Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: ***Spoiler Alert*** 2018 Spring Classics Thread [echappist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
@the Belgian delegation, anyone knows why they got ride of the Taainberg? Yes, i know Boonen retired, but that little hill didn’t disappoint the past two seasons. The exposed false flat at the top was a nasty little surprise that really shredded things.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
@the Belgian delegation ... also, what's the weather? someone just told me that it will be below freezing for Loop's start.
Quote Reply
Re: ***Spoiler Alert*** 2018 Spring Classics Thread [dsmallwood] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
5°C and a lot of cold wind (5 beaufort)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Not going to make any outlandish picks for the Omloop:

GvA, Gilbert, VanMarke
Stybar, Wellens

Although I'm really interested to see how Sunweb or Mitchelton-Scott go this classics season.
Quote Reply
Re: ***Spoiler Alert*** 2018 Spring Classics Thread [ClayDavis] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
i'm not liking this course change. still bunched together with 30km to go. small groups of strong riders were formed by this point on the old course...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Trentin or Cobrelli might take this
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Well, that was......something.

Interesting to see faves burn matches from 30k ish in. Seemed like a lot of early riding into form going on. Plenty of guys could have followed that last move, but maybe not.

KBK
Quote Reply
Re: ***Spoiler Alert*** 2018 Spring Classics Thread [McNulty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
McNulty wrote:
Well, that was......something.

Interesting to see faves burn matches from 30k ish in. Seemed like a lot of early riding into form going on. Plenty of guys could have followed that last move, but maybe not.

KBK

The moves went at 50km out each of the last three years; so 30 is understandable. This course needs a longer lead-in to be selective.

Also, what happened to Gaiviria?
Last edited by: echappist: Feb 24, 18 8:29
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am sad whenever Astana wins...

"one eye doubles my eyesight, so things don't look half bad" John Hiatt
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
echappist wrote:
Yeah 9 minutes down, I assume some sort of mechanical?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Interesting outcome.

Surprised to see the whole of the race almost come back together in the final few hundred meters. Typically, the last few years, it's been more selective, with a much smaller group in the finale. I thought tomorrow's KBK was the one for the Sprinters this weekend!

I have mixed feelings about Astana - but nice to see Canadian bike company, Argon-18 get a "win". They (Argon-18), are doing some great things!

Steve Fleck @stevefleck | Blog
Quote Reply
Re: ***Spoiler Alert*** 2018 Spring Classics Thread [Fleck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Fleck wrote:
Interesting outcome.

Surprised to see the whole of the race almost come back together in the final few hundred meters. Typically, the last few years, it's been more selective, with a much smaller group in the finale. I thought tomorrow's KBK was the one for the Sprinters this weekend!

I have mixed feelings about Astana - but nice to see Canadian bike company, Argon-18 get a "win". They (Argon-18), are doing some great things!

Working with Astana has been extremely beneficial to Argon. You want to get feedback on a bike ? Give it to Fuglsang for a week. He holds no punches.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ClayDavis wrote:
echappist wrote:

Yeah 9 minutes down, I assume some sort of mechanical?

That will probably affect my picks for KBK

Greg was probably wishing that Peter was there. Then again, as Greg couldn't follow Vanmarcke, I'm pretty sure Vanmarcke, Stybar, and Sagan would have been contesting the win had Sagan started.
Quote Reply
Re: ***Spoiler Alert*** 2018 Spring Classics Thread [marcag] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Working with Astana has been extremely beneficial to Argon. You want to get feedback on a bike ? Give it to Fuglsang for a week. He holds no punches.

I'm sure it is.

I remember both Cerevlo's co-founders Phil White and Gerard Vroomen telling me that working with the top riders, on the CSC Team as they were in the early to mid-2000's , was a massive advantage! It coincided with the time that the brand and their business really started to take off!

Steve Fleck @stevefleck | Blog
Quote Reply
Re: ***Spoiler Alert*** 2018 Spring Classics Thread [Fleck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Think the wind played a huge role in keeping things together compared to prior years.

"It's good enough for who it's for" - Grandpa Wayne
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Looked like Gaviria sat up as soon as it got tough, like a few openers and then throw out the anchor. He’s my pick for tomorrow.

When Valgren went I thought, it’s over. Great move. He’s flown just under radar of favs but probably not any longer.

How about Van Aert in front group all the way to end? Damn impressive—could be a Strade Bianche dark horse.
Quote Reply
Re: ***Spoiler Alert*** 2018 Spring Classics Thread [Carl Spackler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
+1 on both points. Impressive debut. though is his team invited to Strade?
Quote Reply
Re: ***Spoiler Alert*** 2018 Spring Classics Thread [Carl Spackler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
KBK picks:
Gaviria, Groenewegen, Nizzolo
Colbrelli, Demare
Last edited by: Carl Spackler: Feb 24, 18 17:27
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
echappist wrote:
@the Belgian delegation, anyone knows why they got ride of the Taainberg? Yes, i know Boonen retired, but that little hill didn’t disappoint the past two seasons. The exposed false flat at the top was a nasty little surprise that really shredded things.
Not sure but the company that owns those races has made various changes to various races over the years. It's interesting that they totally redesigned the Tour of Flanders several years ago, but now incorporated the old Flanders route into today's Omloop.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
echappist wrote:
+1 on both points. Impressive debut. though is his team invited to Strade?

Yes they are and Van Aert is on their start list.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
KBK:

Gaviria, Groenwegen, Nielsen
Cobrelli, Bennett
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Gaiviria, Demare, Cobrelli
Debuscherre, Trentin
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Gaviria, Trentin, DeBuyst
Roelandts, Sep
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
KBK

Demare, colbrelli, gaviria

GVA and stuyven
Quote Reply
Re: ***Spoiler Alert*** 2018 Spring Classics Thread [Ron_Burgundy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
woops......forgot to pick......i'm DQ'd.....just saw Gaviria pop w 70 k left so not him.............

dark horses: Swift, Langeveld, McNally, Bozic, Gatto
Quote Reply

Prev Next