitting 800K (my personal goal)....currently just under 400k with a few days to go to 50 days.
Quote Reply
Re: 100/100 Runs Challenge (Started Dec 15th, not too late to join) [bmanners] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
22 miles today on a muddy hilly trail. Raining too. Hot chocolate and chocolate chip muffin on the drive home, had to get some food in me. Nap, pasta, movie, tea, a chocolate yummy. I'm trying to stay awake through this next movie but the couch and cat are very comfy.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Jen

"In order to keep a true perspective on one's importance, everyone should have a dog that worships him and a cat that will ignore him." - Dereke Bruce
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Early evening brick for me after an early AM run this morning. Finally did Dev's Killer 15K TT. The metal man kicked my ass, although I will keep my results to myself until I can improve a little ... needless to say, I do not meet the ST approved 400 FTP or whatever.

===============
Proud member of the MSF (Maple Syrup Mafia)
Quote Reply
Re: Dec 15th: We're ON 100 Runs in Run Days Challenge [Tri N OC] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Just finished 10.5 mile run under the full moon. Fun. Fun. Fun. The moon was so bright I didn't need a light and was casting a sharp shadow.

Tonight will be the brightest full moon of 2010.

http://news.yahoo.com/...ullmoonof2010tonight

As soon as I read this, I decided to do an after dark run tonight. Still enough snow cover to make for some great artificial daylight.

-----
Over 4.5 years bike crash free.
Quote Reply
Re: Dec 15th: We're ON 100 Runs in Run Days Challenge [xraycharlie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I was not that motivated to go for a run today and was thinking of doing a night/after dinner lunch... Now I will definitively do that...
Thanks for the info.

Edit: ok that was yesterday....

fred.
Last edited by: fred_h: Jan 31, 10 13:17
Quote Reply
Re: Dec 15th: We're ON 100 Runs in Run Days Challenge [fred_h] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Had to get the little one out so my wife could clean the grout lines on the kitchen floor. Ya I know I am such a bad guy to go to the gym while she did this. The boy kept walking all over the wet floor. I swear I did not egg him on !!! Any way only had time for a 9.70 mile run on treadmill . It took a hour eight minutes and change. Childcare closed a 1 at the gym so I had to rush it in. Need a 13.7 mile run tommorow to hit 70 miles for the week. Took monday off last week so tommorow would constitute a week. Right ? Hoping for no wind and at least 30 degree weather to run outside tommorow. Next week will be a easy week for me with 30-40 minute runs. Maybe a double here and there. Dev great job on the XC. Dem youngin's sure are hard to compete with. I thought last friday was the brightest moon of the year?

Quote | Reply
Whoops - you're right. Article is a few days old. Damn Yahoo news.

Still going to go for a moonlit run anyway - should still be pretty bright. Just have to start an hour or so later than planned. (7:23 PM moonrise tonight where I live, in Maine.)

-----
Quote Reply
Re: Dec 15th: We're ON 100 Runs in Run Days Challenge [xraycharlie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It is still like the third brightest moon of the year. So it is still a very bright night light.

Quote | Reply
Well I am actually not running today so it does not matter :)

Fred.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Okay, so maybe I got the date wrong, but that run was freakin' awesome. Best part was near the end, running along the harbor. Moon and brightly lit clouds reflecting off a thin film of sea ice.

Much better than running on Friday would have been - with the strong wind and low temps, that was frostbite weather. No regrets that I skipped the run and installed the surround sound system instead.

Incidentally, today was one of the few doubles I've done this year, other than a couple of run commutes. Wanted to get away from the spreadsheet chasing I was doing last year. Still, I'm starting to think that there's something to be said for doubling up. Certainly felt nice and loose right from the beginning on this evening's run.

-----
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
182 miles for the month. Boooya!

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Jen

"In order to keep a true perspective on one's importance, everyone should have a dog that worships him and a cat that will ignore him." - Dereke Bruce
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
After a heavy run mileage month built on frequency, it is time to get some longer runs and more intensity on my runs and on the bike. At the halfway point I am on track for the 900+ k and on schedule for frequency. While my frequency is up, my mileage is only slightly higher than the normal mileage for the remainder of the year.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Will you consider me for the Badass Prize?

I ran.

In the rain.

-----------------------------------------------------
Quote Reply

Prev Next