Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: *Spoilers* 2017 Spring Classics thread *Spoilers* [SailorSam] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SailorSam wrote:
echappist wrote:
McNulty wrote:
That is fucking awful.

shit

Gilbert has this now...

Sagan hit his head as well; ugh

Fortune favors the brave right? Gilbert earned it. Shit luck for the chasers and my boy

this

-----

the fact that the group was only 50 seconds behind at the top of Patersberg implies that they could have probably closed it down to 15-20 seconds had bad luck not struck; moot point now
Quote Reply
Re: *Spoilers* 2017 Spring Classics thread *Spoilers* [McNulty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
McNulty wrote:
Wtf is Terpstra doing?

thought the same thing ..... he seems to have learned though .... jeepers
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
riding for second
Quote Reply
Re: *Spoilers* 2017 Spring Classics thread *Spoilers* [heyMartin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
free tow and maybe QS gets it right for a change
Quote Reply
Re: *Spoilers* 2017 Spring Classics thread *Spoilers* [heyMartin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
bracing for broken heart ...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
GvA took a tumble, DvB went on a flyer earlier, Nikki has GOT to have more juice for the sprint.
Quote Reply
Re: *Spoilers* 2017 Spring Classics thread *Spoilers* [dsmallwood] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
wow. WOW.

stylyie, in your face finish.

wow

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
heyMartin wrote:
free tow and maybe QS gets it right for a change

yeah, sneaky aero assist in cross winds

then there's this gem. Can't find the eurosport version, but Sean Kelly translated it to: ride the time trial of your life. Looks like he responded six years later...

Last edited by: echappist: Apr 2, 17 8:26
Quote Reply
Re: *Spoilers* 2017 Spring Classics thread *Spoilers* [echappist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That was one for the ages, and doing it in Belgian jersey with rainbow bands. His Wiki page will show "The lost years at team BMC."

Not often that you see Sagan crash but they're taking that risk in the gutter. At least Boonen can take solace in QS getting the win.
Quote Reply
Re: *Spoilers* 2017 Spring Classics thread *Spoilers* [echappist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
And how about DvB? That kid has some talent. At least Cdale can be happy about that after SvM's tough day.
Quote Reply
Re: *Spoilers* 2017 Spring Classics thread *Spoilers* [Carl Spackler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
only the 2nd Walloone to have won RvV; first since Criquielion

first to have won it in the Belgian Tricolors since Devolder

-----

then there's the cynical side: what else has changed?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
echappist wrote:

-----

There it is, us cyclists can be so self conscious about this. You see any NFL fans wondering why 300 pound guys can run a 10 second 100 yards? Enjoy the show.
Quote Reply
Re: *Spoilers* 2017 Spring Classics thread *Spoilers* [SailorSam] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SailorSam wrote:
echappist wrote:

-----

There it is, us cyclists can be so self conscious about this. You see any NFL fans wondering why 300 pound guys can run a 10 second 100 yards? Enjoy the show.

ugh. don't say that.

sigh ....

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
SailorSam wrote:
echappist wrote:

-----

and the issue is more along the lines of the resurgence at age of 34, after transferring to a new team
Quote Reply
Re: *Spoilers* 2017 Spring Classics thread *Spoilers* [dsmallwood] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Meh...I'm not saying bring out the syringes. I'd love for this to be paniagua. But I'm a realist (and a financial professional in real life). These guys are humans and there's money involved. Virtue is not the reason I love following these races.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
echappist wrote:

and the issue is more along the lines of the resurgence at age of 34, after transferring to a new team

Katusha 2015 smoothie recipe.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
SailorSam wrote:
Meh...I'm not saying bring out the syringes. I'd love for this to be paniagua. But I'm a realist (and a financial professional in real life). These guys are humans and there's money involved. Virtue is not the reason I love following these races.

realist bring up reasonable doubts; those live in fantasy sweep in under the rug. Realists realize that financial professionals are probably still doing insider trading and thinking of the next Libor manipulation. I'm also realistic about what goes on in my profession and the compromises made

you were addressing the doubt part, implication being cycling fans should be more like NFL fans

and as someone here once asked me if im giving my favorite riders a pass,

I once really liked Gilbert and still do to a large extant

GvA can be nicknamed Vanminolat or Vanozonemat

Evans did testing with Dr. Ferrari, etc

Kwiatkowski and Sagan might be the only ones without much dirt; i really hope that Alaphilippe has no dirt as well, as is Dan Martin

but the cynical side apart, this may do a lot of good not just on a sporting level but also on a political level; lest we forget the Flemsih and the Walloon took more than a year to form a government back in 2010...
Last edited by: echappist: Apr 2, 17 8:53
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

god i feel bad for vanmarcke. looks like his rear wheel just slipped out.

boonen,sagan,gva,vanmarcke gonna be HUNGRY at roubaix!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
McNulty wrote:
I'm going dark horse-ish:
Phil Gil nips GvA, then Sagan.

Dude, you got 2 out of 3!
Jill Bear will never have to buy his own beer in Belgium for as long as he lives, what a brave performance.
Not like Sagan to mess up, but I guess it shows he's human too..

res, non verba
Quote Reply
Re: *Spoilers* 2017 Spring Classics thread *Spoilers* [RoYe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
RoYe wrote:
McNulty wrote:
I'm going dark horse-ish:
Phil Gil nips GvA, then Sagan.

Dude, you got 2 out of 3!
Jill Bear will never have to buy his own beer in Belgium for as long as he lives, what a brave performance.
Not like Sagan to mess up, but I guess it shows he's human too..

he already has had that privilege in Wallonia and Brussels. Now he'll be able to do it it Flanders
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Also massive respect to Coryn Rivera, who doesn't have to buy a beer in the OC. If you let Rivera into a field sprint, you've made a mistake.

Edit: Well actually she does since no one cares about cycling in the OC, much less women's cycling. But still, local girl made it big. Along with Jen Valente.
Last edited by: trail: Apr 2, 17 11:37
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I don't man... looks too good to be true; old people don't get THAT fast THAT fast without any help.

The entire event (IM) is like "death by 1000 cuts" and the best race is minimizing all those cuts and losing less blood than the other guy. - Dev
Quote Reply
Re: *Spoilers* 2017 Spring Classics thread *Spoilers* [LuisDF] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
LuisDF wrote:
I don't man... looks too good to be true; old people don't get THAT fast THAT fast without any help.

You and the other doubters are probably right.

But BMC, generally speaking, has seemed to grind riders not named Greg down. 2016 and 2017 Porte don't look nearly as good as 2015 and earlier Porte. Van Garderen and Phinney seem to be constantly on the edge of burnout. Phinney pretty much stated outright that BMC was no fun to ride for. So it's possible that the Phil is just picking up where he left off, i.e. the "lost years" quip above.

On the other hand, maybe BMC is just clean(ish). Because Cannondale seems to be where riders go to stagnate, and there's some likelihood they're clean. Impossible to guess these days.
Quote Reply
Re: *Spoilers* 2017 Spring Classics thread *Spoilers* [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Word. An American wins Flanders. Cannondale has a good/bad day. GvA has had an amazing spring. I think he and Sagan would have caught PG, given GvA's push at the end. Throw in Sagan and who knows?

Crazy race.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Do we know exactly what happened to Sagan's crash. Did he just slip into the barrier and the banner came off and that jacket got sucked into whoever's bike.

Brooks Doughtie, M.S.
Exercise Physiology
-USAT Level II
Quote Reply

Prev Next