Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

[HELP] Tri Workout Books - MaxHR vs LTHR
Quote | Reply
SlowTwitchers,

I have a Garmin VivoActive HR. Last season I used the book Be Iron Fit. I loved it. However, I noticed that the book calls for MaxHR zones and I want to go to a better calculation (from that I've read), LTHR. So with that, here are my questions:
1) Are there any recommended training books that focus on LTHR zones rather than MaxHR?
2) If I used % of LTHR in my Garmin but followed the Be Iron Fit zones, would what be wrong since the Be Iron Fit assumption is that you're using MaxHR zones?

I'm pretty torn and confused.... Any help would be appreciated!
Quote Reply
Re: [HELP] Tri Workout Books - MaxHR vs LTHR [jaredswilson] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Joe Friel's Triathlete Training Bible will help you with focus on LTHR
Quote Reply
Re: [rodchaves31] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thank you!! Does that book have training plans?
Quote Reply
Re: [HELP] Tri Workout Books - MaxHR vs LTHR [jaredswilson] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
you can figure out what % of max your LTHR is then use any book that uses either.

IMO PRE is just as good as using a HRM but what do I know (shrugs shoulders)?

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Quote Reply
Re: [jaredswilson] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not fully built but the book shows you the principles of building one from finding out LTHR and setting your zones to the principle of periodization and also samples of how you can build a plan based on your goals or types of races that you will do.
Quote Reply
Re: [desert dude] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
desert dude wrote:
you can figure out what % of max your LTHR is then use any book that uses either.

IMO PRE is just as good as using a HRM but what do I know (shrugs shoulders)?

My own patended training-zones are "feel-like-not-training" (recovery), "easy", "steady", hard but controlled", and "balls out full gas".

Have a HR also - doesnt always relate to my own zone! Fex sometimes hard but controlled leaves med at 85%, sometimes 95%!
Quote Reply