Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

*racing* waterproof riding gear
Quote | Reply
Soliciting recommendations on good racing (i.e. aerobars for 5+ hrs) rain gear. Looking for a jacket or a waterproof shell. Looks like temps are going to be around 50, so I think jacket would be warranted anyway. Might even have to spend time on velotoze although it takes me like 3 minutes to put one on:(
Quote Reply
Re: *racing* waterproof riding gear [friskyDingo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Gabba
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Castelli Idro
Quote Reply
Re: *racing* waterproof riding gear [GreatScott] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks, will try to snag something, hopefully on July 4th sale...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
friskyDingo wrote:
Thanks, will try to snag something, hopefully on July 4th sale...

The Castelli recommendations above are great for racing. Tour Cycling has Castelli marked way down for the 4th.

The Velotoze toe covers are an option. They can be preinstaled on most shoes and still allow getting the shoe on.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You could keep it simple.

Arm warmers, snug wind vest &/or Castelli jersey w windstopper front material.

Regular neoprene toe booties are probably more aero than whatever shoes you'd put them on, and don't require one extra iota of time in transition.
I'll often even use some duct tape to hold them on, so there's no risk of them coming off in transition - Gorilla tape is great for this.

Full finger gloves a good idea too, both for warmth and grip in wet conditions.

float , hammer , and jog

Quote Reply
Re: *racing* waterproof riding gear [Murphy'sLaw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks, tried armwarmer set up today and got a set of these shoe covers - ugly but seems like a reasonable piece of gear. Going to hunt for a castelli jacket today. Full finger gloves are a great idea, thanks! I'll arrive a few days before the race so should be able to try out different gear while there.
Quote Reply