Prev Next
Re: 2018 Spring Classics Thread [McNulty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
McNulty wrote:
Benv wrote:
Sep, Stybar, Gilbert
Greg VA, Kwiatowski

Sep! Would love to see it happen.
You and me both. I think he will have a good season. Haven't seen him as relaxed and putting everything into perspective as this year. What fatherhood can do to a man... :-)
Quote Reply
Re: 2018 Spring Classics Thread [echappist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
since i know nothing but enjoy reading all of your postings and watching the race

moser, kwia, sagan
van aert, valverde
Quote Reply
Re: 2018 Spring Classics Thread [heyMartin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wouldn’t be suprised to see brambilla do well here. Has a love affair with white roads. Also strade 2016 he nearly pulled it off after constant attacks to set up stybar (in which Fabian won anyway)
Funny now that brambilla is a trek boy
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Strada picks

Sagan, Kiwato, gilbert
Valverde and stybar
Quote Reply
Re: 2018 Spring Classics Thread [Benv] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Benv wrote:
McNulty wrote:
Benv wrote:
Sep, Stybar, Gilbert
Greg VA, Kwiatowski

Sep! Would love to see it happen.
You and me both. I think he will have a good season. Haven't seen him as relaxed and putting everything into perspective as this year. What fatherhood can do to a man... :-)

has he lost weight? looked quite lively on the Muur
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Strade Bianche

Kwiatkowski, Vanmarcke, Stybar

Benoot, Moser
Quote Reply
Re: 2018 Spring Classics Thread [noodle_soup] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Didn't get the chance to post my picks for K-B-K, so for Strade Bianchi:

Sagan, Kwiato & Gilbert
Stybar and Van Aert
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
There's a lot of potential contenders here, really tough to whittle it down. Will be interesting to see how much of a factor the weather/muddy roads play. Strade is always one of my favourite races of the year, such a cool parcours.

Kwiato, Sagan, Stybar
GvA, Gilbert
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
echappist wrote:
McNulty wrote:
Bold Phinney pick. But I can’t cuz he’s a Boulder dude and bad weather harshes his mellow.
I gotta go with the mudders.

Van Av, Stybar, van Aert.
Sep, Moscon

Kwiatkowski, GvA, Gilbert
van Aert, Dumoulin

I'll put in Valverde and remove Dumoulin. A piti, but Valverde climbed well last weekend
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
echappist wrote:
I'll put in Valverde and remove Dumoulin. A piti, but Valverde climbed well last weekend
I can totally see Valverde nailing that final climb in Siena, it's right up his alley... surprising that he doesn't have a solid track record here. That lack of history and his apparent illness this week had me leave him off my list but I can totally see him winning this.
Quote Reply
Re: 2018 Spring Classics Thread [ClayDavis] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ClayDavis wrote:
echappist wrote:
I can totally see Valverde nailing that final climb in Siena, it's right up his alley... surprising that he doesn't have a solid track record here. That lack of history and his apparent illness this week had me leave him off my list but I can totally see him winning this.

There will be a bunch of crashes and some faves will go down is my prognostication. I sure don’t want to see Valverde rolling the gravel and mud unscathed to get to the climb into Siena, bc he sure could win it. He’s that good, and it’s annoying as hell.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My risky picks last week didn't pan out. Playing it saf(er).

Van Marcke, Sagan, GvA
Kwiat, Haas
Last edited by: trail: Mar 2, 18 18:23
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
wait, he's sick?

nvmd then

Kiwatkowski, GvA, Gilbert
Van Aert and Sagan
Last edited by: echappist: Mar 2, 18 19:55
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
weather calls for light rain, low wind, upper 30's to mid 40's, and overcast. I think punctures will take out a few favorites. Sagan's form will be interesting since he just finished his big block of training at altitude and needs to find the race form and "recover". I have a feeling there will be an earlier selection tomorrow to decide the race......Valverde with an early attack?
Quote Reply
Re: 2018 Spring Classics Thread [Ron_Burgundy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sagan, kwiato, stybar
Quote Reply
Re: 2018 Spring Classics Thread [daveTDF] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Here in NJ, i don’t have internet and have to rely on cellular data. Might be able to watch the last 20-30 km; mot sure...

Grumbling aside, Should consider myself lucky: still with electricity, and the tree that fell overnight didnt smash the house
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
echappist wrote:
Here in NJ, i don’t have internet and have to rely on cellular data. Might be able to watch the last 20-30 km; mot sure...

Grumbling aside, Should consider myself lucky: still with electricity, and the tree that fell overnight didnt smash the house[/quote

Wout and Bardet. Nice move! He better make Bardet work.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
McNulty wrote:
echappist wrote:

Grumbling aside, Should consider myself lucky: still with electricity, and the tree that fell overnight didnt smash the house[/quote

This is where Oss comes in handy.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
McNulty wrote:
McNulty wrote:
echappist wrote:

Grumbling aside, Should consider myself lucky: still with electricity, and the tree that fell overnight didnt smash the house

This is where Oss comes in handy.

Jimmay, you drinking too much again? Quoting game needs work :p

-----

That's a nice doublet up front. And a sizeable gap
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yeah. Power out here in Va so things are a little cray cray. This race is awesome. Looks just like where we ride every day, except for the villas and what not. Weather too.

Bora has the beef to bring this all back. Impressive. And then Valverde steals it. Grrrrrr.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This ain't coming back; last hill prior to Siena tops out with 15-17 km to go. The front two are gone
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
echappist wrote:
This ain't coming back; last hill prior to Siena tops out with 15-17 km to go. The front two are gone

3.......I shoulda picked Benoot.....dang
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I should have as well. At least got van Aert picked. No one got through this round of picking acquitting himself well
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
well, hat tip to Bardet for a nice ride. i wanted to pick him, but to my discredit, i thought he was too soft.
that was a tough day for all. strong riders.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Benoot has arrived.

Who signs Van Aert next year? I thought he’d be good here and then didn’t pick him. Smart!

Bardet. Wow. He’s rivaling Nibali for GC riders with panache.
Last edited by: Carl Spackler: Mar 3, 18 7:08
Quote Reply

Prev Next