Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

"upgraded" web site
Quote | Reply
Folks, I have "upgraded" my web site to try to make it a little more user friendly. Any comments would be appreciated.

www.powercranks.com

Frank

--------------
Frank,
An original Ironman and the Inventor of PowerCranks
Last edited by: Frank Day: Dec 9, 04 13:31
Quote Reply
Re: "upgraded" web site [Frank Day] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Only had time for a cursory glance right now Frank..but having seen the previous web site I can say this one 'looks' way better. Easier to navigate and more visually appealing. I'll give you a better run down when I have the time to look it over more. Keep up the good work.
Quote Reply
Re: "upgraded" web site [Kentiger] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That was the hope. The old one just kept getting more and more complicated with tons of information on each page making it difficult for people to find anything specific, unless they were interested in it all, which some were. Thanks for the feedback.

--------------
Frank,
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hey, Frank.

customerjon @gmail.com is where information happens.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Functionality seems much better. Aesthetically, it needs help.

Andy

Andy

'You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Thinsg Are As They Are.'
Quote Reply
Re: "upgraded" web site [Mr. Tibbs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
[reply]Hey, Frank.[/reply]

Hey Tibbs!

--------------
Frank,
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
...no offense, but way way way way too much text and clutter in front.

it's almost a little overwhelming - can you categorize it better and size downthe logo?

lots of great examples of good websites out there that aren't hard to replicate - might want to simplify it.

my $.02
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Not an expert, but I have designed and tested a few sites. I agree there is way to much text. No one will read through all that to find what they want. I would go with a graphic and brief description - what the product is and what it will do for you- kind of things- on the home page. It should be just enough to tell people what the site is about and get them interested. Then let them surf through the other stuff. I do like the sub-menus that change according to what page you are on. Good idea to ease naviagtion.
Quote Reply
Re: "upgraded" web site [TriKitty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the feedback. Just out of curiosity, had you been to the old site?

--------------
Frank,
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
To be honest, I'm not sure it's much better than before. I expected a more dramatic improvement, from your post.

I agree that aesthetically it is not very nice indeed. But that's OK for me, this way I'll spend more time on the PCs than on the website.
Quote Reply